Anyone excited about Blazing Angels(UbiSoft) for Xbox?

Qroach said:
Out of the 5000 or however many games were released on PS2, show me 20 flight games! perhaps some were released early on in the PS2 life, but since it has been almost impossible to get sony to approve a flight game, and beleive many companies have tried. If you have ever tried to get a flight game approved by sony, you might have an idea about this. Otherwise it's just your opinion, and an option based on nothing more than "you don't beleive it". well you know what, I don't care if you beleive it, but don't go around trying to claim I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thousands of games have been released for the system and you sight a "few" games? As I said before, if these games don't get approved for PS2 then chances of you seeing them on xbox is zilch unless it's internally developed by a publisher and/or xbox only.

That's so flawed, I'm going to have to go with L-B on this one. It has nothing to do with Sony not wanting Ace Combat to have any competition; by the same logic, True Crime, The Getaway, Simpsons: Hit and Run, and DRIV3R should have been shot down because its competition to one of the highest selling franchises, Grand Theft Auto.

Flight simulators are just plain unpopular across the board. Its life has started and will end on the PC. To tell you the truth, I like flight simulators but I'm still surprised companies like Namco make them (but they don't produce them frequently). RPGs, especially online RPGS, seem to be the money maker.

Qroach said:
Out of the 5000 or however many games were released on PS2, show me 20 flight games!

Secret Weapons over Normandy
Heroes of the Pacific
Airforce Delta Strike
Iron Eagle
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
Lethal Skies
Lethal Skies 2
Sky Odyssey
Top Gun: Combat Zones
Pacific Warriors II: Dogfight
Aero Elite: Combat Academy

OMG Huge conspiracy!

Now show me 20 boxing games out of 5000...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so flawed, I'm going to have to go with L-B on this one. It has nothing to do with Sony not wanting Ace Combat to have any competition; by the same logic, True Crime, The Getaway, Simpsons: Hit and Run, and DRIV3R should have been shot down because its competition to one of the highest selling franchises, Grand Theft Auto.

It's NOT flawed if you have dealt with sony regarding getting concept aproval for flight games. London boy hasn't, and he's basing his comments off a guess. I'm not basing my comments off anything but what I have witnessed trying to get concept approval on mor ethan one developers games, and been told the reason why.

Flight simulators are just plain unpopular across the board.

This statement is plain wrong. First I didn't mention flight simulators. Second, the fact Ace combat sells so well proves this statement wrong.

Seismiologist,

..and when did those games release? As I stated before, perhaps some games were released early on in the PS2 lifecycle but the chances of getting a flight game approved diminished over the course of the PS2 life cycle. Sure I'd give you 20 boxing games, but realistically that is a VERY small portion of the market. Ace combat out sells that by a large portion.

If any of you have gone thought the game approval process for PS2 you'd understand how sony weighs your games against others in the same genre. Especially at the concept phase, and they do play favourites with publishers or developers. I happen to know of a few PS2 approved developers that were blacklisted in North america. There was just nothing they could do to release a game here, not matter what it was.

You guys might like to think things are all rosey in game development, but there's a whole lot of things going on behind the scenes you clearly haven't witnessed.

I'm sure that Sony is very interested in having good games on their console but it doesn't surprise me that they're selective in the approval process. There's already too many PS2 games on the shelves as it is. Too many $50 games that end up in the bargin bin after a month. I'm sure this all plays into the approval process. It's not just because "evil Sony" doesn't want anything to compete with the Ace Combat franchise.

I'm sure they'd be happy to approve other big budget flight sim games on the same level as the Ace Combat series.

It's not just because "evil Sony" doesn't want anything to compete with the Ace Combat franchise.

Like i said before, unless you went though concept approval before then you wouldn't know. regarless how many similar games does play into it of course, but as you know there aren't many of those in this category. Howeve rsometimes it's as much as sony doesn't want soehting to compete with a certain title. For instance if you tried to play off a futureristic hover racer game at the same time they were workingon Wipe out 3, then your chances of approval were zilch (that actually did happen to a company i know by the way).

I didn't play it like "evil" Sony. I just said blame sony. That's it. You guys got all offended and started the "big bad sony" junk, not me.

I'm sure they'd be happy to approve other big budget flight sim games on the same level as the Ace Combat series.

big budgets aren't what makes them approve games. lot's of games have could or do have bigger budget than Ace combat however that doesn't mean sony will approve them.

Don't try and pass that comment off like there isn't a market for flight games on PC or PS2, and magically there is on xbox. That simply would not be logical, and again regarding PS2, the Ace combat sales more than disprove that theory. PC has nothing to do with it, it's a game designed for consoles. Now, what are your reasons why it isn't annouced for PS2, the console system that has the biggest opportunity for a company like ubisoft to make money (due to the user base size)?

Xbox can do some amazing things late in life.

Hell, it's what's making X360 look unimpressive, in a way.

Bill said:
Xbox can do some amazing things late in life.

Hell, it's what's making X360 look unimpressive, in a way.

OMG... :oops: :oops: :oops:

i never thought i would ever agree with bill...

but i totally agree with what he said...

If the Xbox and 360 version release at roughly the same time I'll be going with the 360 version even though its a port job. Ubi lists both for Q4(1Q2006) release. If those dates verify then March is starting to look more like November for game releases.

mckmas8808 said:
What do you think? I'm kinda disappointed.:cry:
Same. Looks ok, but doesnt really look next gen to me.
the sky and water for one thing doesnt look as good as some other titles's sky and water.
doesnt seem theres much going on, the silhouette of buildings and nfs:mw lighting doesnt really impress me. not to mention the buildings look extremely low poly. its a port so i guess i expect this much.

If it looks anything like the trailer I think it will sit alot better in my mind, cause the screen shots dont do it for me.

mckmas8808 said:
What do you think? I'm kinda disappointed.:cry:
It definitely looks Xbox (1) now. I was thinking maybe this was Xbox 360. Then I am not disappointed at all. It's pretty good looking. So, which is it? This can't be Xbox 360, can it?

Graphics aside, I just thought the game, the idea, looked like fun. I miss X-Wing and stuff like that. I could use a good tally-ho over Britain. If it's anything like Crimson Skies with realistic planes (but now too realistic), I am still interested.

wireframe said:
It definitely looks Xbox (1) now. I was thinking maybe this was Xbox 360. Then I am not disappointed at all. It's pretty good looking. So, which is it? This can't be Xbox 360, can it?

Graphics aside, I just thought the game, the idea, looked like fun. I miss X-Wing and stuff like that. I could use a good tally-ho over Britain. If it's anything like Crimson Skies with realistic planes (but now too realistic), I am still interested.

The pics I posted is from the Xbox 360 version. To me why don't they just treat the 360 version like their SC series. Get another team to do it and make it look next gen.

mckmas8808 said:
The pics I posted is from the Xbox 360 version. To me why don't they just treat the 360 version like their SC series. Get another team to do it and make it look next gen.

Maybe they only do that for special games... ah well. Personally, I think the city looks "next-gen".

Back