How can you tell if a girl is intelligent?

nintenho said:
For the record, all of the advice I posted is probably worthless since I've been spending the last six months flirting with the same girl but every time I try to be friendly, she springs out the whole precociousness routine to make it look like she's infatuated, and of course this just makes me nervous and I walk away and the cycle repeats.....I'm thinking about just going up to her and telling her to be my girlfriend and for us to spend the next couple weeks "dating" to make it look normal.

I'm so emo.:oops:
did you try the nasty way?

talk dirty and suggestive? dont be emo, be a PRO !

btw, a dumb girl is better.. you dont want her to marry you , and divorce you and claim every penny you got

_xxx_ said:
No, that's wrong. Some of the most intelligent girls I know like to play dumb to bitch-test the "candidates", so that won't take you anywhere unless you're even smarter and call them out on it (which is the ultimate 'pass', too).
If YOU are intelligent, you'll find out soon enough that they are intelligent playing dumb(because they drop here and there hints), IF you are dumb you'll never understand that. Thus, my previous sentece is still correct...and I'm pleased to know quite a few smart women, indeed some SO smart that they could put to shame most of the men in this forum.

Famous quotes by my wife

Me :- " What's the video called ? "
Wife ( looking at the side of the cassette ) :- "Running time"

Wife :- ( Looking at the pizza menu ) " This pizza sounds good it has onion, anchovy, sausage, peppers,..." ( continues to read very long list from the extra toppings list )

Me:- " Well the solar eclipse is over France at 11 o'clock "
Wife:- " In the morning? "

Wife:- ( Looking at a map of Paris ) " Is the Gare du Nord in the south ? "

There's been countless others over the years I have forgotten. Oh, and by the way, my wife's a teacher.

hey69 said:
btw, a dumb girl is better.. you dont want her to marry you , and divorce you and claim every penny you got

Generally speaking it's very hard for them to get more than half.

Crisidelm said:
If YOU are intelligent, you'll find out soon enough that they are intelligent playing dumb(because they drop here and there hints), IF you are dumb you'll never understand that.

Where did I say anything else?

_xxx_ said:
Some of the most intelligent girls I know like to play dumb to bitch-test the "candidates", so that won't take you anywhere unless you're even smarter and call them out on it (which is the ultimate 'pass', too).

dizietsma said:
Famous quotes by my wife

Me :- " What's the video called ? "
Wife ( looking at the side of the cassette ) :- "Running time"

Wife :- ( Looking at the pizza menu ) " This pizza sounds good it has onion, anchovy, sausage, peppers,..." ( continues to read very long list from the extra toppings list )

Me:- " Well the solar eclipse is over France at 11 o'clock "
Wife:- " In the morning? "

Wife:- ( Looking at a map of Paris ) " Is the Gare du Nord in the south ? "

There's been countless others over the years I have forgotten. Oh, and by the way, my wife's a teacher.
:LOL:
What does she teach?

_xxx_ said:
No, that's wrong. Some of the most intelligent girls I know like to play dumb to bitch-test the "candidates", so that won't take you anywhere unless you're even smarter and call them out on it (which is the ultimate 'pass', too).

hmm.. just met one girl few weeks ago.

originally just noticed that she looks cute and seems to be quite nice.
and
a) her values in life are same as mine

.. but then found out that ...

b) she studies at medical school ( which is the most difficult school to get in here in finland )
c) she was also interested to try to solve one math problem one third person told us

.. so she started to look very interesting..

but then I found her blog.
d) she has great imagination and the "attitude" to write it all down, even the text might make her look not as intelligent as she is..
and also the attitude to "play dumper than she really is" and see how people react,
and courage to really "be herself".

.. and I was completely "sold" .

"I WANT TO KNOW HER BETTER AND IF NO BIG SKELETONS ARE FOUND IN HER CLOSET ALSO MARRY HER SOME DAY"

well, I have not yet told that to her as she does propably not think the same of me yet.. but I've had some nice conversations with her and learnt to know her more :)

A woman can be intelligent and just not care about the topics you bring up. She considers you a dummy for caring so much about meaningless topics! ;)

Oprah is brilliant. Within nothing but her name, she is now in every womans house you want to know.

Some women are intelligent yet very um... streety. They had to survive by their wits to get where they are now so i dont think speech patterns identify anything.

Guess the only way to know (with anyone) is ask them about what interests them and then ask a question about that topic. If they can run through chapter and verse on some issue whatever the issue is and correct you when you pitifully try to chime in as if you know a damn thing about the topic then yes they are intelligent.

Good luck men of the world!

hkultala said:
.. and I was completely "sold" .

"I WANT TO KNOW HER BETTER AND IF NO BIG SKELETONS ARE FOUND IN HER CLOSET ALSO MARRY HER SOME DAY"

well, I have not yet told that to her as she does propably not think the same of me yet.. but I've had some nice conversations with her and learnt to know her more :)

Just don't turn into a wussy, don't push her and don't bother her. The most important thing many men screw up (including meself quite a few times in the past): don't 'give' anything without 'getting' something in exchange, be it drinks at the pub, emotions, presents, whatever. Then and only then you might have a chance. Maybe.

It's not logical, but that's sadly how we mostly screw up.

blakjedi said:
Guess the only way to know (with anyone) is ask them about what interests them and then ask a question about that topic. If they can run through chapter and verse on some issue whatever the issue is and correct you when you pitifully try to chime in as if you know a damn thing about the topic then yes they are intelligent.
Ummmm..... well then I guess we have differing views of what intelligence is.

Me: So what interests you then?
Her: Oh... I really love soap operas!
Me: Uh...huh?!
Her: Yeah, especially EastEnders 'cos did you know that X and Y are getting married but they can't get married because he's already married to her sister but she already knows that but can't raise the subject be she's been having an affair with Z and ...
Me: So what about P and Q then?
Her: They're in Emmerdale, stooopid!!!

Really though I think the issue is that there are very many different types of intelligence. Moreover women think very differently from men, even the intelligent ones. I know a fair few very highly qualified and obviously intelligent women (PhDs in physics/astrophysics, etc.) but every single last one of them is capable of saying stuff that just comes completely out of left field for me with my male way of thinking. Stuff that makes you think "Huh?! WTF?! :oops:"

Trouble is even dumb chicks (these days) have come to the erroneous conclusion that they are more intelligent than any man. thanks to dimwits in the mass media/entertainment industries.

you want to find one that already knows what 'knowing' is. stay away from sheeple (has no opinion or knowledge other than that generally troughed out by the mass media outlets)

THAT would be intelligent. doesn't make it any safer. you'd also need rational, which is even tougher to come by.

start with a man, take away reason and accountability and you have a woman
--Jack Nicholson "As Good As It Gets"

blakjedi said:
A woman can be intelligent and just not care about the topics you bring up. She considers you a dummy for caring so much about meaningless topics! ;)

Oprah is brilliant. Within nothing but her name, she is now in every womans house you want to know.

Good luck men of the world!
In my own damn opinion, Oprah is just glazed and waaaaaay too full of herself. Is there anybody else that thinks this?

And as for the poster who asked what intelligence is, let me tell you a quote from Gene Hackman in Hiest: " Gold doesn't drive the world around, love of gold does.", which basically means that if she wants something more than an ego, hound her!

A woman who is smart and overtly weird in some way is the safest bet because all women are nuts and the ones who can hide it are the nuttiest.

Mize said:
A woman who is smart and overtly weird in some way is the safest bet because all women are nuts and the ones who can hide it are the nuttiest.
That was perfect really since if your the crazy one in a relationship, then your not allowed to show off your better half.:p

Back