Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre ordered from PSN. This is a game I know I never want to sell, so no point of a disc. I want it installed and playable all the time.

They also have that digital deluxe for something like +15 extra and i know i'm going to spend lots of time on multi and definitely buying the story dlc as well. But i also want that steelbook :|

I pre ordered from PSN. This is a game I know I never want to sell, so no point of a disc. I want it installed and playable all the time.
Mostly I buy games on disc so I can uninstall them and re-install them quickly or so I can lend them to friends. Uncharted and The Last of Us are franchises I play once or twice a year but where I don't want 50Gb of HDD space per game permanently allocated.

They also have that digital deluxe for something like +15 extra and i know i'm going to spend lots of time on multi and definitely buying the story dlc as well. But i also want that steelbook :|
OH ya, I got the Digital Deluxe edition :D . No point missing out on the story DLC after Left Behind. Although I wonder what it will contain considering they keep saying its the end of Drake's story :-/ !

- No guarantee you can play the game on releas day.

now im leaning towards digital download, despite in my PSN there is no pre-order. So i only can download it at Day-1. But its still faster than waiting for the store to get physical stock and mail it
Mostly I buy games on disc so I can uninstall them and re-install them quickly or so I can lend them to friends. Uncharted and The Last of Us are franchises I play once or twice a year but where I don't want 50Gb of HDD space per game permanently allocated.

Hmm, I can lend digital fames to friends using account sharing. But then I won't be able to buy it using my primary psn account because I already self-share it using my guest account.

Argh. About permanent hdd space. That is also a good point.

I'm not gonna keep playing it for years like Destiny.

Playstation twitter made a woopsie, i think they are supposed to release this tomorrow but i got a picture from the -now deleted- tweet :p

1s1xes.png

Nevermind, video is up

As expected, filled with PR fluff and a surprising amount of recycled footage from E3/PSX. There's some new stuff there but not much :p

Last edited:
Playstation twitter made a woopsie, i think they are supposed to release this tomorrow but i got a picture from the -now deleted- tweet :p

Good catch! I don't want to diminish what seems like an impressive claim (10x bigger levels) but I can't think of any really big levels in Uncharted. The levels were often quite deceptively compact compared to the Tomb Raider games. I think the Uncharted games used physical space within the levels really well but that areas often felt like that backed on each other and many stretches were just 'corridors'.

Bearing in mind things like the train level in Uncharted 2 wasn't a massive level but a ton of very clever fakery. The making video for the game explains all the hassle they had to go through to make it work.

The shipyard in Uncharted 3 stands out as feeling huge but actually isn't. The same can be said for The Last of Us. That's not knocking the games - just filling games with more space doesn't make the better at all. Look at Just Cause 3 which is filled with far too much space IMHO.

It's just PR talk, "bigger textures" "bigger levels" "better looking characters" all these are unquantifiable. I didn't expect more from these videos, usually tech talk is kept solely for GDC/SIGGRAPH presentations.

The only things that matter from that video are these:
  • Scanned materials
  • Big explorable levels
  • Pacing still the focus
  • Cutting edge animations
  • 11 outfits for Drake in the single player
And i have to say i'm not enjoying these as much as i did with Grounded for TLOU (primarily watching them for the new footage). I hope they still have some behind the scenes stuff left after these 5 episodes.

Last edited:
It's just PR talk, "bigger textures" "bigger levels" "better looking characters" all these are unquantifiable.
I think saying the levels are 10x larger is very quantifiable: it's ten times larger! :yes: I don't believe it's PR. I can't think of any really huge areas in any of their PS3 games but the areas they've shown thus far are huge by Uncharted/TLoU standards and, unlike the endless train, not a bunch of cats taped together. I.e. it's not faked, it's an actual environment you can explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back