Predict: The Next Generation Console Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Aegies:

At this point, I think I might have misunderstood my source re: APU + GPU in Durango. It still sounds like a possibility for Orbis though.

My gut feeling too. Which would give Sony a big advantage no?

I mean considering what we know.

That's ... not what I'm hearing about Sony, from what little I am hearing. Nothing super concrete there though.

Let's think about other potential 8s:

-8 players/users at once on one console
-Kinect 2 supporting up to 8 players. 8 player party games at launch
-$8 / mo live infinite plan. Unlimited streaming, cloud storage, and 8 game rentals per year
-8 colors to choose from at launch

Not potential, but late 2013 is 8 years since the 360 launched.

It wasn't the other way around?

The earliest rumours for PS4 were simply steamroller and a GPU, and then there's that document for Xbox strategy with the APU/GPU config (Yukon) and then the patent stuff surfaced (related or not, it at least puts different ideas into different camps).

Would be funny for them both to turn the tables like that. :LOL: Curious, to say the least...

Rumours being rumours etc...

----

He said #1 AMD guy's info is true,8cores CPU,8GB RAM,HD8xxx,win8 core custom OS,640GB HDD
While another people ask "8900 or 8800 series?",he said "8880"<-i think it just typo,he mean 8800 series.

It seems like the people designing the system have an 8 fetish.

Why the move back from Steamroller to Jaguar? If I remember correctly I saw a AMD roadmap with them scheduled for Q4 2013 today from a presentation at CES by Lisa Su.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back