[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Like some folks here, I am extremely dissapointed (I know I should not, because it is far to early to judge the game and everything...but it is how I feel!) with the trailer. The pics posted here look like Conduit pics-what the!? ...this happens when you show the game to in an early state!

I know I will get heavy beating: but the smoke effects, particles and god rays breaking through thick fog/smoke ... go play KZ2 guys...nothing new!

For me it is also clear that the PS3 version is behind now...and that it will lack when the game is released (I think this should not be too suprising, if one follows this forum) - they show the Xbox360 version because they want to impress the media, and it is obvious that they think that with the actual PS3 version people are less impressed.

Everytime a MP dev constantly iterates: "all console versions look identical", "PS3 version looks great", "all the same", "there are some instances where the PS3 excels the Xbox360"...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

But as everytime, I hope that this time the dev is not lying, I hope that this time Crytek is different, and that maybe this time, the PS3 version can keep the pace as promised!
I think it's far too early to decide that now. If they really wanted to impress the media, they would show the superior PC version. Seems like Crytek is working extremely hard on parity working on the strengths of each console (which will probably make little differences in the end).

People,those shoots are from low quality compressed GDC tech demo not Crysis 2,nothing to see here.
PC games site always has bad and wrong pictures,THIS IS NOT how Crysis 2 looks like.Stop with whining and wait for the real shoots or videos.

I think it's far too early to decide that now. If they really wanted to impress the media, they would show the superior PC version. Seems like Crytek is working extremely hard on parity working on the strengths of each console (which will probably make little differences in the end).

I agree that it is too early to judge!

But, I think they did not show the PC version...as it is not surprising when the PC version smashes everything out there, as even the old iteration of the engine does this right now?!

People,those shoots are from low quality compressed GDC tech demo not Crysis 2,nothing to see here.
PC games site always has bad and wrong pictures,THIS IS NOT how Crysis 2 looks like.Stop with whining and wait for the real shoots or videos.

It is from the GDC video, my pausing ability is slow:LOL:

I don't think the quality matters much though and they give probably the closest idea of what it looks like so far.

I'm pretty impressed I would not expect that much this gen for a "rail road" shooter so taking in account the scale... Well I'm in an urge to see to which heights Epic managed to push UE3 for their upcoming GeoW3.
I really hope for the best as the more competition the better for the two or three years left for this gen systems to be relevant. I'm also willing to see how IDtech5 will fare against competition.

I'm pretty impressed I would not expect that much this gen for a "rail road" shooter so taking in account the scale... Well I'm in an urge to see to which heights Epic managed to push UE3 for their upcoming GeoW3.
I really hope for the best as the more competition the better for the two or three years left for this gen systems to be relevant. I'm also willing to see how IDtech5 will fare against competition.

Yeah the damage, falling debris etc looks amazing, adds a lot of graphical quality not seen yet in any previous game this gen.

Hype, hype, hype. God how i hate hype.

So a few Sun rays here and there and this is the best looking game on any platform, be it PC, PS3 and 360? Never. I find it very, very hard to believe that a multiplatform game can perform in such a way that it is the best thing on all of those platforms, especially PS3.
Maybe it will be the best looking FPS, but it has a long way to go before it starts looking better than UC2, GOW3 and KZ2 (which is a FPS and still looks better, in my opinion)...

I suppose these are gameplay screenshots from the console version because they don’t seem to have AA.
Clearly the alpha stage mess. I see very low res textures, Aliasing, non existent AF pretty much everywhere. What I don't see is the superb volumetric lighting and particles from the trailer. Texture streaming issue is most definitely present as it appears. Not gonna say I'm disappointed at this early stage but I really hoped for more.

So a few Sun rays here and there and this is the best looking game on any platform, be it PC, PS3 and 360? Never. I find it very, very hard to believe that a multiplatform game can perform in such a way that it is the best thing on all of those platforms, especially PS3.
Maybe it will be the best looking FPS, but it has a long way to go before it starts looking better than UC2, GOW3 and KZ2 (which is a FPS and still looks better, in my opinion)...
I know Crytek is aiming for the best and all and I believe they will deliver a game looking much better than those screenshots in the end. But currently those shots are just good, nowhere close to what the press have hyped them to be.

I hope you guys are joking cus this is from GDC 10 tech demo,and its taken from compressed video.Why are you jumping to conclusions?Game cant look this bad,i doubt Crytek and press would hype it so much and then it ends up being worst looking then MW2.Wait for some official videos,the site that posted it just wanted clicks,Crytek should sue them for this:LOL:

You mean something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvOKrd_brw

Oh, and don't forget BC2 of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl1edaPrkyY

Doesn't looks as good imo.

KZQ@ had destructible environs? Must have been pretty limited cus I dont even remember that and I beat it...Does anybody have KZ2 destruction vids in other areas?

Must have just been on a few walls?

BC2 had the most destruction but I dont think the fidelity on the debris is nearly as high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you guys are joking cus this is from GDC 10 tech demo,and its taken from compressed video.Why are you jumping to conclusions?Game cant look this bad,i doubt Crytek and press would hype it so much and then it ends up being worst looking then MW2.Wait for some official videos,the site that posted it just wanted clicks,Crytek should sue them for this:LOL:

I still think it looks great from that vid. I've compared the vid to other top shooters and I think it edges them out.

Once we get direct feed and also some polishing, I think I'll be even more pleased. For me the best looking FPS this gen (it's hard to compare versus other game types (racer, fighting game etc) imo)

Hype is one thing, personal preferences are something else altogether.
My new boss is a bit younger than me and owns a ps3 (I own a 360 which makes me a bit of a weird person in France... :LOL: ) anyway point is we discuss about gaming and from my talks when we talk about good looking games or the games that really "wowed" him he talks about: GoW3 Cod4 MW1&2 and AC2 . Which is different from your pick/selection ;)

Back to the hype, well it's a bit too early for Crytech to claim a victory in regard to the game, the engine, etc. After all we just saw a trailer, but taking in account comments from what I would not call the most unreliable new-sites of the web, I would say Crytech has set the bar pretty high for me right now is more something like: "will it really run smooth enough?"
It's a sandbox game it should be compared
should not according to the forum rules
to games like Infamous/Prototype/Crackdown 1&2/GTA4. The game is set to top all those games from a tech pov and it looks like it can even get close/match (still we have to see more) rail road shooter/action games.
It's not hype imho Crytech is up to deliver something impressive, they may fail to reach "smooth" 30fps, the gameplay may suck, etc. Still having high expectations at this point sounds pretty fair to me.

I would say Crytech has set the bar pretty high for me right now is more something like: "will it really run smooth enough?" It's a sandbox game it should be compared should not according to the forum rules to games like Infamous/Prototype/Crackdown 1&2/GTA.The game is set to top all those games from a tech pov and it looks like it can even get close/match (still we have to see more) rail road shooter/action games.

Well aren't you forgetting this one little game called Farcry 2..??
Its an open world game with a 50 sq km area instead of a limited sandbox like Crysis, boasts some of the most advanced rendering tech with pretty day/night cycles and also has a good physics engine/dynamic fire/a wind system/volumetric lights & clouds. All this while maintaining a good texture resolution throughout the map with AA support & a decent framerate on consoles. And last but not the least...it also manages to look good ! :)
Like I once mentioned this before, One could care less about how much tech is going on in there if the end result is not impressive.

Doesn't looks as good imo.

KZQ@ had destructible environs? Must have been pretty limited cus I dont even remember that and I beat it...Does anybody have KZ2 destruction vids in other areas?

Must have just been on a few walls?

The enemy covers are destructible (e.g. pillars, windows, sandbags, wooden covers). I completed the game without taking advantage of it too much also. It made the train segment overly difficult. I could have blown the sandbags away so that there's no where for the enemies to hide. And then there's the (faked) collapsing building near the beginning. The destructible covers themselves are actually not so interesting. What's interesting is the enemy AI after realizing that their cover is gone. ^_^

In MP, I believe Visari's Palace has destructible pillars.

EDIT:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/10/ex-free-radical-crytek-uk-working-solely-on-crysis-2-multiplay/

Despite earlier claims that Haze developer Free Radical (now Crytek UK) were working on an "original FPS" for its new overlord Crytek Studios, it appears that the UK-based studio is actually hard at work on Crysis 2's multiplayer component. In an interview with VG247, CEO Cevat Yerli revealed "several online functionalities" for the game, as well as the team behind said functionalities. "That is all they [Crytek UK] are doing, with a full team on it, and they are blasting forward at full speed with more focus and dedication than I've ever had before at Crytek."

All you have to do is watch the video to see it looks great. Jpegs set to compression= 80%=meaningless. I can find (or make) bad, nay terrible, pics of ANY game.

The photos above still look quite good actually as a whole. But low res jpegs highly compressed from a further offscreen poor quality vid will make a game look bad.

Those are gameplay "screens" from the low res offscreen GDC tech video. Already linked in one of my posts recently via youtube. Capturing screens from a low res video is one sure way to make any game look bad, when normally it's bullshots that are posted.

Even in those pics, some of the texture models look bad but the gun model is very impressive.

Here are some more traditional screens. http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=851&Itemid=1 I think if you want to compare it with other games using those posted screens, maybe screencap those other games off gametrailers flash videos for a better compare :0 And even then you will not be approaching that low quality.

But I'm not saying it's all roses with the game. Some of the rock textures look rather plastic there. Definitely the worst looking area of the vid.\

Really? I would never guessed XD I know compression can make things look pretty terrible, but i remember the gdc video looking a gazillion times better than those shots XD

How can alpha texture help reducing the draw distance..what's ign smoking ? :LOL:

Btw people check this out:

The thing to notice here is the hand, compare it to the new screenshots from the video...massive difference, yet both are running on consoles & the one with better hand is from a much much older build. Something tells me its all because of a texture streaming bug. :rolleyes:

Yeah, i thought that at first too, but i just realized that they did changed the armor texture:

prophets_face_crysis2_yhp1.png

Now, apparently its all flat XD

So people decide to ignore the game critic impressions of what they saw behind closed doors (which they pretty much all said was the best looking thing on consoles they've ever seen), and decide to judge the game based on two ambiguous (to say the least) screenshots.

Ooookkkkk then...

Back