I think all the power in XBOX2 is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slk_forever

Newcomer
Hi,

Think,the next XBOX probably will have a unified shader architeture.Lets suppose only half of the 10 times the vertex shader compared to a X800-XT is used,the rest is used with pixels.It would give around 10 millions polygons/frame at around 45 fps.This is beautiful!!!The movie FF:The Spirits Within uses 80 millions polys/frame.In 2007 we will reach the detail in polygons of the best looking CG animated film of all time!!!Pixel shader TOO will improve,and around 2010 we will reach the shading requirements of this movie.The crucial point is,if this technology will be in Microsofts console,soon after it will be in PCs.I am tired of bump-mapping,normal mapping,etc..Iwant characters with around 500 thousands polygons by 2010.Not this ridiculous characters (example UE 3.0) with 6500 to 10000 polygons,where inside they look beautiful,but the edges look terribly blocky.If the companies of chips instead of double the polygon count yearly,quadruplique or even more the progress will be much quicker.Pixel shaders the same thing.One employee of nVidia said for me via email that by 2007/8 we will have demos in this cards that rival any CG movie,on the more processor intensive scenes,being until better than some.So I think that my thoughts are in the right direcion

Thanks,slk

since when can any current pc system run games with 2 million polys per frame in an actual game environment?

No games push this quantity of polygons because all the games until now are made with low-end systems in mind.Do you want 2 millions polys/frame SIMULATING a game enviroment?3DMark05,it tops 2 millions of polys/frame on the more demanding scenes.

The PC is also has bottlenecks in performance that you don't necessarily find in console. For instance, you won't find a consoles with AGP being the limiting factor between system memory, and the graphics chip.

Hey I type faster than I can spell. I also have a habit of typing and not checking before hitting "submit"

In 2007 we will reach the detail in polygons of the best looking CG animated film of all time!!!Pixel shader TOO will improve,and around 2010
hmm.. who knows maybe wwiii will occur some pt in time... china vs taiwan...osama gang vs us... india vs pakistan... north korea vs south korea... life will fall back to square one where 1mhz cpu will be big big deal...

I was talking to the poster. ^_^ Punctuation-without-spacing in a giant one-paragraph mess is just needlessly confusing. I can piece together what's trying to be said, but I certainly don't want to.

kopio0 said:
In 2007 we will reach the detail in polygons of the best looking CG animated film of all time!!!Pixel shader TOO will improve,and around 2010
hmm.. who knows maybe wwiii will occur some pt in time... china vs taiwan...osama gang vs us... india vs pakistan... north korea vs south korea... life will fall back to square one where 1mhz cpu will be big big deal...

Right.

As long as we have blueprints and money, we can build anything.

slk_forever said:
No games push this quantity of polygons because all the games until now are made with low-end systems in mind.Do you want 2 millions polys/frame SIMULATING a game enviroment?3DMark05,it tops 2 millions of polys/frame on the more demanding scenes.

and even on a top of the line system its not what id call smooth enough to play.

But 3Dmark05 do not have any optimization, even in PC terms, if it had things should be very diferent, like you see between UC and UC2.

NoIthinkthepowerinxbox2isactuallyaverybadthing,imeanallthispowercanbebadforyouhealth andcanharmmorethanitcandogood.that'swhatmymumalwaysusedtosay.
iwouldliektothankmyenglishteacherwhotaughtmehowtowrite. :oops:

london-boy said:
NoIthinkthepowerinxbox2isactuallyaverybadthing,imeanallthispowercanbebadforyouhealth andcanharmmorethanitcandogood.that'swhatmymumalwaysusedtosay.
iwouldliektothankmyenglishteacherwhotaughtmehowtowrite. :oops:

Man, do you think I am the typical nerd that frequent this shit? English isnt my primary language and a give a shit to anyone that finds my english bad.
If you dont know, you are a mere mortal living in your mothers house. I, a engineer from IBM, have a beautiful car (SLK) and live in a beautiful city (Rio de Janeiro, in Barra da Tijuca).
I have 29 years and have a BEAUTIFUL woman and daughter. Have more respect with a person much more superior and old than you!!!
I usually post in these sites this way, with horrible grammatic, because I think who post in these forums are the majority (Im not saying all) teens who dont know what they are saying...

Thanks, slk

[quote="slk_forever"
Man, do you think I am the typical nerd that frequent this shit? English isnt my primary language and a give a shit to anyone that finds my english bad.
If you dont know, you are a mere mortal living in your mothers house. I, a engineer from IBM, have a beautiful car (SLK) and live in a beautiful city (Rio de Janeiro, in Barra da Tijuca).[/quote]
This is just...sad.

So very sad.

Are you envious?
Is it impossible one winner frequent this site? THIS is sad.
I never thought the majority of people in these forums are total losers. Now I know why every console or computer hardcore is taxed of idiot... or nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back