2 new Perfect Dark Zero screenshots

I think if they can replicate the level of frenetic 'fun' in old franchises like N64's 007, that's all that will really matter. The graphics aren't blowing me away, but then again that's not my priority either. If they'll be able to replicate something like that though is a different matter entirely, and I guess I'll just have to wait until the game's launch.

xbdestroya said:
I think if they can replicate the level of frenetic 'fun' in old franchises like N64's 007, that's all that will really matter. The graphics aren't blowing me away, but then again that's not my priority either. If they'll be able to replicate something like that though is a different matter entirely, and I guess I'll just have to wait until the game's launch.
I second this. Those shots are pretty poor. Mainly the art and design choices. I think everyone has seen enough square rooms with square boxes in them!

The other footage, of the roof tops, I liked because it seemed to mimick a real building (big thing for me... I like the idea of real buildings and YOU choose how you get in and such). They had a lot of nice touches, like sprinklers.

That said 007/PDZ were about the gameplay. I would trade nice graphics for killer gameplay. Just as long as it was clean and stable in the framerate.

I've been playing way too much BF2 I just fail to be impressed by any next gen FPS. Oblivion and Kameo on the other hand :)

Xeno said:
I've been playing way too much BF2

Right on brotha! I just hit 2,200 Global Points yesterday

V_V,

Everytime I go home I get on that fricken game and play play play.

Oh, and the environment of PDZ is growing on me more and more. With that said the characters models are starting to affect me much less. The explosions give off this cool bright light (not just the regular flames). Its a great effect and its going to be much better on a 32 person map. I guess another reason for the character models is simply because of the 32 person maps. They possibly had to lower the poly count of the models? Doesn't seem like a stretch since 64 person maps where downscaled to 32.

BlueTsunami said:
Right on brotha! I just hit 2,200 Global Points yesterday
OT: we should get together sometime ;) I need a HDD format, but after that I should be gold. You use Xfire?

I think this game will have something special in its gameplay. Graphics are good enough but in the end after graphics is where many games are lost, and i think this will not be the case...

Acert93 said:
OT: we should get together sometime ;) I need a HDD format, but after that I should be gold. You use Xfire?

Argh. I hate reformating (had to for my new Mobo that I installed recently). I've been thinking about getting Xfire (want to pull the best experience from BF2). I'll try to install it today and tinker with it. My username is 77BlueTsunami77 (I love being consistent with my BlueTsunami name).

Heres my BF2 stats 77BlueTsunami BF2 Stats77

I've become proficent with the Sniper Rifle, so my K/D ratio is rising (and my accuracy).

M95 FTW!

Mefisutoferesu said:
Let me rephrase... I thought Gears of War was a launch title, or at least launch window. That's what I've been hearing coming out of X05, but there's been so much confusion, I might be wrong.
Spring 2006 at the soonest. It's defintely not a launch window game.

BlueTsunami said:
Argh. I hate reformating (had to for my new Mobo that I installed recently). I've been thinking about getting Xfire (want to pull the best experience from BF2). I'll try to install it today and tinker with it. My username is 77BlueTsunami77 (I love being consistent with my BlueTsunami name).

Heres my BF2 stats 77BlueTsunami BF2 Stats77

I've become proficent with the Sniper Rifle, so my K/D ratio is rising (and my accuracy).

M95 FTW!
I had a long work trip in July/Aug and right before that the BROKEN patch really messed up my game. I went from a solid 60fps to chugging at 25fps--and nothing seems to work (even turning down all the detail and res). So I need a format... I have not played much. Played the other day, had a positive K/D and was #3 on my team. I was top 500 on BF tracks in DC when I played, so I am ok when I know what I am doing :D I don't tend to snipe though... I WISH the sniper could spot stuff better. ZOOM in, spot stuff all the way across the map...

I believe my Xfire name is... acert93 ;)

I hope to reformat this weekend. I will try to catch you when I get that done. I look forward to fragging with a felow B3Der ;)

Ps- I am in OH, EST. Chicago and NY/NJ servers tend to be really good for me, although Florida, KC, Texas, etc... tend to be alright as well.

Jungle scenes look nice IMO. I cannot stand the character art. The large quicktime file is kind of rough, but overall it shows the title has a bit of detail and looks to be solid. The gamplay reminds me of 007! Woot!

I get the distinct feeling the "upgrades" from the Xbox => 360 transition were spent a LOT on adding effects to their already created game assets. Paralax mapping, specular highlights, etc... Looks like they went nuts on all the different techniques to all the large flat surfaces.

If it plays well it will be a good title. The graphics, well, they work. I am sure some will really like them, just not my thing. Personally, to get the most out of next gen you need to design your art with the techniques in mind. Just slapping those techniques on models, well, looks icky to me.

This looks like a fungame to me. Not eveyr game needs ultra realism to be pleasing to the eye. They have obviously gone for a more cartoonish style. I think it works pretty well.

I don't think it's the cartoon style that's turning people off. I'm not a fan of ultra-realistic, things like Ookami are more my style, and even I'm at arms with the way the game looks. THe graphics don't seem right, something about it doesn't mesh - whether it's the art style or the quality of the graphics, I dunno. Actually, I can see this game looking a lot better with lower detail textures and such, ala say kingdom hearts, where red is just a patch of of flat red.

The graphics are great, the art is mediocre. Its the simplistic character models and skin/clothing hair shading...

I think mentally people wanted an ultra realistic PDZ with visuals more like RE5 than the current cartoon look. At least thats what I think.

My friend who was at xo5 cant stop talking about this game. He said it was the funnest game he played so far . He said there are some framerate issues but nothing bad and its only when alot of characters on screen at once. So hopefully they tighten it up

Back