Medal of Honor Reboot

That is WEIRD. So, how does that work for all the art assets? I mean, they must be able to reuse assets across both engines, otherwise it would get pretty expensive.

That is really strange, they're probably using Frostbite for its far superior netcode to UE3.

But it'll almost look like you're playing a different game when you switch from single to multiplayer.

Well it will be interesting to compare to see just how much (if any) the "engine" affects the visual style.

That is strange but I guess not too weird since two different studios are developing each part (and seeing how Dice is rather found of their own engine).

It's interesting. I'm guessing DICE won't be replicating the "Battlefield experience" for this one. I'm thinking it will be more fast paced and infantry based, like Call of Duty, but it'll have the destructible environments like Battlefield. Otherwise wouldn't this title threaten to spread the Battlefield fans too thin over too many titles? I'd think Dice would want to keep Battlefield as a unique experience.

It's not that often we get the opportunity to compare the same content over different engines (with the exception of track conversions in racing games). It will be very interesting indeed.

Their characters look weak, especially because they'll be compared to MW2 and BF:BC2...

didn't GRAW1 use two seperate engines for solo and multi too ?
The difference was notable between the two modes.

I didn't notice any difference in that game aside the usual streamlining for smoother online play, and played SP, COOP and OGR modes quite often. :?: I know that the console and PC versions were developed somewhat independently and very probably on different engines altogether.

The trailer looks phenomenal to me ! I am guessing its all from the PC version ! Theme wise the trailer wasn't that exciting but visuals wise it looks great.

Looks like the hills of Afghanistan where Taliban is hiding out since forever. Nice to see a new environment rather than the regular middle east. ;) !

The trailer looks phenomenal to me ! I am guessing its all from the PC version ! Theme wise the trailer wasn't that exciting but visuals wise it looks great.

Looks like the hills of Afghanistan where Taliban is hiding out since forever. Nice to see a new environment rather than the regular middle east. ;) !

Yeah the trailer gave me a good impression that the story will be action driven like mw 2 which i like just hope there wont be many holes in the story.

On a other forum some posted this as a likely scenario of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k

Multiplayer video form DICE (EA conference)

and also this

EA Wants You! Recruiting Begins for Medal of Honor Multiplayer Beta on June 21
E3 Expo 2010
booth #1601

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that Medal of Honor™ is now recruiting players for a massive global multiplayer beta test that starts on June 21. Players will be granted early access to two action-packed maps on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC. EA also announced today that Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 VIPs who have pre-ordered Medal of Honor, will be able to enter the multiplayer beta even earlier; starting June 17. Developed by DICE, Medal of Honor multiplayer delivers world-class action and dedicated server support. Beta key distribution details are available at www.medalofhonor.com. The beta maps will be playable this week at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in EA’s booth located in the South Hall, booth #1601.

“In selecting a studio to create our multiplayer, there was no clearer choice than DICE. When it comes to online gameplay, they are world class”

“In selecting a studio to create our multiplayer, there was no clearer choice than DICE. When it comes to online gameplay, they are world class,” said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer on Medal of Honor. “We’re excited to be partnering with DICE to deliver a single-player/multiplayer experience that perfectly complement one another. Though the modes and maps are different, both sides of the game carry through the same authentic sentiment of today’s soldiers who are fighting today’s war.”

The Medal of Honor multiplayer beta features two heart-pounding modes set across two maps inspired by real world locations: Helmand Valley and Kabul City Ruins. In Team Assault mode, players must rely on their raw skill and map knowledge to stay alive in intense and close quarter combat. In Combat Mission, a tactical and team-based mode, gamers fight through a series of objectives revealed through an engaging narrative. Both modes pit two teams of 12 players (total 24 players) against one another with realistic destruction, tactical support actions, and a weapon customization system with modifications that generate hundreds of combinations.

Separately, the Medal of Honor single-player campaign is being developed by EALA who has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community to create the most authentic modern war experience possible.

Medal of Honor launches on October 12, 2010 in North America (Oct. 15 in EU). Follow the game on twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/medalofhonor or become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/medalofhonor.

I thought the multiplayer looked lame. It was almost indistinguishable from Call of Duty. I was expecting some of the destruction from Bad Company in an infantry game format. Doesn't seem like there is any deformable terrain.

I thought the multiplayer looked lame. It was almost indistinguishable from Call of Duty. I was expecting some of the destruction from Bad Company in an infantry game format. Doesn't seem like there is any deformable terrain.

I'm so disappointed in BC2 at the moment (lag and general gameplay) that I am looking forward to trying the beta and buying the game as BC2 as much as it feels more real, is lacking plain ole fun

more MP game play here

This sure was a disappointment at the Sony conference. It's the most shameless CoD clone yet. Like we ever had a shortage of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so disappointed in BC2 at the moment (lag and general gameplay) that I am looking forward to trying the beta and buying the game as BC2 as much as it feels more real, is lacking plain ole fun

more MP game play here

I got rid of BC2 because of the lag and I realized DICE as full of shit (again) about extending the life of the product.

Maybe they'll wise and make a proper BF3 for the PC one of these days and avoid the ignorance of the past. And I'll own a Unicorn....

Characters are still below the competition's standards, I don't understand how they can overlook this...

Back