2 new Perfect Dark Zero screenshots

Ecliptic - I've asked you privately, now I'm reminding you publically; posting images, whether as links or straight pictures, is not on unless (a) they're yours, from your own server or (b) a link to the original source is provided. Once again, the reason for this is that the sites hosting the images generate revenue by having traffic through the actual pages which contain the pictures and by not offering the sources, you are robbing the sites of any chance of getting that throughput; all you're doing is taking up bandwidth.

Neeyik said:
Ecliptic - I've asked you privately, now I'm reminding you publically; posting images, whether as links or straight pictures, is not on unless (a) they're yours, from your own server or (b) a link to the original source is provided. Once again, the reason for this is that the sites hosting the images generate revenue by having traffic through the actual pages which contain the pictures and by not offering the sources, you are robbing the sites of any chance of getting that throughput; all you're doing is taking up bandwidth.

Fixed.

That motorcyle is all the proof you need that alot of this game is just XBOX models with fancy effects. That's an XBOX quality motorcycle if I ever saw one!

What I'm seeing out of this game is the cut scenes kinda lick ass, but the gameplay looks FUN like really fun, the explosions are awesome, I actually can't wait to give it a hands on myself.

PD has always been more about gameplay and not so much about GFX anyways, I really wish they'd just give themselves another 3-4months for an art/graphic overhaul though. In the end it would be worth it if the game is a huge success, maybe it will be anyways, if I had to bet I would bet on it being a big success.

Seriously though? Rare, if you're listening....Fix her face. Fix it!! Kameo's hot...ya I said it....but J. Dark just looks retarded, she needs to be a sexy bitch...

I think this is the first game where the cutscenes have worse graphics than the game itself :p The motion blur does SO much for the graphics, IMO.

PG2G said:
I think this is the first game where the cutscenes have worse graphics than the game itself :p The motion blur does SO much for the graphics, IMO.

Yeah. That intro movie with the speedboat...

Makes me wonder what's gonna happen with the huge levels... I mean they're designed for 50+ players, right?

Atsim said:
Makes me wonder what's gonna happen with the huge levels... I mean they're designed for 50+ players, right?
Well they allways said 50 players was the goal and were really hoping for 62 players or 64 and I'm guesing that hte title is being rushed. They are now saying holiday 2005 in the trailer , so i'm thinking its going to hit in december and not at launch . WHich isnt the end of the world as there is ghost recon and cod 2 at launch

Titanio... aren't those pictures is 800x450?

Also, is that the same model for Joanna Dark as in the game? Her cheekbones don't look anywhere near as disturbing as they did in the game...

EDIT:: Nevermind, I thought the "high res" was the textlink. Anyone, I'm with shifty they look upscaled. I said this in another thread just a few seconds ago, but I get the feeling MS is being a little lose with the certifications, so that the can have a nice launch lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty Geezer said:
Hey! Anyone remember the super-jaggied PS3 promo shots for the likes of Gundam? Those jaggies were larger then a single pixel, showing the images were upscaled.

Jaggies "larger than one pixel" aren't due to upscaling. They can and do occure naturally as part of rasterisation.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Titanio... aren't those pictures is 800x450?

No, they're native 1280x720? Your browser may be resizing them to fit your resolution, you should be able to "magnify" them to get the original size.

The graphics in motion are terrific. Its worse in stills. Effects are bananas. Again skin shading and character models need to be improved greatly and less "color"... life isnt monaochromatic (ala MGS4) but neither is it regularly supersaturated. Unless this game takes place in Times Square at night, or the ahkibara in Tokyo the colors need to be toned down just aliitle... that would do a lot to reduce the cartoonish quality which is really what is affecting peoples judgement of art direction...

Tough crowd here.

Apparently, in the latest Xboxyde vid, of the X05 presentation, Rare confirms that the game is not using AA. It's using motion blur "instead". That seems to jive with what was being said earlier, that MSAA isn't required, but "a form of AA", where things like motion blur and DOF qualify.

edit - I just watched the vid myself. It's hard enough to hear, over the music, but basically the journalist notes that the game doesn't seem to be using anti-aliasing, the Rare person says no, this bit was hard to catch but he might have said "it's not done yet", but goes on to say that they've got motion blur which provides some anti-aliasing, and that they're not using the anti-aliasing. So at the very least, as it is now, it's not using AA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back