WarDevil is now a PS3 exclusive

wow, i didnt belive such a level of detail can be achieved from that image. and 1080p?! cant wait to c a clip of new build.

*Update: To gather more information about the image above, we contacted the Digi-Guys and this is what they had to say:

"The image is all game material/assets and is part of our final graphical push to get the game looking as close to high-end cinema quality as we can... whilst still running in 1080P (with Dof & Motionblur)." - Digi-Guys Representative

Helmets are so last gen.

And what's up with the skirt?

Kilts are so this generation! OMG.

Actually im disapointed it's a PS3 exclusive. I have a PS3, just that I like the controller WAY more on the Xbox. That is in spite of the horrible sounds it makes out of the DVD drive that drive me nuts. :devilish:

Kilts are so this generation! OMG.

Actually im disapointed it's a PS3 exclusive. I have a PS3, just that I like the controller WAY more on the Xbox. That is in spite of the horrible sounds it makes out of the DVD drive that drive me nuts. :devilish:

Even for an action game akin to DMC? This isn't a first person/third person shooter as far as i know.

Even for an action game akin to DMC? This isn't a first person/third person shooter as far as i know.

I have a lot of pent up anger regarding not being able to use the L1/2 R1/2 triggers on the PS2 effectively. Also the whole thing doesn't quite fit right in my hands. I perfer the Xbox controller by a long shot. :) To put things in perspective I owned the PS3 since early last year, I own COD3, Resistance and Ratchett. I've owned the xbox 3 weeks and I have Halo 3, Mass Effect, Perfect Dark Zero. I seriously wish I'd have just gotten the Xbox and forgotten all about the PS3. It's now a folding/blu ray player... Otherwise I'd have sold it.

What im saying is this game had better be an A grade, or im not going to bother with using the PS3. :)

So, they have found and announced their publisher, it seems. Ignition Entertainment it is, then.

I still don't get the excitement around this title. Unproven development studio, cliche concept, all we've seen is a CG concept movie, and even that wasn't that impressive - there are many other, more promising titles to watch out for...

Why wasnt it impressive? It looked great and it was supposed to depict the actual technology. In terms of visuals what they are promising is enough to pick our interests.

We are waiting to see whats in store.

As for being "cliche" how many so called AAA titles released and unreleased today are "cliche"???

Short answer: hahahahahahahaha! :LOL:

Polite Answer: Probably not considering the far-above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty AA, textures, lighting & geometry detail..
There 1080p demostration didn't look like that though.

I assume it's what Laa-yosh was refering to as it's the only time I recall seeing it in motion.

There 1080p demostration didn't look like that though.

I assume it's what Laa-yosh was refering to as it's the only time I recall seeing it in motion.

Let me find it, it really impressed me...now this one wasn't the engine demo, but an offscreen recording of "gameplay".

http://www.play3-live.com/screens/wardevil/ps3_wardevil_1154339137.jpg

http://www.play3-live.com/screens/wardevil/ps3_wardevil_1154339120.jpg

http://www.play3-live.com/screens/wardevil/ps3_wardevil_1154339111.jpg

I really like the character design, really refreshing. Reminds me of SOUL REAVER (!!!)

Here's the video...http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/3944.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Short answer: hahahahahahahaha! :LOL:

Polite Answer: Probably not considering the far-above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty AA, textures, lighting & geometry detail..

They have been making this engine/game since 2003-2004 AND concentrating on one platform - PS3. And they are from the UK and seem to be working closely with Sony. So why the hell not!?

BTW the guy has had that helmet since the very first trailer in 2004.

They have been making this engine/game since 2003-2004 AND concentrating on one platform - PS3. And they are from the UK and seem to be working closely with Sony. So why the hell not!?

BTW the guy has had that helmet since the very first trailer in 2004.

Call me corrected!

I was under the impression you were all referring to the initial CGI footage shown & didn't even know they'd released real-time footage at all..!

Thanks for the link deepbrown & my apologies DJ12.. :p

From what I can see the game's engine is looking pretty solid, & my interest in this game has peaked quite a bit..!

:smile:

Back