What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
THPS3 done :yes:

Now Silent Hill 2...........playing it on a CRT (So dark scenes are actually black and not washed out grey) in the pitch black with headphones and the volume turned up.

Gingerly roaming a dark corridor.... a loud noise....cue me jumping out my skin shitting myself and thinking why do I put myself through this.

Finished Control and the DLCs yesterday. Took me just under 2 weeks, not sure how many hours I put into it, but I'd say at least 35h. I played the 60fps mode on Series X. I did try the Ray tracing mode and it did look nice, but in this game I wasn't willing to take the framerate did, in Doom Eternal I wasn't willing to take the resolution hit, so I've yet to play a console game where RT brings something worthwhile to the table for me.

It's not that long ago that I played Quantum Break which I loved, somehow I managed to miss that the playable character in Control, Jesse Faden was the same actor as one of the main characters in Quantum Break, Beth Wilder!

Performance was really solid at this point, I guess there were some performance issues before, but I'd say it's flawless on the Series X now. I'd say it took me about 2h for the story and the game world to lure me in. Everything is a bit confusing and surrounded in mystery at the beginning and the start perhaps could have been a bit better imo. I think Quantum Break did better in this regard. After the start though I felt like it was a fantastic journey. I basically only used the grip and pierce weapon modes, The launch ability complements those well and I never felt the need to upgrade or use the other weapons.

I think the gameplay was very strong and imo Remedy manages to make really interesting stories. They do spam those text files for you to read a bit too much though. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

I'm very interested in playing through QB and Control as well, but it will have to wait until 2022.

I've been struggling to get Xbox time this month, but I thought I'd finished DQ XI only to realize that the post-credits content is about 50% as large as the pre-credits content. It's TOO BIG! I'm no longer trying to power through to the end on this one and I'm going to just play it (ie. grind from level 50 to 70) for an hour every time I sit down and then play amongst the following for the next couple hours:

- Psychonauts 1
- Halo Infinite MP
- Forza Horizon 5
- Maybe Flight Sim here and there

Last edited:
Just starting played Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I'm 6 hours in and apparently I just finished the intro/tutorial. Great presentation and beautiful graphics. I was hoping to play this with a new GPU and enhance it but alas my wife and I are still stuck with our Maxwell/Pascal generations.

Just starting played Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I'm 6 hours in and apparently I just finished the intro/tutorial. Great presentation and beautiful graphics. I was hoping to play this with a new GPU and enhance it but alas my wife and I are still stuck with our Maxwell/Pascal generations.
Black Friday deals you could have gotten a new GPU for only 1500$.

Age of Empires IV. Man, I've really missed being able to play a good traditional RTS. And AOE IV is pretty good. So far it feels much closer to AOE I and II than it does to the rather disappointing AOE III. Thank goodness.

<snip>

Anyway. If you like traditional style RTS games, I can so far heartily recommend AOE IV.

Regards,
SB
Thanks for posting this! I've been contemplating picking it up, I think you may have just convinced me.

While I'm not playing it just yet, I've acquired all the righteous gear for MS Flight Simulator. I ordered the Honeycomb Alpha yoke and Bravo throttles, then tossed in the Thrustmaster Pendular rudder pedals for good measure. They all arrived early last week and I gave the boxes to my wife to wrap up for Christmas :D I also figured out how to get my Oculus Quest connected into MSFS correctly, so I practiced a bit with my USB XBOX controller on the PC with the Oculus strapped to my head and flew around Sydney, Memphis and then an old family home outside of Wichita KS.

Can't wait to get all the gear strapped in!

Last edited:
Currently playing Nioh. I actually didn't want to play Nioh because of the difficulty of the game and I didn't want to commit my time and energy to it. But somehow I accidentally got the game and said, well I can alway try it, can't I?

I am so glad I did because the combat in this game is so good. It is as good as the hype I read everywhere. The game is hard but is so rewarding to play.

On PC, I have over 300 hours in Fallout 4. It was my first Fallout ever and, to me, it was great.
So I grabed Fallout New Vegas this weekend, and so far I like it too.

I recall FO:NV being quite divisive when it came out; I enjoyed it at least as much as the prior FO:3 game. The ultra-purists of course hated all the 3D shooters, it just seemed like Oblivion with guns to me (in a good way.)

There's a mod named the Tale of Two Wastelands which joins the two games -- FO:3 and FO:NV -- into a continuous playthrough. I re-played both games early in the year and very much enjoyed the combination of the two. Here's the FAQ: Tale of Two Wastelands - FAQ

Been playing HZD(on PC this time) for the last few weeks. GT Sport(PS5) and Dota 2(Dreamleague is live). Played a bit of theHunter: Call of the Wild(Free game on EGS) but after 20 hours got bored.

Started FFXIV up again. Took a while to get to the end of the current content in prep for the expansion. And... I think I have to agree with a lot of people that I watch.

I now consider this the absolute best single player game that has ever been created in the history of gaming and it isn't even close. 10 years on, the current story arc is finally coming to an end and there is no other game on the planet that can tell the story that FFXIV has told.

Yes, it is an MMO. But if you ignore all the MMO aspects of it. It contains the single greatest single player experience I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It isn't always brilliant but it was almost never bad. But that overarching story. Holy F-ing Shite.

It's a shame that so many gamer's will never experience this because it's an MMO. And to get through the entire store arc requires multiple hundreds of hours of playtime which might prompt some people to skip some of the "less exciting" content and story which is a shame because all of those story elements that they crafted over the past 10 years have been pulled together into the current ending that had me in tears for probably 20-30 minutes straight.

The next expansion is the absolute last for the current main 10 year story arc. I don't know how they top what I just experienced. Hell, I don't even know how they go about starting another probably 10 year story arc.

This is the equivalent of a 10 year anime with hundreds of episodes that ends better than it started ... except better than any anime with 100's of episodes. I am humbled, amazed, and grateful that Yoshi P and team exists and I got to experience this wonderful game that they've created.

My number 1 game of all time.

Regards,
SB

Swayee's flight sim setup so we can all be jealous
xUIAur2.jpg

So did Swaaye buy the same equipment as I did and just post in a thread elsewhere? :D :D

You forgot the Quest headset too! Haha...

Nope. The Honeycomb Bravo throttles have a bunch of optional components to snap on different ways of emulating different types of planes. Boeing-emulated controls are already included, you can also get the Airbus A319/A320 throttle pack: HONEYCOMB AIRBUS THROTTLE PACK | Hands on Review and Configuration. - YouTube

This kit can emulate one, two or four engine control methods, and then also include air brakes, flaps, mixture, prop angle and even includes a trim wheel. Further, the controls allow for optional reverse-thrust methods and even lockouts. You should check it out: Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant Unboxing - YouTube Start at the 5:30 mark to see the different levers that come out of the box, hop to the 11 minute mark to see how the system can change in so many ways...

CN: Mine is super-better than that one :D :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back