Anyone excited about Blazing Angels(UbiSoft) for Xbox?

c0_re

Banned
1132262234.jpg

I like what UbiSoft has been able to achieve with the Xbox, hopefully this has the gameplay to match it's graphics.

There's a quick writeup over at www.teamxbox.com here http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1403/The-Top-Xbox-and-Xbox-360-Games-of-Q1-2006/p1/

So whats with the lack of Flying games on consoles these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Blame Sony. Sony hardly approves any flight games for PS2 since they will compete with ace combat. Since sony won'y approve many flight games, and most publishers won't pick up a flight game without a PS2 version, this means you hardly see any flying games on any of the consoles.

I also blame sony for the sequel-itis publishers are pushing, but that's for another thread.

c0_re said:
So whats with the lack of Flying games on consoles these days?

And cooperative beat em ups (streets of rage), coop shoot emups (ikari warriors), shoot em ups (thrundeforce), side scrolling platformers...

Theres plenty about classic gaming thats missing these days and i dont appreciate it. :devilish:

Qroach said:
Blame Sony. Sony hardly approves any flight games for PS2 since they will compete with ace combat. Since sony won'y approve many flight games, and most publishers won't pick up a flight game without a PS2 version, this means you hardly see any flying games on any of the consoles.

I also blame sony for the sequel-itis publishers are pushing, but that's for another thread.

you realize that Ace Combat is published by Namco?

I don’t really see why Sony wouldn’t want other flight games to compete with ace combat seeing as it’s a Namco game, or am i missing something?

I'd rather play a flight sim/game on a console rather than pc, they tend to be more entertaining and easier to get into. You could say there are very few on consoles, but then again there becoming rarer on the pc too.

This game looks incredibly good. Are these cutscene images or actual game play? I hope this goes immediately on the BC list so I don't have to buy an Xbox to play it.

PS. I really prefer prop era flight combat games because I like to actually fly and shoot and not look at a radar. I loved Crimson Skies (PC). Is there anything like that for the PS2 while I wait for this?

wireframe said:
PS. I really prefer prop era flight combat games because I like to actually fly and shoot and not look at a radar. I loved Crimson Skies (PC). Is there anything like that for the PS2 while I wait for this?

Secret Weapons over Normandy

seismologist said:
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Thanks. Looking into it.

BTW, also found "Heroes of the Pacific" while looking into SWON review. Perhaps a bit less arcady, but it got a slightly better score at Gamespot (whatever that means. heh)

Qroach said:

Your insanity gets worse as time goes by.

There are a few flight games for PS2 other than Ace Combat. The problem is that (1) they're crap and (2) no one buys flight sim games for consoles anyway, apart from Ace Combat. Obviously there isn't a surplus of flight sims for consoles, why should there be, they don't sell!! Also they are games one would put into the "PC games" category.

Console gamers obviously want other types of titles.

There are a few flight sim for PS2 and a few for Xbox. They are not many because they don't sell, not because Sony is "boicotting the genre".

Blame Sony... Some people... :rolleyes:

WORLD HUNGER?! Blame Sony, with the money they spent to develop Cell, they could have fed millions of African children and provided them with life-saving medication!!!11

Qroach said:

And how do you explain the lack of flight games on the PC then? There hasn't been a decent one for ages, the only ones being Microsoft's Flight Simulator and the Falcon series.

Phil said:
And how do you explain the lack of flight games on the PC then? There hasn't been a decent one for ages, the only ones being Microsoft's Flight Simulator and the Falcon series.

Or you haven't been paying enough attention.

Atleast these PC flight games were reviewed in a finnish gaming magazine this year with not-that-bad ratings:
-Battle of Britain 2
-Concorde Professional
-F/A-18 Operation Desert Storm
-X-Plane 8

And then there is IL-21 with its expansion packs and Falcon 4 has been "redone" with new patches.

If there is IL-21 and Falcon 4, who can complain?

Miksu, maybe I should have worded it better;

if you compare the flight-sims available today with what was available 5 years ago, I think you'll find that there is a definite lack of games in that genre. Also note that my definition of decent flightsim might not necessarely be the same as yours.

In anycase, I think it was quite obvious that my post was directed at Qroach and his claim that Sony is responsible for the lack of flight-sims on the PS2 and other platforms because of some anti-competition consipirocy theory that I'm not sure I'm willing to buy without further proof or supporting arguments.

wireframe said:
This game looks incredibly good. Are these cutscene images or actual game play? I hope this goes immediately on the BC list so I don't have to buy an Xbox to play it.

Nope to my knowledge these are all ingame(there's more over at TXB), I"m looking forward to seeing more and hoping this turns out good. Most of the time I would assume it's crap but it's Ubi so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt.

Your insanity gets worse as time goes by.

London boy seriously, you need to shut the f up on something you have no idea about. Have you ever spoken to anyone that approves games for Sony? Have you ever submitted games for PS2 approval. I will go out on a limb and say "No".

There are a few flight games for PS2 other than Ace Combat. The problem is that (1) they're crap and (2) no one buys flight sim games for consoles anyway, apart from Ace Combat. Obviously there isn't a surplus of flight sims for consoles, why should there be, they don't sell!! Also they are games one would put into the "PC games" category.

Out of the 5000 or however many games were released on PS2, show me 20 flight games! perhaps some were released early on in the PS2 life, but since it has been almost impossible to get sony to approve a flight game, and beleive many companies have tried. If you have ever tried to get a flight game approved by sony, you might have an idea about this. Otherwise it's just your opinion, and an option based on nothing more than "you don't beleive it". well you know what, I don't care if you beleive it, but don't go around trying to claim I don't know what I'm talking about.

Console gamers obviously want other types of titles.

So says you, but I don't really think you know what console gamers want.

There are a few flight sim for PS2 and a few for Xbox. They are not many because they don't sell, not because Sony is "boicotting the genre".

Thousands of games have been released for the system and you sight a "few" games? As I said before, if these games don't get approved for PS2 then chances of you seeing them on xbox is zilch unless it's internally developed by a publisher and/or xbox only.

Blame Sony... Some people...
WORLD HUNGER?! Blame Sony, with the money they spent to develop Cell, they could have fed millions of African children and provided them with life-saving medication!!!11

If you want to act like a fool then go right ahead. It doesn't help validate your "opinion".

Mmmkay said:
Ubisoft's latest financial report indicates that Blazing Angels will be getting the Xbox 360 treatment as well as the Xbox.

Is it possible we are looking at Xbox 360 shots here? Seriously, don't these look a bit too good to be in-game Xbox (1) shots? I'm not just talking about the planes and the lighting. Look at the scenery, everything, it's so very-very-good-looking.

wireframe said:
Is it possible we are looking at Xbox 360 shots here? Seriously, don't these look a bit too good to be in-game Xbox (1) shots? I'm not just talking about the planes and the lighting. Look at the scenery, everything, it's so very-very-good-looking.

Hm, that's quite possible you know. I'd say the lighting is the give away myself. Ubisoft has a press website called www.ubipress.com which you can log into as a guest. Their product information for Blazing Angels lists 22 screenshots, none of which match those shown on that teamxbox article.

The game was originally planned for a Q3 05 release, seems like that got knocked back for the 360 development.

hm.... yeah, I was about to comment how the city in the first post looks on par with that GRAW screenshot of the city.

Back