AGP/PCIe Crossfire® will never happen.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, I just had my dreams un-officially dashed so I thought I'd share.

It ain't gonna happen, it just won't....duel cards will be the perview of PCIe only. :(

I was really sort of hoping that one of those AGP/PCIe mobos would allow some form of duel card useage as that seems so fashionable now, but I fear it was just a pipe dream. :cry:

Well it make sense as some data is shared via the PCIe between the two cards. Trying to handle signaling from PCIe to APG is probably not an easy task...

digitalwanderer said:
Damn it, I just had my dreams un-officially dashed so I thought I'd share.

It ain't gonna happen, it just won't....duel cards will be the perview of PCIe only. :(

I was really sort of hoping that one of those AGP/PCIe mobos would allow some form of duel card useage as that seems so fashionable now, but I fear it was just a pipe dream. :cry:

well, duh :D

martrox said:
Sorry to burst yur bubble(s).........
Har, har, har.
bleh2.gif

Actually Bubbles is one of the brightspots in me life right now, ever since I changed CPU coolers and added that northbridge cooler she's been solid as a rock and hasn't crashed once...it's a wonderful feeling!

I'm not ready to retire her yet, nor to build a new system...methinks me will be a single card AGP guy for a while yet to come.

how bout broken obsolete heatsinks at dawn........ ;)

Those things can really hurt when thrown at a short distance....... :rolleyes:

It's one of my most hated spelling mistakes, sorry :p Not as annoying as WH40k people who insist on typing "FOR THE EMPORER" though...

/derail

Back