WarDevil is now a PS3 exclusive

From...

"I still don't get the excitement around this title. Unproven development studio, cliche concept, all we've seen is a CG concept movie, and even that wasn't that impressive"

...answered with a supposedly realtime 1080p engine demo, to ...

"Those monsters still look utterly ridiculous."

...you aren't stringing together a very coherent argument! Say the tech is unproven, the demo's too limited, the gameplay unknown, the subject matter cliche, or any other valid argument and I'd nod in agreement. But 'I don't know what the fuss over this game is, the monsters look stupid' isn't the best level of argument you can manage ;). What about the art-design? That limited collapsed arena looked pretty good to me. The concept footage also seemed to set a nice stage. At the moment I don't care for this title as it's an unknown, although any exclusive nets some extra curiosity.

Say the tech is unproven, the demo's too limited, the gameplay unknown, the subject matter cliche, or any other valid argument and I'd nod in agreement.

I've said - or at least meant to say - all that before. I've been responding to the guys talking about the graphics with that particular post.

I've had this game on my radar for the longest time. Say what you will about cliche but the art and style of this game is very unique IMO, and it's definitely part of the appeal. I don't think there is a long list of games out there that you can say feels anything like what they've shown so far. I hope to see more of it soon. I'm just glad it's not vaporware...

Call me corrected!

I was under the impression you were all referring to the initial CGI footage shown & didn't even know they'd released real-time footage at all..!

Thanks for the link deepbrown & my apologies DJ12.. :p

From what I can see the game's engine is looking pretty solid, & my interest in this game has peaked quite a bit..!

:smile:

Supposed real-time...still by looking at the character model and the hair - it all looks like real-time console graphics to me...at least, it's not from the CGI movie. I don't know why the pics I embedded aren't showing up....it's more obvious that it's game graphics in them.

In a good scary way. Me thinks they need back story to explain their cyborgness. I think they all fit with the character design - elongated bodies etc. Looks great to me.

They have cartoony proportions with the oversized hands and feet, and the mechanical parts' design isn't really inspired either. Anyway, I'll stop here, let's just wait and we'll see how the game actually turns out...

They have cartoony proportions with the oversized hands and feet, and the mechanical parts' design isn't really inspired either. Anyway, I'll stop here, let's just wait and we'll see how the game actually turns out...

I agree....that was my point about all the characters. I find it kinda cool...anime inspiration? I don't know. They are ODD to say the least, but odd in a creepy way.

Wardevil and PS3's thecnology:

Wardevil and the PS3...
Posted 7 Hours Ago at 08:18 AM by NoUseMercenary
I've been talking with the developers over at the Digi-Guys about Wardevil and it sounds like they are really making use of the PS3's technology. Using the SPU's and Blu-ray to their advantage.

Here is some new additional info:

- They are not finished with the game yet, still adding improvements both gameplay wise and graphically.

- They are making good use of the SPU's and streaming off of the Blu-ray disc

- Their goal is to get the Blu-Ray film & game to look as identical as possible... so there is no transition between game/cinematic

- They are taking development in a new direction different from everyone else.

- They will not be at GDC

http://www.ps3forums.com/blog.php?b=234

dont know if this has been asked/mentioned but is this an arena fighter? every pic seems to take place in the same area
Every reference to HS was as an arena fighter, but that wasn't the case. I think this is a matter of wanting to keep people in the dark about the story etc.

And that helmet is a bad choice IMO. Totally dehumanises the character.

Every reference to HS was as an arena fighter, but that wasn't the case. I think this is a matter of wanting to keep people in the dark about the story etc.

And that helmet is a bad choice IMO. Totally dehumanises the character.

Well he's had it since the original trailer, so I doubt he'll be wearing it throughout. They've done too much work on his face/hair.

Well I replayed HS 2 weeks ago. HS also has large battle scenes with thousands of enemies, Kai's level and over the top acting. So it is really more varied than an arena fighter.

Back