Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1h2sn6.png

:(

I want in too :p

Last edited:
so they could have met the original march release date after all?

Nah, games usually go gold a month or so before release, takes time to print the copies/ce editions and distribute across the world. Also usually a good window for advertising and patching any bugs left (day 1 patches). U4 is an anomaly going gold so early though, same with Quantum Break.

Nah, games usually go gold a month or so before release, takes time to print the copies/ce editions and distribute across the world. Also usually a good window for advertising and patching any bugs left (day 1 patches). U4 is an anomaly going gold so early though, same with Quantum Break.

not ND games, they usually go gold a week launch, irc that happened to U2 and 3; ND even said they have the habit of doing that.

I do not want to turn this discussion into a Crysis discussion (no matter how much Scofield would like that :p ), so this is the only thing I'm going to say about it.

You are incorrect about the console version looking better. It had lower resolution textures, missing effects and props, among other things. Not really surprising, considering Crysis was ahead of its time, and was very demanding even on high-end PCs, so there was no way it could run like that on last-gen consoles.

This comparison video is a bit unfair in that regard. The Xbox 360 version is running at sub HD (meaning less than 720p), whereas the PC version is running at full 1080p. Also the Xbox One version in that video seems to have been captured with crushed blacks (i.e. RGB level mismatch).

If the Xbox 360 version would run at full 1080p and would be shown with proper black levels, it surely would hold up a lot better to the PC version.

It would be really nice if Crytek would release the Xbox 360/PS3 version of Crysis for the PC as well. Or even better remaster it once again on the brand new CRYENGINE V with Vulkan and/or DX12 support and release it for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. And do Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 as well while being at it.

not ND games, they usually go gold a week launch, irc that happened to U2 and 3; ND even said they have the habit of doing that.

This isn't your typical ND game though, they've delayed U4 3 times and the game is in development for almost 4 years. Last gen they released a game every 2 years.

This isn't your typical ND game though, they've delayed U4 3 times and the game is in development for almost 4 years. Last gen they released a game every 2 years.

thats why I said they could have stick to the early schedule, like literally release it next friday.

There wouldn't be that many copies out if they launched next Friday. You do know that Neil Druckmann burns all the Blu-ray discs himself using the sun and a magnifying glass?

damn, that guy pushing everyone out of their jobs even the disc manufactures. Probably cases and covers too.

That disk art is a HUGE graphical downgrade from past games by ND. It only says U4, what about "A thief's end"? No point in rushing the thing if the end result is gonna be that lousy. I think they should drop this hand-made production system and do it like everyone else. If Bruce Straley is droping the ball that bad on the disk art, how can I know Neil Druckmann isn't fucking up the burning. Data is gonna come up all corrupted and shit. More like Neil Drunkman. Fuck sony. Tomb Raider xbox (timed) excluisive FTW.

I may buy it on Blu-ray but I never buy special editions. Blu-ray or digital. Grrr!.

I also ordered the disc version, but agreed it makes less and less sense:

- You need the disc in the PS4 to play a game (cumbersome)
- Patches get bigger and bigger, so what is the point of an install via disc to save download times.
- No guarantee you can play the game on releas day.

?

Can you name PS4 games that were unplayable without day1 patch? I can only think about The Evil Within which had performance issues. But 99.99% offline games run fine if you don't patch them.

Can you name PS4 games that were unplayable without day1 patch? I can only think about The Evil Within which had performance issues. But 99.99% offline games run fine if you don't patch them.
As Clukos said it's about release day availability. There used to be loads of places to buy videos games where I live and work but now I actually have to travel some. That or trust day 1 release delivery, which to be fair, is generally pretty good with Amazon UK. Everything I've bought has arrived on the day (albeit not until the afternoon or evening) or early. But there is a first time for everything :runaway:

now im leaning towards digital download, despite in my PSN there is no pre-order. So i only can download it at Day-1. But its still faster than waiting for the store to get physical stock and mail it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back