First Ever Medal of Honor: Airborne Pics!

I'm actually interested in this because it doesn't seem like just another 'EA MOH game', or a typical fps.

My biggest gripe with fps these days, for my tastes, is the whole game-spanning-corridor, "cinematic", rail shooter thing where you have this linear series of points on the corridor that trigger uninteractive scripted scenes or a set pattern of enemy spawns and basically the primary goal of the game is to run to the end of the corridor and not get killed by the things that trigger on the way.

Parachuting onto a 'virtual battlefield' or a big open 'set' that you can run around in as you please and explore and whatnot from a gameplay point of view sounds good to me. It takes the player off the rails and gives him back more control which is something I like.

Looking forward to trying out the demo for this one.

scooby_dooby said:
looks nice, might have to give the edge to GRAW though.

Honestly, I'm not too thrilled about this game at all, it's another EA MOA game...Brothers in Arms 3, now that is going to be killer.

Are you kidding me? Technically, this far surpasses GRAW...stylistically/art-wise is more of a subjective matter.

ROG27 said:
Are you kidding me? Technically, this far surpasses GRAW...stylistically/art-wise is more of a subjective matter.

No it doesn't. The character models in GRAW are far superior to these polygoned models. The texture detail on the suits is as good if not better, and the character model themselves are definately superior.

Or, compare the inside of the helicopter in GRAW, with the inside of that jumpship...have to saw GRAW has less notieceable polygons with the same level of texture details. Or look at the textures quality on his legs as he's skydiving, that's lower quality than GRAW for sure.

Only place this looks to be better is in the backgrounds, I like the mapping they seem to be doing to all the surfaces, walls & cobblestones etc. The facial model looks pretty good too.

But like I say.....just based on that bad character model, and texture details, I gotta give the edge to GRAW.

scooby_dooby said:
No it doesn't. The character models in GRAW are far superior to these polygoned models. The texture detail on the suits is as good if not better, and the character model themselves are definately superior.

Or, compare the inside of the helicopter in GRAW, with the inside of that jumpship...have to saw GRAW has less notieceable polygons with the same level of texture details. Or look at the textures quality on his legs as he's skydiving, that's lower quality than GRAW for sure.

Only place this looks to be better is in the backgrounds, I like the mapping they seem to be doing to all the surfaces, walls & cobblestones etc. The facial model looks pretty good too.

But like I say.....just based on that bad character model, and texture details, I gotta give the edge to GRAW.

Well then, we will agree to disagree. I believe the character models are much more intricate here. There seems to be a high-level of independently modeled garments that are reactive to physics that are attached to each soldier in MOH: AA...not things normal-mapped into the character model and static like in GRAW. You can notice the way they are modeled and move in the video snippet floating around the web (originally broadcast on Spike TV recently)

I'd never thought I'd say this but I agree with scooby. Nothing too great about these shots IMHO, regardless of their realtime/rendered status.

Neither are in-game. You mean to say that youre actually controlling the action in either of those pics? Not likely. I think we need a thread that defines CGI Movie, In-engine, cutscene, in-game, etc...

It looks pretty good, but I wonder how will this game will animate like. I hope the animation is as good as its graphics.

PeterT said:
I'd never thought I'd say this but I agree with scooby. Nothing too great about these shots IMHO, regardless of their realtime/rendered status.

I agree. I'm already playing tons of games that look better than those screens. I'm sure you are as well.

ROG27 said:
Well then, we will agree to disagree. I believe the character models are much more intricate here. There seems to be a high-level of independently modeled garments that are reactive to physics that are attached to each soldier in MOH: AA...not things normal-mapped into the character model and static like in GRAW. You can notice the way they are modeled and move in the video snippet floating around the web (originally broadcast on Spike TV recently)

The clothing in GRAW is NOT static. Most everything is modeled and actually moves around and shakes when you run, which looks pretty damn awesome. The normal mapped stuff are the straps on the back of the camel back and the wavy cool folds in the clothing. Anyway, you're way off base. And apart from facial "texture," GRAW definitely has better character models.

Ben-Nice said:
I agree. I'm already playing tons of games that look better than those screens. I'm sure you are as well.
Actually I'm not, right now I'm playing Suikoden 4, which looks a bit worse. In fact, I never once played a "war" FPS (unless you count MGS, which you shouldn't).

But that's besides the point, the point being that these shots aren't that great. They really need some more polys on the clothing and do something about the paste-photorealistic-texture-on-cheap-geometry look of some objects. I'm not saying that it's ugly, just that it isn't anything to go "ooh aah" over either.

Back