you can fly in gta 4

Here we go again, prove it. This makes not one, but two instances where Rockstar talks about the 360 in regards to their DLC. That baseless rumor from Eurogamer is just that, baseless.
Talking about baseless, if the article in the OP is a second instance, you won't have to travel far to quote where you believe Rockstar talks about 360 DLC there. Oh wait, don't bother, they don't. Is your first instance just as good, or are you actually talking about where Peter Moore, surprise, didn't mention PS3 DLC?

Or link to it for me to dismiss it as a worthless rumor mill, so we can get even.

One post to end them all xD

Oh ffs, not this again.

Okay, let me teach you about how this DLC will work:

The Xbox 360 is going to have 2 Exclusive episode DLC's. This is what has been annouced, no more no less.

Now, Fanboys have been spreading rumors how the PS3 will have exclusive content as well. This is not likely, not by a longshot, unless Sony has paid R* for it (which they haven't), the PS3 will not recieve anything thats exclusive. It will however recieve downloadable content, thats a given.

Why?

It doesnt make sense from a business perspective to make exclusive content for the PS3, unless your getting paid for it. Now, R* has been paid for exclusive content for the X360, and it will make just that. Surely, with GTA being the money machine as it is, they are going to make more downloadable content beyond the initial 2 for the X360 (given of course, that they sell).

We all agree so far? Good.

Now, Rockstar have 2 choices about how to deal with future DLC after the initial two (which will be exclusive):

Keep making exclusive content for each or just one of the platforms = MORE work and LESS money in return (your limiting your userbase with each exclusive DLC)

or

Make content cross-plattform = less work and MORE money in return

There is absolutely no business logic that would support exclusive GTA4 downloadable content for the PS3, unless they are getting paid for it by Sony. Which is highly unlikely, given how Sony only promotes their exclusive games.

Oh ffs, not this again.

Okay, let me teach you about how this DLC will work:

The Xbox 360 is going to have 2 Exclusive episode DLC's. This is what has been annouced, no more no less.

Now, Fanboys have been spreading rumors how the PS3 will have exclusive content as well. This is not likely, not by a longshot, unless Sony has paid R* for it (which they haven't), the PS3 will not recieve anything thats exclusive. It will however recieve downloadable content, thats a given.

Why?

It doesnt make sense from a business perspective to make exclusive content for the PS3, unless your getting paid for it. Now, R* has been paid for exclusive content for the X360, and it will make just that. Surely, with GTA being the money machine as it is, they are going to make more downloadable content beyond the initial 2 for the X360 (given of course, that they sell).

We all agree so far? Good.

No "we don´t".

This Exclusive for 360 stuff is just one big clusterfuck and re: the PS3 fanboys, i guess some gaming websites are fanboys as well since they can get their stuff straight either.

If you would be so nice and provide us some nice links that confirms the 2 exclusive downloads for the 360.

A link that shows us that Sony didn´t pay for it´s own exclusive content and that Rockstar isn´t planning any exclusive downloads either.

And that Exclusive is really exclusive and not a time limited exclusive.

Then this thread would actually deliver

If you would be so nice and provide us some nice links that confirms the 2 exclusive downloads for the 360.

A link that shows us that Sony didn´t pay for it´s own exclusive content and that Rockstar isn´t planning any exclusive downloads either.

I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting my post totally went over your head.

We do know that GTA4 will have 2 exclusive downloads for the 360. We know this because Peter Moore announced it at E3 06. Here is a youtube of it. Nobody has refuted, or even made a rumor about this not being exclusive, so it safe to say it is.

If you read my post, i carefully explain to you, that it doesn't make sense from a business perspective for Rockstar to make exclusive content for either of the platforms, unless you get paid for it. We have heard no annoucements of Sony paying R* for exclusive content, and tkf, i therefore don't need to provide a link saying Sony hasn't paid R*. Thats not how things works.

Otherwise i guess a prediction saying games made by SCEA will be multiplatform is good one, because we have seen no news source indicating otherwise.

I do not need to find a link proving Sony hasn't paid R* for exclusive content, YOU need to find a link that they have. Thats how things works.

And to reemphasize on my point from my last post, UNLESS ROCKSTAR GETS PAID FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, THERE IS NO BUSINESS LOGIC THAT CAN BE APPLIED TO JUSTIFY MAKING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FOR A MULTIPLATFORM TITLE.

You understand this right?

I'm going out on a limb here, and predicting my post totally went over your head.

We do know that GTA4 will have 2 exclusive downloads for the 360. We know this because Peter Moore announced it at E3 06. Here is a youtube of it. Nobody has refuted, or even made a rumor about this not being exclusive, so it safe to say it is.

If you read my post, i carefully explain to you, that it doesn't make sense from a business perspective for Rockstar to make exclusive content for either of the platforms, unless you get paid for it. We have heard no annoucements of Sony paying R* for exclusive content, and tkf, i therefore don't need to provide a link saying Sony hasn't paid R*. Thats not how things works.

Otherwise i guess a prediction saying games made by SCEA will be multiplatform is good one, because we have seen no news source indicating otherwise.

I do not need to find a link proving Sony hasn't paid R* for exclusive content, YOU need to find a link that they have. Thats how things works.

And to reemphasize on my point from my last post, UNLESS ROCKSTAR GETS PAID FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, THERE IS NO BUSINESS LOGIC THAT CAN BE APPLIED TO JUSTIFY MAKING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FOR A MULTIPLATFORM TITLE.

You understand this right?

Well we also know that other titles were exclusive and it turned out to be an ourright lie, that why i wondered if you anything to go by, Rockstar would be the correct part to get this info from. And i totally got your "it´s not worth making content for the PS3" thing. I also asked if this exclusive content is forever or if it´s time limited. Btw, what makes you think that Rockstar can´t use the same content on both machines? I would be surprised if they couldn´t.

No "we don´t".

This Exclusive for 360 stuff is just one big clusterfuck and re: the PS3 fanboys, i guess some gaming websites are fanboys as well since they can get their stuff straight either.

And that Exclusive is really exclusive and not a time limited exclusive.

Then this thread would actually deliver

This is a direct quote from Game Informer. I know that there is a policy of scans for pictures, I'm not too sure on just an excerpt, but if this is in violation, please take this down.

gtaop5.jpg

Btw, what makes you think that Rockstar can´t use the same content on both machines? I would be surprised if they couldn´t.

That's the point. If they make content for PS3 and Sony has not secured exclusivity then it will *probably* be released on both platforms. We already know MS has secured some exclusivity for their episodic content.

Well we also know that other titles were exclusive and it turned out to be an ourright lie, that why i wondered if you anything to go by, Rockstar would be the correct part to get this info from.

Your logic never seize to amaze me, just because other titles has been announced as "exclusive" before, and been timed exclusives, or straight out multi platform, it means that all exclusive deals are now a lie? FFS, stop refuting facts. Peter Moore and microsoft would NOT be standing there and saying again and again how they got exclusive episodic content if it was a lie. And if it was a lie, Rockstar would certainly go out and call them out on it.

Until you get any hard proof implying something else, these are indisputable facts.

And i totally got your "it´s not worth making content for the PS3" thing. I also asked if this exclusive content is forever or if it´s time limited. Btw, what makes you think that Rockstar can´t use the same content on both machines? I would be surprised if they couldn´t.

My last two posts obviously went over your head, i didn't say it not worth making content for the PS3. I said its not worth making exclusive content unless they are getting paid for it, i said that if Rockstar is planing on making any downloadable content after the two exclusive episode thingys, it will be multiplatform.

OXM UK has new info:

- Niko will be able to climb and descend exterior fire escapes. (been said before, but more proof here)
- Some meetings will take place high in skyscrapers, which you will able to throw people off.
- Liberty City will be roughly the size of San Andreas, but packed with more details. (more exact size)
- Boats will be included in the game (was unsure, but now confirmed)
- You may possibly be able to contact other friends playing GTA IV online via the in-game cell phone.

OPM Italy has new info:

# You can view the bus schedule at bus stops around this city, strongly encouraging the idea that players will be able to ride the bus for a small fee.

# When Niko draws a weapon, the camera will position itself over his shoulder and a crosshair will appear in the center of the screen, similar to manual aim in San Andreas. It will be possible to lock onto a target and strafe left and right to avoid any oncoming bullets.

# Grand Theft Auto will not longer be as easy as it's been in GTA IV's predecessors. You can't just jump into a car and immediately floor it. You may have to hot wire the car, or sneak up to it and break the window to enter.

# Niko will be able to climb several things such as telephone poles and fire escapes.

# You can look down into the grating of a sidewalk panel and view what's under Liberty City. Light will shine down into these places.

# Philip Glass, the composer of the trailer music, may be involved in the production of the game's soundtrack.

it sounds awesome. it also has new artwork in it.

OPM Australia has new info:

"suburb upon suburb of randomly generated houses simply didn't add anything worthwhile" People are reading newspapers, gesturing whilst talking on their mobile phones, people sitting on seats while talking and absent-mindly flicking dust off their jeans. "We really know we're in Liberty City when we see an 80-year old granny staggering down the street as she takes swigs from a bottle of whisky."

You can feel the bass of passing cars, and hear the radio that they're listening to when it goes past. Rockstar asked the magazine not to publish the name of the song, as no artists have been set in stone.

Niko passes an ATM and it prompts him to "access funds". It's likely that if you die, you may lose all your money, so putting it in a bank when you get a substantial amount seems like a good idea. The magazine also hints at being able to bribe people and the possibility of being mugged.

From the outside, you can see through windows into houses. While it may sound like a "Big Whoop!", staking out a house for a missions purpose could have its advantages.

The idea of terrorism is in the game, but it's not a focal point. It's obvious that it's a post 9/11 game. Just to stop people going on, Niko is definately Eastern European, not Middle Eastern. There is no Ground Zero, mainly because a "massive area of flat concrete" isn't all that exciting. Terrorism and the "War On Terror" are shown to be used as an excuse to limit freedoms.

Back