Overwatch [PC] Blizzard

Played mainly with Lucio. My winrate is 60% with him, whereas I am happy with my other heros to even hit 50%.

Holy moly...stacking heros on console is really a pain. Still, people love to go with 4+ Torbs in defense...basically no chance.

Except for the very first time yesterday. I realized on Hanamura that the defense team had 5 Torbs (4 later...annoying Mei!).

I said...fuck, we lost. Buuuu. I went all in and said what the heck: Pharah. Her rockets are the only counter to the turrets (sniping with Widow is hard, because of line of sight).

We somehow got A. We fight for B and had no fucking chance. I got frustrated, shitty stacking! Last 30 sec. My ult is ready. I went straight in, full risk: a Reinhardt gave me shield, I ult: not sure why, but all freaking 4 turrets exploded, run into B, hiding directly at the wall in a corner. Took out a wounded Torb. Than just watched the objective B counter going up, last second: we won!!! I still cannot believe it.

What happened: I just sat there and no one showed up from the enemy team?

POTG revealed it: best Widowmaker in the world in our team. He freaking protected me like a pro: he sniped away 4 enemy heros right when they got out the spawn zone with headshots. Never saw such a fast precision on PS4....

Still, Torb as a single hero needs a buff, stacked Torb needs massive nerf imo...or all team players switch to Widow(good players only)/Pharah.

Last edited:
The thing is: Torb itself is kinda weak imo. Only when you stack him, he gets extremely strong in defense. If they nerf him generally, it will be bad imo.

They should implement a stacking penalty, as I have suggested. How can you balance the game otherwise: one Torb should be a good hero, 6 Torbs shouldn't be dominating...seems to be impossible??

But I am curious what they come up with!

For Lucio, I put jump on L2 and the sound blast on X button. Helps a lot to grind around and do the wall ride.

I wish, that Blizzard would allow multiple inputs for a single action: Let me use L3 and x for jumping for instance...I can use L3 for wall riding quite good, but sometimes it would be good to just hit X.

Currently L3 is not used.

I tried to play McCree a whole day...can't really seem to make him work.

To be precise: I nearly got overtime the POTG with him. This is super easy...just sneak behind the lines and activate the ult when you are behind all enemy hero...they often try to hide behind the load...which is right in your direction. However, POTG is uninteresting, I always felt that I did not contribute to the team. I typically stay close to the objective and defend the point or push the load. With McCree, it seemed to me that I am not a good team contributor...and in tight fights, when everyone is going havoc, I felt quite underpowered with him. He is imo good in a controlled game, where there is a clear defines and attack line, when you can sneak through and kill hero in duels. I let it rest a bit with him and maybe come back.

Lvl 48 now and only get shit from the Lootboxes! 3 white and two blue is the standard configuration...meh.

Blizzard, this system is really bad and customer unfriendly. They said: only stuff that makes fun stays in OW...well, the loot system is no fun. Do something.

Last edited:
Sounds like they should have gone with the real uniqueness of each character and only allowed 1 of each in a match. Randomize player character selection for fairness.

The thing is: Torb itself is kinda weak imo. Only when you stack him, he gets extremely strong in defense. If they nerf him generally, it will be bad imo.

They should implement a stacking penalty, as I have suggested. How can you balance the game otherwise: one Torb should be a good hero, 6 Torbs shouldn't be dominating...seems to be impossible??

But I am curious what they come up with!
Torb turret locks instantly. It shoots you before you can shoot back, even behind a corner. Team Fortress had a slight turret locking delay, meaning that characters could peek around the corner and shoot the turret quickly and get back behind the corner unharmed. If they implemented a tiny delay (~0.5 seconds), many additional characters could counter Torb turrets easily. Of course his gun/stats should be then improved to match the nerf. This would make him less OP in random matches (where the team doesn't cooperate), as most single characters could take unprotected turrets out.

Alternatively you could just add some abilities/weapons that shut down a whole room filled with turrets. For example D.Va could get an "EMP Grenade" (she has no secondary fire). Thrown it in a middle of the room filled with turrets. Grenade would have slow explode time (like her ultimate). On explosion everybody inside LOS gets their weapons jammed for short time (but not abilities or movement). ~3 seconds would be enough to rush in all kill most of the turrets. This ability would of course require at least a 30 second cooldown to prevent abuse. But good players would easily get behind cover (assuming that the grenade explode timer would be at least 3 seconds and there would be a warning sound). Mostly this would be good against turrets and Bastion. At least it would be a creative way to improve D.Va (as Blizzard said themselves that she needs a buff).

Alternatively, the new "support sniper" hero (Sombra) could have a poison gas grenade. It could create a cloud of gas that lasts for 10+ seconds. You could peek around the corner and throw that close to a turret (Torb needs to leave in order to stay alive -> turret is dead + Torb is damaged). If two turrets are near each other, you could kill them both.

I hadn't had problems with turrets (or Bastion) as I play Zarya. Peeking around corner works better for him, because she has double HP compared to Pharah, half of it is shield (that regenerates rapidly once you get out of combat for 3 seconds). My Barriers protect myself for 2 seconds of turret fire when activated, and each barrier guarantees a 50% power increase to my weapon (as the turrets don't stop shooting me). This makes my damage output agains turrets similar to Pharah's. Similarly if someone rushes to a room with turrets, my barrier gives me instantly 50% energy boost without even exposing myself. This allows my team mates to take cover (without dying) and go to side routes to flank their team. While I of course use my 100% charged gun to kill the turrets. Against Zarya, it really doesn't matter much whether the Torb is fixing the turret or not, because my projectiles do AOE damage, hurting both the turret and the Torb equally. If he does't leave soon, both will be dead. The only problem with Zarya is her relatively limited range. There are some spots in some maps where your grenades just don't reach the turrets from a perfectly safe spot (forcing you to move closer, exposing yourself to their other team members). At 100% energy Zarya wins 1 vs 1 fights easily, but still can't beat their whole team, unless the ultimate is ready. 100% energy + Zarya ultimate is a scary combo, and it happens repeatedly against Torb teams (turret loads your shields for free and is a easy damage sink to charge your ultimate).

Turrets are the biggest problems against new players. Blizzard could easily make this situation a little bit better by adding a clear warning sound when the turret sees you. This would allow you to react sooner and get behind the cover. This would also help console players (who need more reaction time as the aim is slower). Currently Torb is much better on consoles.
For Lucio, I put jump on L2 and the sound blast on X button. Helps a lot to grind around and do the wall ride.

I wish, that Blizzard would allow multiple inputs for a single action: Let me use L3 and x for jumping for instance...I can use L3 for wall riding quite good, but sometimes it would be good to just hit X.

Currently L3 is not used.
I am using right stick press for jumping on PS4. Sounds awkward but I have improved my wall ride skills remarkably since I switched the button. Also I notice that my Zarya now stays alive better, since I am bunny hopping a lot more. My kill/death ratio has almost doubled during the last week. Dying with Zarya is always a big setback, as you need to collect back all the lost energy. Without high energy Zarya is highly vulnerable in 1 vs 1 fights (as your damage output is slow and you cannot escape from anybody, because you are the slowest hero and have zero movement abilities).

Last edited:
Nice ideas! I like the delay idea! I hope they come up with a smart way. Right now, the turrets have a lot of energy (I need 2-3 rockets to take one out, depending on the number of direct hits: so, fighting from afar which you have to, counting the travel time of the rockets...it takes a long time to take out one turret).

Also, the EMP functionality would be quite cool. Nice.

I also tested L3 to jump. Works also quite good for me. I am still experimenting which setup is the best for me. I like it on L2 right now, as Pharah also uses L2 to hover...so my muscle memory is not overloaded :mrgreen:

I agree with Zarya being good agains turrets in general. But imo, you can easily take out one turret with Zarya. But if they are placed such that 2 or 3 turrets fire at you at the same time when you try to take out one...you even instantly die with Zarya. Note, that with Zarya, her plasma grenade also travels quite long...so it again takes some time to take out a single turret (hoping that a Torb does not repair it).

Yesterday, some great games with Pharah. Very close or most of the won. I still need to train using her ult. At one time I even managed to explode myself into heaven! But sometimes it works so well that I can take out nearly the whole team...

I agree with Zarya being good agains turrets in general. But imo, you can easily take out one turret with Zarya. But if they are placed such that 2 or 3 turrets fire at you at the same time when you try to take out one...you even instantly die with Zarya. Note, that with Zarya, her plasma grenade also travels quite long...so it again takes some time to take out a single turret (hoping that a Torb does not repair it).
In most cases you can peek slightly around a corner and kill turrets one after each other. You don't need direct hits. You can shoot right next to the turret (same works with Bastion) to do AOE damage without fully exposing yourself. It is important to first use the personal barrier to get Zarya weapon energy up (you can shoot the first 2-3 projectiles while the barrier is up). Otherwise her grenades will not be good enough vs turret + Torb repairing it. After the barrier is used up, strafe repeatedly peeking around a corner. One grenade per peek. This greatly reduces the turret damage to Zarya, but she still does full damage to the turret (+ Torb next to the turret repairing it). This strategy relies on you being near maximum energy, but it's not a hard thing to do if you are fighting against multiple Torbs, since the turrets don't stop shooting at your and your team mates (a projected barrier to team mate + a personal barrier for you = 100% charge).

Of course if Torb's team has a good composition (not 5 Torb + a random healer), including Reapers and Tracers to harass you while you try to kill the turrets, then things get more complicated. But that's what's supposed to happen. If the enemy plays a good team game, and your team doesn't, then you are supposed to lose.

I am also surprised how good Lucio is against Bastion and turrets (at long range). His main weapon does 64 damage per burst (4 bullets). His bullets have infinite range and no damage reduction by range. One clip = 5 burts (320 damage). When you get noticed, you shoot one burst and get around the corner + repeat. With amplified healing you will survive and get your health back rapidly.

Thinking about Hanamura, capturing point A. What is your strategy with Zarya (or any other hero) to take out multiple turrets? They are often hidden a bit and difficult to hit (although they hit you perfectly). Then, there are a lot of them: with Zarya you have to go through the gate which is a brutal choke point imo. Even with Pharah you cannot fly around easily as you are a simple target.

How do you deal with Hanamura and stacked Torbs?

I agree: I really like Lucio for "sniping" far away stationary enemies...it really works well. Only that I have the feeling if a Torb repairs the turret, it repair speed is faster than the DPS a Lucio can dish out...so imo this doesn't work in this case. Same with Bastion: I have the feeling that his self-repair rate is higher than the DPS Lucio can dish out.

But still, it is very good to mock them and keep them busy, while hopefully the others can take them out or do other important stuff without getting destroyed. That is why I like Lucios primary weapon so much, it can travel across the map with ease...I even managed to snipe a (bad) widowmaker one time :)

Also, yesterday got a rare POTG with Lucio...I pushed three enemies over the map (was hilarious as they all rushed down the stairs to capture the objective in the last second in this Nepal map and I waited behind the stairs for exactly this to happen to blast them away)...lol, it was great. It would have been even 4 kills if this bastard Genji didn't double jump back to the map...but got destroyed by me and a road hog.

So far, these are my heros I mainly play (or say, I play well and can contribute to the team):

- Lucio (by far the strongest, gold medals all the way)
- Pharah
- Zarya
- and especially Junkrat (second strongest...you can put so much pressure on the enemy team by constantly spamming the grenades...especially in joke points, there is no chance for the other team...imo Junkrat is the single best hero atm).

This means that for each role, I have now a good option available and can mess around during the game.

Others I am ok-ish with, but have the feeling I do not contribute so much to the objective are

- Roadhog (he is more like a stealth tank imo, which sounds insane)
- McCree (getting POTG is easy imo)
- Soldier 76 (is more support and fights from long distances...is the killer against Pharah, I completely shut down Pharah's with him...especially his ult)
- Torb (if stacked, I feel bad as a cheater)

The heros I wanted to master (which seems to be super strong when others play them, but I insta die all the time when I try them) are

- Tracer (can mess up the whole team if played by a pro)
- Mei...annoying as fuck to play against!
- Reinhardt (a good Reinhardt leads every team to victory imo)
- Zenyatta (god dam it, I once had an enemy that completely messed us up with Zennyatta...the very definition of a glass cannon!)

The best thing about this game: when you change the hero...it is basically like a completely new game. It really feels fresh to me! This is astounding and quite cool.

Thinking about Hanamura, capturing point A. What is your strategy with Zarya (or any other hero) to take out multiple turrets? They are often hidden a bit and difficult to hit (although they hit you perfectly). Then, there are a lot of them: with Zarya you have to go through the gate which is a brutal choke point imo. Even with Pharah you cannot fly around easily as you are a simple target.

How do you deal with Hanamura and stacked Torbs?
Hanamura ending area is problematic. If the turrets are placed above (behind) the ending area, Zarya cannot reach them from the doorway. You can however barrier yourself + one team mate and get through the doorway unharmed in order to flank from below (and at the same time fill your energy 100%). But this is not good if they have Junkrat (spamming grenades to the down floor) or good close combat heroes (McCree jumping next to you -> flashbang combo). If they are mostly immobile (Torbs + Bastions + support), you can kill the turrets / Bastion by going through the low route and peeking in/out at stairs.

Not practical, but you could always try this to flank them from the balcony :)
https://gfycat.com/GiantAgedEarthworm

I have found that D.Va's self destruct solves this kind of scenarios pretty well. Booster throw that mech in the middle of the room. Everyone rushes in to the room right after the mech explodes.
I agree: I really like Lucio for "sniping" far away stationary enemies...it really works well. Only that I have the feeling if a Torb repairs the turret, it repair speed is faster than the DPS a Lucio can dish out...so imo this doesn't work in this case. Same with Bastion: I have the feeling that his self-repair rate is higher than the DPS Lucio can dish out.

But still, it is very good to mock them and keep them busy, while hopefully the others can take them out or do other important stuff without getting destroyed. That is why I like Lucios primary weapon so much, it can travel across the map with ease...I even managed to snipe a (bad) widowmaker one time :)
I have killed plenty of turrets and Bastions with Lucio. Usually they are preoccupied with shooting somebody else (closer to them). I have also used my speed boost + wall ride to climb to Widowmakers and killed them in close combat. Just keep bunny hopping like crazy (also from walls) and circle around them. Seems to work well on PS4 at least (my controller sensitivity is at 60, allowing me to turn rapidly).
Also, yesterday got a rare POTG with Lucio...I pushed three enemies over the map (was hilarious as they all rushed down the stairs to capture the objective in the last second in this Nepal map and I waited behind the stairs for exactly this to happen to blast them away)...lol, it was great. It would have been even 4 kills if this bastard Genji didn't double jump back to the map...but got destroyed by me and a road hog.
So much fun. I have seen a video where Roadhog grappled and dropped Lucio to the Ilios Well. Lucio wall rode in circles and got out. Roadhog did it again, and Lucio wall rode up again, and jumped over Hog to push him down to the well with his alt fire. It was epic :D

4 Zarya + 2 Lucio annihilates turret stacking.

The idea is that Zarya wants to be shot and turrets will shoot her when enemies won't/shouldn't (when she is shielded). Half her HP regens by itself and the other is covered by Lucio.

Lucio also there to speed boost past choke points.

Last edited:
4 Zarya + 2 Lucio annihilates turret stacking.

The idea is that Zarya wants to be shot and turrets will shoot her when enemies won't/shouldn't (when she is shielded). Half her HP regens by itself and the other is covered by Lucio.

Lucio also there to speed boost past choke points.
Bonus points for seeing the Bastion before he dies :)

Back