How can you tell if a girl is intelligent?

_xxx_ said:
Just don't turn into a wussy, don't push her and don't bother her. The most important thing many men screw up (including meself quite a few times in the past): don't 'give' anything without 'getting' something in exchange, be it drinks at the pub, emotions, presents, whatever. Then and only then you might have a chance. Maybe.

It's not logical, but that's sadly how we mostly screw up.

um, which way do you mean that?
that one _should_ give something or that one should NOT give anything to not look "too interested/too much trying" ?

well, I already gave her this: https://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php
(as she said that televisions that are turned on are too disturbing ;)

.. and I've been trying to not "bother too much" but still get into conversations with her..
and I also helped her with one of her computer problems :)

(too bad I could solve it via IRC, did not get to visit her home ;(

hkultala said:
that one _should_ give something or that one should NOT give anything to not look "too interested/too much trying" ?

.. and I've been trying to not "bother too much" but still get into conversations with her..

Think of words for your dreams man, not dreams for your words.

hkultala said:

You got PM...

nintenho said:
For the record, all of the advice I posted is probably worthless since I've been spending the last six months flirting with the same girl but every time I try to be friendly, she springs out the whole precociousness routine to make it look like she's infatuated, and of course this just makes me nervous and I walk away and the cycle repeats.....I'm thinking about just going up to her and telling her to be my girlfriend and for us to spend the next couple weeks "dating" to make it look normal.

I'm so emo.:oops:

The solution for that is that women start asking me out- only that they are too arrogant and egocentric to even consider it. Men have to be wondering: does this men she likes me, does that mean x or y? Do you even imagine a woman going through all that for a guy?

Unsurprisingly, nobody asks for "equality" here.

And as if all that wherent enough we have special quotas and preferences for women everywhere on the society. Men are way too foolish when dealing with women and all they gain is beign accused of abuser and beaters beause male x and y once hit his wife.

Ive had enough of liberalism and female crazyness, but hell todays we have computers and videocards with plenty of pipes :p - who needs a friggin girlfriend :LOL: :LOL:

nintenho said:
For the record, all of the advice I posted is probably worthless since I've been spending the last six months flirting with the same girl but every time I try to be friendly, she springs out the whole precociousness routine to make it look like she's infatuated, and of course this just makes me nervous and I walk away and the cycle repeats.....I'm thinking about just going up to her and telling her to be my girlfriend and for us to spend the next couple weeks "dating" to make it look normal.

I'm so emo.:oops:

The solution for that is that women start asking men out- only that they are too arrogant and egocentric to even consider it. Men have to be wondering: does this men she likes me, does that mean x or y? Do you even imagine a woman going through all that for a guy?

And as if all that wherent enough we have special quotas and preferences for women everywhere on the society. Men are way too foolish when dealing with women and all they gain is beign accused of abuser and beaters beause male x and y once hit his wife.

Ive had enough of liberalism and female crazyness, but hell todays we have computers and videocards with plenty of pipes :p - who needs a friggin girlfriend :LOL: :LOL:

best way- engage her in some form of conversation. it doesn't really matter how you open; what matters is what you end up talking about. if you end up having an intelligent conversation about something you enjoy talking about then try doing the same thing again. if it works well, ask her if she wants to grab lunch sometime. be a little flirtatious but still keep to mostly feeling them out intellectually. (that is how far I've gotten thus far, the following steps are unproven...) try to get to know her by doing things with her that you enjoy however, avoiding at all costs anything that is too friend-like (such as doing stuff with her friends unless you're partnered with her specifically), and letting her know that you like her (such as teasing her about her little quirks and then admitting that you think they're 'cute') WITHOUT getting sexual.

the theory here is to develop something based on the same principals that you make friendships with but without falling into the always-fatal trap of being a friend while slipping under her anti-horndog guards. of course, this is with the ultimate goal of finding someone with whom to have a lifetime relationship, not the goal of getting laid. Additionally, you cannot force something that isn't a perfect fit. You shouldn't have to worry about "giving without receiving" because if you have to try to manipulate the situation carefully then eventually you'll have problems.

thekey said:
The solution for that is that women start asking men out- only that they are too arrogant and egocentric to even consider it. Men have to be wondering: does this men she likes me, does that mean x or y? Do you even imagine a woman going through all that for a guy?

I don't think she's egotistic, she just has low self-confidence. She's always really shy around me. It's really surreal how obvious it is to everyone. All her and my friends make sure we sit together and I always try to be super nice to her. It's just hard situation to explain because essentially, I need to figure out how to prod some ambition into her....yeah, huh?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
edit: forget i wrote that ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
now regarding the topic, does intelligence matter to you?

When peoople start talking about the ability to go through university and solve math problems as what indicates intelligence.......

and if someone has something he/she likes and can talk about, what does this have to do with inteligence?

or do you think that all "not intelligent" people simply have no hobbys?.....

well, s just what happened to come up until now.

thekey said:
The solution for that is that women start asking men out- only that they are too arrogant and egocentric to even consider it.
/me thinks back ... yep, every girl I've ever dated / shagged has done the asking of me, I've never made a move yet. So your point is...???

Whoop, there goes the ranting again... steady now, this is the fluffy forum!

You *have* been dumped or turned down recently, haven't you? All this mysogeny and bile in a guy doesn't develop for no reason!

nutball said:
/me thinks back ... yep, every girl I've ever dated / shagged has done the asking of me, I've never made a move yet. So your point is...???

lucky you, thats MY point.

Sage said:
You shouldn't have to worry about "giving without receiving" because if you have to try to manipulate the situation carefully then eventually you'll have problems.

That's not about manipulation, just if you do stuff for her before you even really know her without any "real" reason, she'll dump you instantly. Every single woman on this planet will react this way, because this tells them you just want to get laid and don't really care about her inner values.

booomups said:
now regarding the topic, does intelligence matter to you?

When peoople start talking about the ability to go through university and solve math problems as what indicates intelligence.......

There is also something called "social intelleigence" or "social competence".

booomups said:
my point! Doesnt have much to do with "intelligence".
You could go on and on about the difference between irrationality and incompetence, but at least you have to have the common sense not to brag about something you measure with yourself. The only mental requirement that I have of a woman is that she doesn't enjoy being enjoyed. I know that makes me come off as some sort of psycho, but I would honestly prefer tranquility over sanity in a woman.

P.S: They also have to hate the movie Crash.

nintenho said:
The only mental requirement that I have of a woman is that she doesn't enjoy being enjoyed.

See, I'm after the exact opposite. She MUST enjoy being enjoyed by me at least once a day if possible! ;)

_xxx_ said:
See, I'm after the exact opposite. She MUST enjoy being enjoyed by me at least once a day if possible! ;)
Damn it, I knew I forgot to mention something obvious in that post! She has to have the ambition to block any enjoyment of giving enjoyment to others, hope that doesn't sound too vague. I'm only 17 though, so I have PLENTY of time to become jaded.

yeah, huh?

nintenho said:
She has to have the ambition to block any enjoyment of giving enjoyment to others

Ohh, a youngster! :) That's up to you to make her feel that way (and keep it so), y'know.

Back