Interview with Sony top Executives

Status
Not open for further replies.
liverkick said:
As long as good souls like you keep fighting the good fight as our beacon of light through this sordid fog of deception, Im sure we'll be able to find our way through to that clear blue sky. Just remember what Lincoln said..."one CG demonstration at a time".
you do know that Mr Lincoln is a lawyer right!

I'll give sony the benefit of the doubt here due to the PS2 showing.

The first demos on ps2 were far surpassed (fact) so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt so far.

i'll be calling them out if they miss. give them 2 generations of games to get there. so 3rd gen ps3 games need to look :-0

jvd said:
I'm stil lwaiting on the old man demo quality faces in a ps2 game and i'm stil lwaiting for ridge racer girl in a game.

As for killzone if they had any games even close to that they would have shown games. Not cgi .

When killzone comes out and the graphics are no where near the video will u shut up for good about it ? Or will i have to hear u with the typical line "oh wait they haven't taped all the power yet "
honestly, i looked at the ridge racer girl vid again and it's not that great by today's standard...i would think tekken 5 or soul caliber 3 models looks better than the ridge racer chick model...

Nicked said:
Well I wasn't just talking about KZ. Of couse there is MGS4 (which if you look at the 720p version is an incredible stepup from GoW in some aspects that don't translate well to screens, like snakes model), but theres also alot of other trailers that looked mighty tasty that Sony showed at E3 (realtime or not).
As for titles in realtime; theres MGS4, that 'crappy' Sega title reminiscent of an X360 game (graphic quality) ;-), I-8 (kinda resembled [disappointingly] CoD2 in detail, but I'm sure you'll be amazed when its fully unvieled), Warhawk (wow at the amount of planes flying around in this game, and the water) and UT2007 (lives up to GOW, graphically, by itself).
Anyway, I thought you meant that X360 could have launch titles out beating the E3 demos in response to Sony saying they have matched them. My mistake.
And what about Lair,Project Force/Armored Core and Sonic?

Looked pretty impressive to me and they were real time :)

I do think there are smoke and mirrors here.

I doubt very much anyone on these boards thinks that RSX will not be capable of pushing out enough polys that were in each frame of the Killzone CGI.

But .... and it is a very big but, the number of polys pushed was not what was impressive about this trailer. What was incredible was the world that was realised by it. You felt you were in the middle of a battlefield, it was a living breathing explosive world. But to do that using a game engine is not a question of polys, it is a question of resources. Every explosion, every soldier, every weapon, every single little thing needs to be programmed to work in unison, rather than being scripted. If every car on PGR3 takes 3 months to build, I cannot see how the level of immersion seen on killzone could be replicated in a game engine, unless the game itself lasted about 10 minutes.

So when Sony say the graphics will be better than what has gone before, does this mean there will be more polys on screen, or does it mean we will have a more fully realised world in which to play.

jvd said:
As long as people get suckered into pr hype we never can .

I'm only glad that ms learned from the raven crap with the xbox 1

yeah sure they learned from that lol

There were many threads done, threads which woudl satisfy jvd's questions. yes, all the tech demos were surpassed. Now I agree with him in what he says about killzone. It's that big what if and having egg on our faces(Sony ******s). the fact that is the next killzone is look only as good as x360's Gears of war. that is still a far cry from the Killzone demo, and what kind of exscuses will Sony ******s have. I guess instead of wishful thinking , we will see when we SEE someone pick ip a controller and prove the darn thing is realtime like kojima did. Not too mention motorstorm, the video with one of the developers to me was 'iffy'. He was asked that question on the spot and hesitated.
Again, what that guy posted further up thi page. Is SOny lies, that hate gap will widen, for those that already hate them for the 'hype' factor

I hope motorstorm materializes because I do not see another team able to do this game looking back at this gen.

KZ is different considering the history of Guerilla.

mckmas8808 said:
Ok I have your quote. So if the game is 95% close don't come with no, "well it still isn't 100%" stuff.

And this is exactly what will happen. If the actual gameplay footage is close to the E3 video there will be people who will nitpick it to death and will say that it sucks. I remember when the MGS4 vid first came out. First people said it wasn't realtime, then when it was proven it was people were saying: meh, I've seen better. Someone in this forum actually said that the Chromehounds trailer was better than MGS4!

Of course it works the other way too. If the actual gameplay footage was no where near the E3 footage I could definitely see some people here defending it.

jvd said:
Yea okay , these are the same people claming killzone was realtime when the developer was saying it wasn't .

Proof is in the pudding . Show us people playing something with footage. ANd not comparable. Footage just as good

The developers never say it was not,they say it was a representation which is diferent,also that same magazine was quoted saying that Killzone was real time runing at 5 frames per second and that it was sped up post production.

Sjees who actually cares about this real vs unreal debate anyways? I suggest we just wait for the "real" PS3 games to be shown so that we can make conclusions which make sense. If they don't deliver you just upgrade your comp with the money you safed for the PS3 and continue life like nothing happened. I mean..unless you are someone who buys new stuff for the sake of it there isn't much reason to buy a Xbox-360 anyways..

jvd said:
I'm stil lwaiting on the old man demo quality faces in a ps2 game and i'm stil lwaiting for ridge racer girl in a game.

As for killzone if they had any games even close to that they would have shown games. Not cgi .

When killzone comes out and the graphics are no where near the video will u shut up for good about it ? Or will i have to hear u with the typical line "oh wait they haven't taped all the power yet "

Was there ever a game based on a face alone on PS2 so you can compare?

It was not better than MS claiming Toy story graphics as well,just like the Raven demo show on 2000,just a week after the PS2 was launch in japan to try to steal thunder from Sony hell they show 2 guys in from of a tv making like they were playing with the CG.

But demos of games that were show for the PS2 were all surpase and most of them from go.

You realy should not hate Sony this hard,if they do come out with something like Killzone you will be mighty laugh here.

I wonder what make every thing possible for you on xbox 360 yet on PS3 nothing is,did you know that on E3 when MS show GOW it was not runing on Ati's hardware right?

It was using 2 6800 Nvidia card on SLI which is kind of pathetic,yet i'm 100% sure that you eat GOW runing great on xbox 360 even that it was not show on Ati's hardware at all.

You hate sony to much.

Hell i was warn here for making a comment bout the xbox raven demo and some other comment,and the mod even say to me that with post like that i will not last here,i'm very much in shok every time you post nothing but Sony hate and star the flames and havend been ban already,in fact what i post that time is not even close to what you do here daily....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thegameman said:
It was using 2 6800 Nvidia card on SLI which is kind of pathetic,yet i'm 100% sure that you eat GOW runing great on xbox 360 even that it was not show on Ati's hardware at all.

Interesting. This reminds me of MS once upon a time were using Free BSD (or was it Linux) to run Hotmail.

Thegameman said:
Hell i was warn here for making a comment bout the xbox raven demo and some other comment,and the mod even say to me that with post like that i will not last here,i'm very much in shok every time you post nothing but Sony hate and star the flames and havend been ban already,in fact what i post that time is not even close to what you do here daily....

Yep, double standards exist as mods have their opinions and bias as well.

Well back to topic. The Sony Execs sounds very confident the PS3 will be out Spring '06, which is very good news. But for poor Ozzies likes me won't see it probably 'til '07. :(

Well hopefully there'll be some games on the X360 that will catch my eyes in the mean time.

Last edited by a moderator:
JVD comments are lame and pathetic and carry no wait what so ever. His Anti Sony comments are unreal and unfounded. JVD is in Love with MS

Some of you can keep on going raging "on this and that and all of these things"(my SNL Arnie quote of the day :p).... As far as i'm concerned, seeing and more importantly knowing that MGS4 is running real time on under powered dev kits, has me sold on the PS3's power. Same goes for the 360 and Gears Of War.

Everything else doesn't matter.

I'm honestly sick and tired of reading the same old crusade from the same old posters that have been repeatedly turning perfectly normal threads into flamebate.

There was a time when even the most provoked topic-titles resulted in constructive discussions by developers and people with an open mind that showed the effort to discuss things objectively and contribute something constructive to the topic, forum and community. I'm simply boggled by the lack of action being taken to revert the forum and community to its former glory.

So while I agree with you, nismo123, I'm sorry to say, but I for one having been here for 3 years don't think it will get any better. Welcome to the ign-kids forum. [/bitter]

Phil said:
So while I agree with you, nismo123, I'm sorry to say, but I for one having been here for 3 years don't think it will get any better. Welcome to the ign-kids forum. [/bitter]

Maybe its some of this is due to the questions asked?

3roxor said:
unless you are someone who buys new stuff for the sake of it there isn't much reason to buy a Xbox-360 anyways..

Well constant attacks like this from certain group of people aren't really helping this situation either...

Dr Evil said:
Well constant attacks like this from certain group of people aren't really helping this situation either...

Attacks/reality/personal opinion..there is a big difference between the 3..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back