Famitsu gives DOA 4: 10/9/9/9

This just in!

Stinkles
(Yesterday, 11:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press has final code, retail copies in store this week AFAIK.

Press - post impressions plz you jerks.

Sl1p
Ass and Poo Tech Evangelist
(Yesterday, 11:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Stinkles:
Press - post impressions plz you jerks.

It's REALLY awesome. Didn't get to see Spartan yet. Final boss is nutso and has really cool sound effects. That sounds silly to say abuot a fighting game, but they're really cool. Tina can still air and ground throw :love:

Expectations, blown. Frothing demand, increased. Me want it now ;_____;

Stinkles works for Bungie for those that don't know.

Impossible* said:
That didn't tell us anything.......

Well from Stinkles comments the game shouldn't be delayed again and we should get it this week. ;)

*As a bonus, Tina can still Air and Ground throw ( unlike how she is in DOA:U )

I wonder what the impact of the title will be... Though I really doubt it will 'all of a sudden' start selling like mad. Xbox had numerous AAA titles in Japan, but nothing helped.

Evil_Cloud said:
I wonder what the impact of the title will be... Though I really doubt it will 'all of a sudden' start selling like mad. Xbox had numerous AAA titles in Japan, but nothing helped.

DOA 3 helped though. And DOA : HC helped aswell. These are great selling titles in Japan. Selling a couple of hundred thousands is not that far fetched IMO.

Is this even releasing this year, for sure? It will have no impact really if it does.

KHII has sold 727K copies in three days.

Animal Crossing DS sold 400K+ this week... up from 130 or so last week.

Mario Kart DS also put up 3xxK.

expletive said:
Would it kill team ninja to have the characters kick up some sand when theyre fighting on the beach? Jeez...

Do you know how much work goes into their backgrounds compared to other games in the genre? Cut em some slack :p

Hardknock said:
Do you know how much work goes into their backgrounds compared to other games in the genre?
Not really. I mean seriously, How many next gen console fighting games have we seen yet?
Virtua Fighter is one, and even so with that we havent seen all too much of it.

Bad_Boy said:
Not really. I mean seriously, How many next gen console fighting games have we seen yet?
Virtua Fighter is one, and even so with that we havent seen all too much of it.

Ummm, other fighters haven't even matched DOA2 yet. Let alone DOA3 or DOA4 ;)

Bad_Boy said:
Your kidding right?

I'm not talking about just graphics, each level in DOA2 is huge, totally interactive, and absolutely unique. The church with the stain-glass window and the warehouse with the two wooden pillars and electric generator are still awesome. :cool:

The same could be said about mortal kombat deception or deadly alliance from a technical standpoint. Many interactive, multi tier'ed, huge levels. Hell, powerstone is probably more interactive than all of them. Graphics wise, tekken 5 is on point also.

So I stand by my orginal statement. To compare DOA4 to other next gen fighting games is pretty pointless right now, as we really havent seen them yet.

The same could be said about mortal kombat deception or deadly alliance from a technical standpoint. Many interactive, multi tier'ed, huge levels. Hell, powerstone is probably more interactive than all of them.

Uhhh, hmmmm... if you honestly think Mortal Kombat or powerstone are on the same level as DOA I don't know what to say...

Graphics wise, tekken 5 is on point also.

Yes you are correct, I love Tekken. Although it looks great it still doesn't compete with DOA3 or DOA:U IMO.

So I stand by my orginal statement. To compare DOA4 to other next gen fighting games is pretty pointless right now, as we really havent seen them yet.

Who was comparing DOA4 to other next gen fighters anyway? I was comparing DOA(the franchise) to other games(in the genre). And DOA(the franchise) has the best environments handsdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back