CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

December 30, 2023
Modder ‘TenebrisVenit’ has released a new mod for Cyberpunk 2077 that aims to fix the game’s broken Ray Tracing/Path Tracing reflections. This mod is for version 2.1 which became available earlier this month.

For those unaware, CDPR has somehow made the Ray Tracing and Path Tracing reflections look worse in V2.1. So, by using this mod, you can improve their quality. I’ve tested the mod and I can confirm that the reflections now look better and are more consistent. However, this mod does not fix the weird billboard and shadow issues.

Thanks for those benchmark numbers, the 4090 is actually scaling above the raw performance difference which is insane to see.

And I do turn CA, film grain and all the other crap off as it just causes issues for DLSS.

People underestimate often how fast a 4090 really is when you turn on all the bells and whistles. A lot of it comes down to poor setup of mainstream reviewer’s systems and settings.

People underestimate often how fast a 4090 really is when you turn on all the bells and whistles. A lot of it comes down to poor setup of mainstream reviewer’s systems and settings.

But on raw specs the 4090 is only around 60%(?) more than a 4070ti.

So seeing it perform twice as fast is an outlier.

Actually 4090 is basically like 2X of 4070 Ti.
4090 has more than double the amount of cuda cores (16,384 vs 7,680) and double the memory bus (384 vs 192). 4090's boost clock is slightly lower but it also has slightly more cores. Memory speed are the same, so it has double the memory bandwidth, and also double the memory size.

I'm not sure where you're getting the 60% more number from?

Hardware resources are basically double (double the memory bus, more than double the SMs/GPCs and there respective subunits), even factoring clockspeeds it's 82 tflops vs 40tflops. Only the L2 cache is less than double. This is why RTX 4090 is generally stated as having very high value (and also the RTX 4080 having very poor value) due to the theoretically amount of hardware resources you get on it for the cost compared to the past when the top end typically carried a massive premium for it.

Aggregate gaming benchmarks tend to actually underrepresent it due to how even the majority of games at 4K max settings end up not fully actually utilizing it.

When it comes to L2 cache, 4090 is a meager 50% higher than 4070Ti's. 4090's L2 cache is mere 8MB more than 4090's.
Not sure how much that affects performance and nvidia don't seem to in a mood to deploy a 4090 super with full 96MB of L2 cache.

When it comes to L2 cache, 4090 is a meager 50% higher than 4070Ti's. 4090's L2 cache is mere 8MB more than 4090's.
Not sure how much that affects performance and nvidia don't seem to in a mood to deploy a 4090 super with full 96MB of L2 cache.

Generally you don't need to have last level cache size directly proportional to memory size, because it does not improve hit rate by as much. Since 4090 only has twice the memory size of 4070 Ti it does not need 2x last level cache.
Full AD102 such as L40 has 48GB memory so a full 96MB L2 cache is better.

Those new car mods are doing some of the heavy lifting, they are really detailed and using highly reflective paint/materials we don't really see alot in the default cars. even some of the cockpits are impressive. It makes my AC modded too hell and back look out dated. Anyone up for making a path traced renderer replacement for AC? I can give you moral support that's about all use I would be ;)

Here's a video with some more cars and a look at the interiors.

If you look at benchmarks it's rarely, if ever, double a 4070ti.

Of course, but the point is its raw power is double a 4070 Ti, so it has the potential.
It's just like for example a 4GHz CPU rarely performs twice as fast as 2GHz CPU in "real world" applications, but can in some specific benchmarks.

Yeah everything was overexposed. But even with the overexposure, it still looks great IMO.
Not sure I like the look at night, some areas are really bright with some really dark areas as they are walking through it at the end of that video and when driving around the buildings are black in the distance and when he gets close they end up really bright.

it looks like a very impressive automotive photo booth. but trying to look at it as a whole, it's very washed out and strips Night City of its character. everything is neutral and doesn't pull your eye in any particular direction. it's why it makes for a great photo booth, but as a game, I don't think it works

Yeah everything was overexposed. But even with the overexposure, it still looks great IMO.
For me, the game has that Akira animation movie look. That is completely lost with mods like this.

But the mods make it look more like some other movies.

Back