What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww man. Thats tragic. Hope you find a replacement quick.

We need a "feel bad for you" button because I can't tell if iroboto's "like" of your post is an indication of his sympathy or if he is relishing in your misfortune.
Lol it was a good story. Not often will someone see a lightning bolt hit ground 100m from you. Pretty nutty and loud I would think.

Gdamnit, I want to get back to Pathfinder but Game Pass is sucking down all my time.

My latest gaming addiction is Tainted Grail: Conquest. This is a card battler similar in concept to Slay the Spire. Only here instead of navigating some abstract 2D map, you're navigating a world in 3rd person. There's 3 class archtypes which are basically scout, warrior, and summoner and then 3 sub classes within each of those archtypes. All of which play quite differently from others although there are some superficial similarities among the sub-classes of a given archtype.

There is also an interesting storyline that's a well fleshed out twisted (VERY twisted) spin off of the Arthurian legend. Plenty of sub-quests that flesh out the world and setting. I find myself being quite interested in the sub-stories that are told in these sub-quests. Haven't finished it yet, but I'm really looking forward towards seeing what they have for an ending. I hope it doesn't have a disappointing ending.

So, if you like card battlers (some call it deck builders) like Slay the Spire, you'll probably really enjoy this game.

Welp, back to lose myself in another run. :p

Regards,
SB

I didn't know that DQ XI Chapter 10 was going to be the biggest chapter in the history of gaming, so my gaming agenda for the rest of this month is much the same as last month:

Completing DQ XI Chapters 11 - 12 to finish the game
Getting through Hades 10 times
Finishing Psychonauts (original)
Completing the MS Flight Sim Training sessions
Put some time into Forza Horizon 4 before the new game comes out

UT2004, because it's one of the few games I enjoy that runs smoothly on this ancient machine I'll be using for the next few weeks.

Conker Live & Reloaded on OG Xbox and a 28" CRT for that original experience.

MGS2 on PS2 (And on the same 28" CRT)

Ocarina Of Time on N64 (Once again on that same 28" CRT)

CRT's are so cheap now that everyone should have one for retro gaming and if you're young enough to have never seen a CRT you should get one just to experience their no input lag and inky blacks :cool:

unfortunately CRT whines and flickers. although admittedly i have never tried high end CRT (IIRC my "minimum" for my eyes to not see the crt flicker was 85 hz).

anyway, currently surfing a bunch of gamepass games. Turns out the majority (99%?) of gamepass games are not to my liking.

THere's also weird games that have XS logo but works fine installed on USB storage haahahaha.
- quake
- starwars squadron

there's also a bunch of small or indie games with XS logo that requires the super fast internal SSD. Despite the game design doesn't look like requiring it.

So I wanted to buy a XseriesX as I am amazed by what I see about F5 and the new Halo.

Turns out it is so difficult to get as the PS5. Shyte. So I bought a XseriesS instead and GamePass as well. Will upgrade to the X once dust has settled.

Tried out a lot of games I was curious about…it is unreal how many games GamePass includes. The Ascent, Torchlight 3, Dragonball Z, Unto the End, Back 4 Blood,…none really clicked at the moment, but I am waiting for F5 and Halo anyways :)

Currently downloading MCC in preparation…i hope I manage to play through all the campaigns. I heard good things anout MCc and again, unreal that it is included as well!

While downloading MCC, I am surprised that I have some fun with Star Renegade…beat the first Behemoth and kinda like the style (although I typically hate pixel art).

far cry6, lost judgment, kena - like them all, this years didn't bring like 10/10 titles but for sure many goods

Playing Phoenix Point at the moment since it's just appeared on Game Pass. I love a bit of XCOM style combat and this has some interesting things going for it but.... it is so goddamn buggy. From simple UI glitches ("NOTEXT" appearing where item description should show) to game-breaking control issues (panicked soldiers getting you into a situation where you can't stop controlling them). Reckon I may leave it for a few months and come back to it to see if they fix some of this stuff.

Age of Empires IV. Man, I've really missed being able to play a good traditional RTS. And AOE IV is pretty good. So far it feels much closer to AOE I and II than it does to the rather disappointing AOE III. Thank goodness.

I'm hoping they add more cultures as the current roster seems a bit limited. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing again is the game mode that has you building a city outside of the RTS gameplay. Not sure it would really fit, however, since that city represented the old world sending meta progression things to their colony in the new world. But, that was perhaps the only thing about AOE III that I really liked.

Anyway. If you like traditional style RTS games, I can so far heartily recommend AOE IV.

Regards,
SB

Playing Phoenix Point at the moment since it's just appeared on Game Pass. I love a bit of XCOM style combat and this has some interesting things going for it but.... it is so goddamn buggy. From simple UI glitches ("NOTEXT" appearing where item description should show) to game-breaking control issues (panicked soldiers getting you into a situation where you can't stop controlling them). Reckon I may leave it for a few months and come back to it to see if they fix some of this stuff.

Yup be glad you are playing the relatively bug free current version of the game. It was SOOO much worse at launch.

Regards,
SB

Metro Exodus. I must say most open world systems are very well done, notably the weapons customizations. The world is also suprisingly varied, it doesn't look generic like Far Cry.

But of course the RT lighting is very pretty and usually impressive. It's probably the best use of RT if we don't count Insomniac games. And the performance is incredibly stable, locked 60fps for me until now (Caspian sea). Very nice to play.

The only problem being the lighting latency (and flickering) that is sometimes very noticeable. Sometimes the controls are a bit junky. But overall it's such an improvement from the previous games.

Full, all side missions, Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I kind of rushed it in my first replay earlier this year.

Gunfire Reborn. Saw someone playing this on Twitch and at first I was like, meh. But the more I watched it, the more interesting it seemed until I found myself needing to play it. :p

It's basially a First Person Looter Shooter within the framework of a Rogue-Like with meta progression and various unlockable classes.

Simple but hella addicting.

Regards,
SB

I got into Apex Legends through lockdown. Very frustrating game yet very compelling too. Diablo 2 didn't do it for me. 30 fps sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back