Overwatch [PC] Blizzard

The new character balance hit console.

Unfortunately, McCree is dead now for me. The nerf far outweighs the buff. It seems one needs quite high skill to play him well.

I'll gonna give Ana a chance. She got buffed...I like her very strategic based play.

Just have to post this POM I got today, I don't think I've ever laughed so much during game :devilish:

Was great match otherwise too, took all 5 rounds, last round was 99 v 99 'till we won it, got over 25k healing on Lúcio.

Also, what should I use to record these clips?
I tried NVIDIAs GameStream-thingys (GFE version 3.02.196), first it said the game isn't supported, and then it refused to say or do anything anymore. Windows's built-in Game DVR recorded the clip, but at obscure 36 FPS and shitty quality (later found that the quality can be improved from xbox app settings, not sure if it improves FPS too), but it didn't record sound for whatever reason, even though it's set up to do so. Also, for whatever reason, YouTube made 48 FPS video out from the 36 FPS video

I logged on to play for the first time in 2 weeks and b.net indicates some faggots are DDoSing them. Goddamn neckbeard 4chan virgin dicklickers.

Last edited:
Back at rank 53. Also the first time I went with McCree for competitive...he is almost my fav hero to play, but due to him relying so much on aiming, I am very inconsistent with him. Best round ever! After this, worst round ever with literally no kill. I need to train more with him. Finally got his American olympia skin.

Btw, I wish Blizzard would introduce a new Quickplay mode on top, which has the competitive rules. To have a chance to train heros in realistic conditions: played yesterday Quickgame and got 4 Genjis on the other team. Meh, no chance to train for competitive.

Apparently, season 1 closes on 17th of August.

Furthermore, the highest rank achieved counts at the end, not the current rank.
My highest so far is 55, currently just at 54.

Reaching a golden gun with 300 wins...is extreme! I only have 31 wins :(

Was great match otherwise too, took all 5 rounds, last round was 99 v 99 'till we won it, got over 25k healing on Lúcio.
We had a similar round... Tied 2-2 wins, one of them was at 99/99 overtime. The last sudden death round was also 99/99 overtime... and we lost. Great match overall. Got 41 kills as Lucio (my record so far) and 20k+ healing.

My record in environmental kills is 7 in a single match. Got a PotG in that match (3 env kills + one regular). I believe it's the only PotG I have ever got as Lucio :)

Anyone knows how skill rating works? I am doing it wrong, that is certain:

won 2 matches, lost 2...went from 54 to 52 in rank?!?!?

yesterday, lost the first...my rank dropped 3,5 bars down to 51. Then won 3 in a row and I am now only mid 52, as I won about 1,5 bars each only.

What am I doing wrong? I am really confused about the skill rating system!

Anyone knows how skill rating works? I am doing it wrong, that is certain:

won 2 matches, lost 2...went from 54 to 52 in rank?!?!?

yesterday, lost the first...my rank dropped 3,5 bars down to 51. Then won 3 in a row and I am now only mid 52, as I won about 1,5 bars each only.

What am I doing wrong? I am really confused about the skill rating system!
There's some dark magic behind it, but generally how much you gain and lose depends a lot on the opposing teams ranks. And for same rank, you always lose more than you can win, I think.

Back