LAIR Thread - * Rules: post #469

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone gets too excited, it seems that Amazon has made similar mistakes in the past and not honoured the lower price. I'll be interesting to see if this one sticks or doesn't, so keep us in the loop.

Well, they've also made similar mistakes in the past and honoured them (e.g. Guitar Hero w/ Guitar for £30)... Let's see! :)

[maven];1055678 said:
Well, they've also made similar mistakes in the past and honoured them (e.g. Guitar Hero w/ Guitar for £30)... Let's see! :)

I hope they do :) Two games for the price of one.

If they don't are you free to cancel though? Great deal i certainly want the game and wouldn't probably pick up folklore if it IS only £15

Buy loads of copy's of lair for £15 and you'll get alot more then that for a cash trade in = small proffit ;)

And it seems legit :)

"Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I have checked your order #026-0718689-8038857 and can confirm that
the price of the item "Folklore (PS3)" is 14.95 GBP

I can also confirm that the price of the item "Lair (PS3)" from the
order #026-5261485-4404464 is 14.95 GBP.

Amazon.co.uk always wants to provide a good service to its customers.

Hence, we will honour the prices given at the time of placing the
order.

Please be assured that there will be no changes in the price of the
items.

We hope that we have been able to alleviate your concerns.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk."

I've now ordered 6 Lair's lol plus another 1 of each for myself. If they stand by this I expect I could make a profit of £90. That's unless the gets saturated with everyone selling off cheap copies of Lair lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, anyone know how much they charge to ship to the States?

Are there Customs due?

Don't think they'll ship out of EU...you can try.

ps. jumped 188,000 percent and rising on Amazon best sellers lol. Lair and Folklore are number 1 and 2. Even if it is a mistake - - it's a good one, because i think amazon could make a little bit of money out of this (depending on how much they buy them for!?) - I guess they are getting in a huge order and will buy them in massive bulk!

Very smart moves. Having played the demo, Folklore is a must grab (for me !) if it's only £15. It will get more copies of Lair into people's hands too. We will be seeing lot's of real user feedback then.

55,100%
Sales Rank in PC & Video Games: 1 (was 552)
Lair (PS3) Lair (PS3)

hahahaha

ordered them both also :cool: :p

anyway, i ordered 6 times LAIR and 1 folklore.. i smell some business here:devilish:

apparently (at least for now the price is correct)

that's quite a deal... what's the conversion to USD from GBP right now?

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I have checked your order #026-0718689-8038857 and can confirm that
the price of the item "Folklore (PS3)" is 14.95 GBP

I can also confirm that the price of the item "Lair (PS3)" from the
order #026-5261485-4404464 is 14.95 GBP.

Amazon.co.uk always wants to provide a good service to its customers.

Hence, we will honour the prices given at the time of placing the
order.

Please be assured that there will be no changes in the price of the
items.

We hope that we have been able to alleviate your concerns.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7583978&postcount=969

Very smart moves. Having played the demo, Folklore is a must grab (for me !) if it's only £15. It will get more copies of Lair into people's hands too. We will be seeing lot's of real user feedback then.
Folklore is that cheap? That'd be amazing. I downloaded the demo last night and had a blast, so did the SO.

Asher, glad you like Folklore too. People should give it a try (I want to know others' take because it's a little of an oddball).

I also saw your posts in the Wii thread. I can sympathize with some of your feelings there but in a different way. Will post my thoughts when I have enough time.

Joystiqs hands on is quite good.

We were immediately impressed with the visual quality of the game. The effort put into the character models and environments are evident, though there are occasional framerate drops.

As far as gameplay goes, we only had a chance to play a flying section, but it was very enjoyable. The SixAxis controls felt great -- which surprised us, since the controls had received the most negative press. Flying around as a dragon was incredibly satisfying as we could feel the weight of the creature when swooping down or pulling up further into the sky.

Read more here: joystiqs hands on
Enjoy!

apparently (at least for now the price is correct)

that's quite a deal... what's the conversion to USD from GBP right now?

total cost for me is something like 428,- dkr (including shipping and 25% danish vat)

These two games in the shops would be somwhere between 1000,- and 1100,- dkr

That is $78 vs $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back