Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

For a brief glorious moment I thought the track was going to burst out into "Nahh na na na na neh" like Katamari Damacy but no :(

Seems like a fine ad, not sure what forking out for Daniel Kaluuya gets them apart from an awkward echo of him weeping on the couch in Get Out but hey that's why MS marketing team are paid the big bucks

MS has stated multiple times that all Xbox One games apart from Kinect-titles should be playable on launch day, I of course can't know that they 100% deliver on that, but no reason to worry what the situation is pre-launch imo.

Also Turn 10 has previously promised that:

Yep, their just rolling it out slowly to the people who's currently got an xsx. Could things go belly up, sure but they've said to expect majority (all? sans kinnect) games at launch.

In terms of 1P games that will be patched they have been pretty up front with what and when for them, at least the ones they've commited to.

Regarding system enhanced titles (double fps etc), expect it to be rolled out like enhanced BC titles on the 1X.

All seems pretty laid out and straightforward to me.

Was going to watch that but decided not to & leave it as a surprise. :cool:

Tommy McClain
Wish I could've pre-order one! It somehow slipped my mind the morning that pre-orders went live. I've been checking everywhere daily since then for both XBSX & XBSS and you can't find one. Sounds like limited supply is going to be an issue on release day as well. Might have to plan on waiting outside a store before they open on Nov 10 lol.

4x4x3 per pallet. hmm. wonder how many PS5 and XSS do per pallet. Also curious vs last gen. More is ideal, you can deliver to more people waiting post launch with the same space.

I suspect XSS will be 5x4x3. 60 vs 48.

4 layers of 12 pcs per layer. Thats not pocket change per device in freight cost.
I expect that pallet has been repacked, it got to be to small for container shipping

4 layers of 12 pcs per layer. Thats not pocket change per device in freight cost.
I expect that pallet has been repacked, it got to be to small for container shipping
always shocking they manage to move that many units in a single day globally when there's only 48 per pallet here. Nov 10+12 there will be 2+ million consoles ready to be moved directly into homes.

always shocking they manage to move that many units in a single day globally when there's only 48 per pallet here. Nov 10+12 there will be 2+ million consoles ready to be moved directly into homes.

I assume that the pallets inside the shipping containers are higher, since the containers are 2.59m tall. I would guess that you would get another layer or two on top.
The reason I belive that the pallet is repacked, is that the film looks to thin and there are no securing straps/bands or corner support on it. If you look in the background, there are taller pallets (not xsx pallets).

But if you look at the big containers, i would guess you get 24 pallets with 60 or 72 pcs on it. Or so in one container.
That would be 60 * 24 = 1440* or 72*24=1728 pcs per container, this is if its by ship. on planes it would be different I belive, ie no big containers, just pallets.

*evidence that all XSX games will run at 1440p

//edit
Caveat, logistics is not my thing, we have a warehouse guy to take care of that. :D

Last edited:
I assume that the pallets inside the shipping containers are higher, since the containers are 2.59m tall. I would guess that you would get another layer or two on top.
The reason I belive that the pallet is repacked, is that the film looks to thin and there are no securing straps/bands or corner support on it. If you look in the background, there are taller pallets (not xsx pallets).

But if you look at the big containers, i would guess you get 24 pallets with 60 or 72 pcs on it. Or so in one container.
That would be 60 * 24 = 1440* or 72*24=1728 pcs per container, this is if its by ship. on planes it would be different I belive, ie no big containers, just pallets.

*evidence that all XSX games will run at 1440p

//edit
Caveat, logistics is not my thing, we have a warehouse guy to take care of that. :D
I was always under the assumption that shipping containers were standard size; the one that goes in the 24 wheeler. Sort of crazy they have even bigger ones.

Back