Xbox Scorpio Hardware Prediction Thread [April 2017 Revision]

Can the B3D gestalt accurately predict Scorpio hardware?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, hard to read that Warren quote as anything but some tacit Zen admission. Or at the least, better than Jaguar (something between Jag and Zen like Excavator).

Oh btw he also said only specs today, but that they will surprise, and hinted we will see the physical console soon. Suggesting another reveal before E3.

Vega is in and it is indeed a giant leap (HBCC will be discussed)!

Vega, Jaguar, 12GB, no SSD

what are folks classifying as SSD given the Xbox one already has 8GB of flash storage that it uses for Xbox and apps, I expect this to continue to allow for the inclusion of a spinning disk but I believe flash storage will be present for OS at a minimum and may have a game cache partition similar to the original Xbox.

Wow, hard to read that Warren quote as anything but some tacit Zen admission. Or at the least, better than Jaguar (something between Jag and Zen like Excavator).

Oh btw he also said only specs today, but that they will surprise, and hinted we will see the physical console soon. Suggesting another reveal before E3.

It's hard to say from some of these journalists.

It's seems that it's increasingly looking like something that isn't Zen but better than Jaguar.

If MS has something like this

PS4-APU.png

but uses words like "data move engines" and markets it ("it's like having the power of the cloud, only now, in your CPU"), most of the people who are impressed on twitter would be peeing their pants from excitement.

I'm actually amazed that Zen is polling higher.
I kind of expected jaguar to be higher with people hoping for zen.
Wonder if poll would've been different if it had 1. bellow zen, 2. zen.

As maybe people consider jaguar to only be up clock, when there's area between jaguar and zen?

Next-generation will certainly have Zen, so why would AMD develop something custom for half a generation?
Jaguar or zen aren't the only options, there's other cat cores and excavator etc, anyway my point/musing was more so are people just thinking jaguar upclocked, and if a broader term was used would they have chosen that instead.

Yeah, the lack of options changed my response from what I expect to see to what I wanted. Had there been more options I probably wouldn't have selected Zen.

Tommy McClain

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay
I'm actually amazed that Zen is polling higher.
I kind of expected jaguar to be higher with people hoping for zen.
Wonder if poll would've been different if it had 1. bellow zen, 2. zen.

As maybe people consider jaguar to only be up clock, when there's area between jaguar and zen?

Zen makes sense, in that it offers performance and is power efficient. Only problem with Zen is the size, that there's no Zen based APU on the market yet and the price of course.

Next-generation will certainly have Zen, so why would AMD develop something custom for half a generation?
Because it would impulse Ryzen sales in the PC space. Tayloring 8 zen cores in a console would translate to better performing of multiplatform games in desktop Ryzens (above all being MS responsible for the Xbox and most gaming PCs OS).

Zen makes sense, in that it offers performance and is power efficient. Only problem with Zen is the size, that there's no Zen based APU on the market yet and the price of course.
I'm not making a case for zen or not. Lot's of cases for and against, which are being discussed.

That wasn't my musing. It was if it was worded differently if all those people would still have chosen zen, just a musing after seeing the current polling.

So much drama, so much fun, only 35 minutes to go if I'm not mistaken, you'll then know.
I won't speal the beans yet !

[QUOTE="ProspectorPete, post: 1975225, member: 90214"[/QUOTE]
]Next-generation will certainly have Zen, so next-generation ,you mean ps5 or xbox one next? apu with 8 core zen must go to the 7nm process

Last edited:
In my opinion MSFT should go away from generation and so offer closed box PC upgraded every once in a while.
So the best technical approach would be to embrace discrete parts, upgradable independantly.
now they will pass but it is not like they've decisionsthrough the xbox History are worse much talk, only the biggest pocket in the business saved the ass of the various managers of the division (with possible accountability tricks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back