Medal of Honor Reboot

The beta is only for PS3 and PC?

If anyone has a 360 code, I'll trade them for a PS3 code. PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so disappointed in BC2 at the moment (lag and general gameplay) that I am looking forward to trying the beta and buying the game as BC2 as much as it feels more real, is lacking plain ole fun

That's interesting. What lag problems are you experiencing? What platform? I stopped playing MW2 for that very reason and haven't noticed any significant lag issues in BF:BC2 which unlike you, I find a lot more fun. If MOH heads in this direction I will definitely get it.

This sure was disappointed at the Sony conference. It's the most shameless CoD clone yet. Like we ever had a shortage of those.

How come? The multiplayer video Tap In posted feels more BF-ish than COD-ish. CoD is a Quake clone (absurd physics, ridiculous weapons and super fast paced), whereas this MOH video felt more of Battlefield to me.

Played the beta & wow there is nothing that differentiates this game's visuals look to that of BC2, even the visual hints like C4 charges and player animations like grenade throwing,weapon changing,alt fire mode are exactly the same.

Infact this game somehow manages to look worse than BC2 eventhough the areas are much much smaller & the destruction is pared back almost completely. One area where it may be doing better is the MSAA, I think its using 2*MSAA. But that's about the only advantage I can think of this game.

All in all this game feels nothing more than a BC2 mod which is made to play out like a COD game with worse gunplay than both games. Utter disappointment !

Here's me hoping the SP using Unreal Engine 3 would atleast manage to look better than this.

What else can a modern realistic military shooter have? MW has very fast 60fps gameplay, BC has destruction and vehicles. If this is just toned back BC it essentially has nothing :(

The PS3 limited edition comes with Medal of Honor Frontline in HD. That's the most promising thing about the game for me, Frontline is fantastic fun. Hope they pull a Call of Duty Classic and eventually release it as stand alone though.

Played the beta & wow there is nothing that differentiates this game's visuals look to that of BC2, even the visual hints like C4 charges and player animations like grenade throwing,weapon changing,alt fire mode are exactly the same.

Infact this game somehow manages to look worse than BC2 eventhough the areas are much much smaller & the destruction is pared back almost completely. One area where it may be doing better is the MSAA, I think its using 2*MSAA. But that's about the only advantage I can think of this game.

All in all this game feels nothing more than a BC2 mod which is made to play out like a COD game with worse gunplay than both games. Utter disappointment !

Here's me hoping the SP using Unreal Engine 3 would atleast manage to look better than this.

That is sad to hear

How come? The multiplayer video Tap In posted feels more BF-ish than COD-ish. CoD is a Quake clone (absurd physics, ridiculous weapons and super fast paced), whereas this MOH video felt more of Battlefield to me.

Well at the Sony conference it walked, talked, and acted completely like CoD. And why would we want that? Why not get CoD instead? It's like Dante's Inferno to GoW 3, I'm wondering why it even exists.

Prolly the MSAA taking the toll. But seen some PC beta shots and cant say I am impressed at all. Dont know if max settings but it sure looks worse than BFBC2 to me.

http://www.abload.de/img/mohmpgame2010-06-1800-2hde.png
http://www.abload.de/img/mohmpgame2010-06-1801-tdiw.png

I got that impression seeing the trailer. SP also seems to pull some more effects.

Well at the Sony conference it walked, talked, and acted completely like CoD. And why would we want that? Why not get CoD instead? It's like Dante's Inferno to GoW 3, I'm wondering why it even exists.

Haven't had the time to watch the Sony conference videos yet, but that's really disappointing :cry:

Thankfully BF:BC2 Vietnam and KZ3 will allow me to get my FPS fix.

Prolly the MSAA taking the toll. But seen some PC beta shots and cant say I am impressed at all. Dont know if max settings but it sure looks worse than BFBC2 to me.
http://www.abload.de/img/mohmpgame2010-06-1800-2hde.png
http://www.abload.de/img/mohmpgame2010-06-1801-tdiw.png
I got that impression seeing the trailer. SP also seems to pull some more effects.
I actually tried the PC beta as well & found it a lot more fun than the console beta (donno why..lol)

Also that Kabul map is a very very bad looking map, when I wrote my impressions that was the only map I played. I played the other map later & it was better, played that map again on PC & it was kinda nice to look at & the map itself is big in area.

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/mohmpgame20100619163958.jpg/
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7269/mohmpgame20100619163444.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/i/mohmpgame20100619163451.jpg/
http://img155.imageshack.us/i/mohmpgame20100619163943.jpg/

Max settings....runs like butter.
But yea..still not as good as BFBC2.

So the gunplay isn't that good huh? How is the weapon damage? I've heard that it's even higher than CoD, is there any truth to that?

So apparently the SP is only ~4 hours long. :???: That's terribly short for a game that had a dedicated SP dev team. If I had known this earlier, I probably would've canceled my pre-order, but EA shipped my copy out before release and there hasn't been any reviews yet. Lucky I only paid ~$50 for it.

So apparently the SP is only ~4 hours long. :???: That's terribly short for a game that had a dedicated SP dev team. If I had known this earlier, I probably would've canceled my pre-order, but EA shipped my copy out before release and there hasn't been any reviews yet. Lucky I only paid ~$50 for it.

Standard time for most of those kind of games.
people could finish cod in 4 hour just like killzone 2 and many others.

Still has great memory when campaign were atleast 8 hours long even for shooters or i was just slower back then.:???:

But the multiplayer is awesome atleast the 4 days of pc beta were.

On a first play-through though? That seems short, especially considering they had a dedicated SP team. KZ2 took me 8-10 hours, MW1/2 took me ~6 and BC2 took me 6-7. I thought MW1/2 were short. I was hoping it would be at least 8.

Impossible to finish those games in 4 hours in first playthrough, even more so for KZ2.
For me every COD game since COD4 took close to 8 hours & KZ2 SP took a good 10 hours on first playthrough (I generally play on the hardest difficulty available).

Btw I had a chance to play MOH SP last month at the EA expo held at Mumbai, the controls were sloppy & it just wasn't very good.

First 10 minutes of the remastered MOH Frontline that comes with the PS3 version:

They've added iron sights, and some fairly noticable improvements to the graphics...but also loads of screen tearing.

Standard time for most of those kind of games.
Killzone 2 took me a good 9 hours on the first play through, MW2 was like 5-6hr for me and Reach took me 8hr ish. Apparently there was some debate over whether the justin tv dude "the one who made the claim" even finished whole campaign or not. EA rep confirmed an 8-10 hours length on the official forum but it's up you to decide for now.

I have almost seen the whole feed watched for like 4~5 hours and he almost finished it didn't watch the last 20 min never do on justintv.

I didn't notice any difference in that game aside the usual streamlining for smoother online play, and played SP, COOP and OGR modes quite often. :?: I know that the console and PC versions were developed somewhat independently and very probably on different engines altogether.

GRAW had different sp and multi engines. Two completely different dev houses even

Impossible to finish those games in 4 hours in first playthrough, even more so for KZ2.
For me every COD game since COD4 took close to 8 hours & KZ2 SP took a good 10 hours on first playthrough (I generally play on the hardest difficulty available).

Btw I had a chance to play MOH SP last month at the EA expo held at Mumbai, the controls were sloppy & it just wasn't very good.

You can easily beat CoD MW1 & MW2 in four hours on first play through. I did it in 5hours on veteran on first play through.

KZ2 i dunno how fast one can finish, but its not particularly long either (however CoD is definately shorter)

GRAW had different sp and multi engines. Two completely different dev houses even

Really? Then how come I could play the entire SP campaign in coop with my friends online? Why would they port all that content to a new engine that changed the game not one bit aside allowing me to play over the network? The other MP modes had no discernable difference to SP aside gameplay. What was the point?

Back