3 year warranty for all X360s.

and that is the reason why the 360 has alot of breakdown and thus the extended warranty.

Yeah true, I see what you're saying which is why its odd that some people are trying to spin it as good news. Consumers are simply standing still - they've got an escape route (that normally involves refurbs) if/when there machine breaks down early. Its the least that MS should do, and in any case should have been done earlier.

Yeah true, I see what you're saying which is why its odd that some people are trying to spin it as good news. Consumers are simply standing still - they've got an escape route (that normally involves refurbs) if/when there machine breaks down early. Its the least that MS should do, and in any case should have been done earlier.

Well obviously it's good news in comparison to no news.

MS had been quite content sitting there, and pretending there was no problem. At least now, I can have piece of mind.

Everybdy think in a small timeframe.
Every current xb owner is in a trap:they spen money for the system and for the softwares,so they will re-buy and re-send many times the console to minimalise the loss that was made by the ms.
But many good game will be on the competitive system too,and within a few years the sony and the N will make an ms level network system.
So,the guy who will have to make a decision about the brand of the device (it mean right now many million early adopter geek) to buy in the coming decade will have a strong anchor:the not-reliability of the xb machine.
You know, if there is no fanboyism,the pure fact dictate the decision.
And the customer memory is very long about the quality issues.You can destroy a picture within 5 min,and you can spen a life to repair it.

Everybdy think in a small timeframe.
Every current xb owner is in a trap:they spen money for the system and for the softwares,so they will re-buy and re-send many times the console to minimalise the loss that was made by the ms.
But many good game will be on the competitive system too,and within a few years the sony and the N will make an ms level network system.
So,the guy who will have to make a decision about the brand of the device (it mean right now many million early adopter geek) to buy in the coming decade will have a strong anchor:the not-reliability of the xb machine.
You know, if there is no fanboyism,the pure fact dictate the decision.
And the customer memory is very long about the quality issues.You can destroy a picture within 5 min,and you can spen a life to repair it.

Ya because the shoddy PS1s stopped people from buying PS2s right? The shoddy NES keep people from buying the SNES?

MS is taking care of its customers and hopefully the falcon will resolve issues once and for all.

Ya because the shoddy PS1s stopped people from buying PS2s right? The shoddy NES keep people from buying the SNES?

MS is taking care of its customers and hopefully the falcon will resolve issues once and for all.

It is depend on the magnitude.You hear about it, or somebody have experience about it around you,or you have experience about it.

And the other side,yes ,due that issue the N and S loss many thousand customer,but the M will loss many million customer.That make the difference.

You know,for me it is incredible.Today I keep a short training for a few worker about that why we can't send out to the customer more that 5 bad product from one million.Here we talk about hundred thousand bad product from one million.
From the other side, we scrap a supplier due an article in a newspaper about a not functioning machine,which was the product of the given company.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am sure lots of gamers feel that their gaming experience was ruined simply because they miss out their X360s when they send it for repair and when some feel they are hard done by when it wasn't their fault for disc scratches. by the way, how do we actually know the exact cause of ROD and disc scratches? :oops:

nope

but the reasons why the extended warranties was deploy will.

What a pointless statement.

Ofcourse reliability issues hurt costumers perception of a product, how much i do not know. This is a thread about MS giving a 3 year warranty for the main issue, and people around here act like its bad news.

Back