Scorn [XBSX|S, XGP, PC]

Xbox Series X|S-exclusive Scorn draws its inspiration from H.R. Giger's work on the Alien franchise and the surreal art of Zdzisław Beksiński. Watch the unsettling and horrifying results in this exclusive 13-minute gameplay video.

looks a bit boring maybe, but this in VR...yummy
yea I'm not a huge fan of walking simulators. I know some people are. but it's not my thing.
It's a nice environment show, seems like they nailed the art direction for this game.

Gamespot has 13 minutes of exclusive gameplay of Scorn on Series X...

EDIT: article too...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/x...weapons-in-new-gameplay-trailer/1100-6483550/

Tommy McClain

Man, I love this! There aren't enough Giger-ish games in general. Yes there are the various Alien games but you get one good one (Alien: Isolation) for a batch of bad ones (Colonial Marines and goodness knows what else).

Texture work looks really crisp and clean, it's got a really slimy, sticky, biomechanical sci-fi/horror aesthetic with all the neat cyberpunk elements in there for good measure (strong channeling of Giger there), etc. I don't think it has RT in there (correct me if I'm wrong), but at least from what I can see here it's not like it needs it, RT would just be a nice cherry on the top but for this type of aesthetic you'd want to use it very sparingly anyway.

Curious if this one's going to have different performance modes. Regardless I hope it does well and finds its audience at large; whenever I do pick up my Series X (hopefully first half of 2021), this will be one of the first games I pick up alongside it.

it's the order 1886 of the XsX/S :LOL:

I dunno about that. There were a LOT of part in Order 1886 where you just literally had no control. This game definitely seems a bit light on the action/shooter element but I never honestly got the vibe they were going for that particularly, it just happens to have some shooting in it.

Me, I totally can dig this kind of vibe; if there were too many explosions or shooting happening it'd be really hard to sink yourself into the atmosphere. I think they want something leaning more heavily on classical horror, it doesn't seem like the kind of game that wants you shooting stuff up every second or built like a badass.

Curious how strong the adventure and puzzle elements of the game will be; if they are indeed going for something outside of the typical FPS lane I would enjoy if the aspects of exploration and puzzles are more prevalent.

Gameplay? Visually? Genre?

Looks visually nice, but there is some screen tearing and dips in certain sections. The gameplay looks slightly boring at the moment... had this game on my Steam wishlist for awhile, hopefully it doesn't disappoint when its released.

Highly anticipating this. Hopefully the game itself isn't too difficult. For this type of game, I just want to walk around and absorb the artwork.

Highly anticipating this. Hopefully the game itself isn't too difficult. For this type of game, I just want to walk around and absorb the artwork.

Before the artwork absorbs you!

Back