ATI's "Fudo" to have Shader 3.0

hovz said:
jvd said:
Unknown Soldier said:
From what I understood there's gonna be the R480 part before the R520.

R480 getting released by October/November and the R520 to be released by March/April/May(Spring) 2005.

The next ATI part is only gonna be a speedbinned R42x.

At least that's what I understood.

US

same would be with the nv40 . The next part will most likely be a 450mhz part , mabye 475 . The r420 would most likely be around 600-650 mhz .

650??? HIGHLY doubtful. id be suprised if it was even 600.

Really ? I'm running my x800xt pe at 620 stock cooling (just making the fan run full out at 75c instead of 90 (wtf were they thinking)

Actually everyone i know with a x800xt pe is hitting 600stock.

lets talk core JVD not ram. And you dont know that many ppl with XTs. As many as me i bet. and NO not everybody is getting 600+ on stock cooling. I blame Samsung. They are big but no quality. The core going to 550 would be realy somthing.

karlotta said:
lets talk core JVD not ram. And you dont know that many ppl with XTs. As many as me i bet. and NO not everybody is getting 600+ on stock cooling. I blame Samsung. They are big but no quality. The core going to 550 would be realy somthing.

You should check out other websites . Many many people are getting far above 550mhz with thier x800xt pes.

Why do you blame samsung on the core ? They have nothing to do with it. Actually half your post makes no sense . What does
And you dont know that many ppl with XTs. As many as me i bet.
mean ?

I know a ton of people with xts . I've actuallly installed 18 vga silencer 4s on to friends x800xt pes . Remember i help my friend out who owns a pc store. I get to play with tons of hardware .

I have yet t have a x800xt pe that wnt hit 600 n the core.

you miss read me. Samsung on the ram. And i do read lots of websites atleast asmuch as you. Stockcooling is not 600. Most ppl posting 600ram
or higher is with modded cooling. dont be such a fan, just call it like it is good but not as good as you make it to be.

karlotta said:
you miss read me. Samsung on the ram. And i do read lots of websites atleast asmuch as you. Stockcooling is not 600. Most ppl posting 600ram
or higher is with modded cooling. dont be such a fan, just call it like it is good but not as good as you make it to be.

stock cooling with the fan speed raised is normal.

Adding a vga silencer 4 will get me past 620 as it has on my friends

Remember ati is in a better postion than nvidia .

the x800xt pe is single slot cooler at 520mhz. 6800ultra is at 400mhz with a dual slot cooler.

I full expect the x800xt pe replacement to hit 600+ . After all i don't see much faster ram coming out at the end of the year. A 550mhz core of 560mhz core wont be a huge jump .

karlotta said:
Hmm. . . I must have misread jvd's comments. I don't see any post where he claimed that the RAM got similar overclocks. All he was talking about was the core going to 600 MHz on stock cooling.

karlotta said:
noway on the core going 600 on stock cooling.
*shrugs* Well, perhaps someone else with an X800 XT PE and a willingness to overclock will be able to confirm or deny.

Ostsol said:
karlotta said:
Hmm. . . I must have misread jvd's comments. I don't see any post where he claimed that the RAM got similar overclocks. All he was talking about was the core going to 600 MHz on stock cooling.

I can hit 600 on my ram. But not everyone can. The average clock on the ram is 590. Which isn't to shaby . Even my friend with a compusa x800pro unlocked to x800xt pe his hitting 580/590.

So i would think both ati and nvidia will have acess to 600mhz ram for the refreshes. But 50mhz (40 for ati) isn't going to be a huge performance increase .

RejZoR said:
Hm very interesting. Lots of question and exclamantion marks,few XGI,NVIDIA and ATI words and thats it. O and i found a 3 smiley animation :LOL:
Try this way:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...om/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=188647&lp=zt_en

...Volair V5 and V8 have not certainly obtained the market acceptance, but XGI certainly not therefore feels is discouraged, and the plan Q1 promotes XG45 and the XG47 cartography chip in 2005..

EDIT: google on XG45 -47 gave also this
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20040730134555.html
so its old news

Back