Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

wow CE looks more interesting when glitched out

Seriously, the only boss that aggresively attack and taunts the player is only Archon Priest. This Glitched Crota is awesome, he's like the Hive's Archon Priest.

Yeah, you can't beat fatebringer for thrawls.

I keep icebreaker and hunger of crota for all parts of crota. For the 1st part, I use fatebringer. Bridge part I use devil you don't (mine has field scout/13 clip). It does slightly more damage than fatrbringer, but no firefly.
For deathsinger and crota, I use another nitc or voc, depending what I feel like using.

I am afraid that weapon is gone.. Please prove me wrong Xur
Seems to me that he's selling Ice Breaker and Black Hammer this weekend (going by Gaf's Destiny community). I still can't see him anywhere though.

Is it worth getting this over an armour? I have no legendary helmet/chest armour. I think I can get an armour from Iron Banner if I play 12-13 more games but I don't have time as I am doing my finals.

Edit: Yea he's near the crucible vendor.

Last edited:
blackhammer? xur now selling legendaries? awesome. i need vanilla black hammer without the extra damage vs hive perk

Whoa! The fuvker brought IB when I spent all ma coins on the Last Word last week !!!!! :mad:
Damn u Xur!

Quick veterans, how do I get 5 strange coins fast ?!?!

Also, did the bugger bring the Hawkmoon for upgrade too?

I keep icebreaker and hunger of crota for all parts of crota. For the 1st part, I use fatebringer. Bridge part I use devil you don't (mine has field scout/13 clip). It does slightly more damage than fatrbringer, but no firefly.
For deathsinger and crota, I use another nitc or voc, depending what I feel like using.

Fatebringer sucks for thralls :D

Maybe not sucks, but I dont even like it as much as a scout. It feels so slow. You have to like come to a complete stop to shoot anything. Not good in CE. Plus a slow rate of fire is the antitheses of what you want on thrall.

Vex pwns it on thralls.

Pay attention in raids, most will be using Vex on that first part. Heck I think 5/6 of us were on this last one.

It's also best for 2nd part (bridge) too.

Firefly=most overrated perk.

Was playing more with vex just now, really is a monster.

Man I was stacking up the bounties, glimmer, and spirit bloom on Venus. So fun.

Xur's selling IB. Booo :(.

I bought a 2nd for my 2nd char. Would go a long way towards making him autonomous, although I'm not sure that's really accomplish-able since you will always probably need to trade inventory, so you might as well trade weapons too. Besides all that I tend to always be leveling stuff up, so I trade whatever I'm currently leveling between chars too.

At least not until bungie does a revamp of the vault system, which would be great.

Last edited:

No particular way unless you haven't done the weekly yet. Best try is go for vanguard levels or cryptarch levels if you are near them, and grind strike playlist for blues. Some of them turn into coins. 5 seems achievable.

If you need 5 more for IB, do it at all cost :D

Yeah, I use that combo on the 2nd half too. Hunger of Crota is just what I hoped, a rock solid alternative to Gjallahorn when you cant Gjallahorn. Vast upgrade over my previous leg RL, Hezens Vengeance.

Gjallahorn opened my eyes again recently, soloing the weekly I was having trouble with the blue shielded captains on that part where Dinkle is hacking. Mainly when two come. I tried many combos, I have an arc RL I thought would be great...not really. I tried a quick shot with IB to weaken their shields then hit em with Badger. Then I tried the same thing with P&T for the shot/s before badger, hoping the arc damage would be more effective. I tried various combos involving hunger of crota, badger, and/or golden gun. I tried just badger only (surprisingly effective for a primary). In the end I thought I'd try gally...yep, by FAR the most effective (probably only truly effective) means to dispatch them. The secondary missiles being homing just kill...

Kind of weird across two raids I didn't get a single raid gear this week. In fact the only non mat I got this week was Black Hammer.

I thought the new raid gave out gear like candy....

Oh well I got like 20 shards, vs like 5 energy IIRC, I'm fairly content. It's only to make my 2nd 32 so no rush. I could run it on my third but nah...my plan is to only use that guy to rush to the highest level when an expansion comes.

When House of Wolves comes which wont be long actually, I'm going to mad sprint to 34 with 3 at my disposal again...:runaway:

blackhammer? xur now selling legendaries? awesome. i need vanilla black hammer without the extra damage vs hive perk

Bungie already disabled that perk til they fix it. It's in the newest patch notes.

Debating whether to upgrade Plan C this week, and Suros when I can, or just wait until they drop for me again since I dont care that much anyway and glimmer is usually scarce these days. Currently have about 12k glimmer, but I added it up and to fully up one single raid gear costs like almost 5k glimmer.

Whoa! The fuvker brought IB when I spent all ma coins on the Last Word last week !!!!! :mad:
Damn u Xur!

Also, did the bugger bring the Hawkmoon for upgrade too?

1. Farm blue engrams on this spot (or any other fave spots)

2. return engrams to Cryptarch for chance of Strrange Coins

Fatebringer sucks for thralls :D

Maybe not sucks, but I dont even like it as much as a scout. It feels so slow. You have to like come to a complete stop to shoot anything. Not good in CE. Plus a slow rate of fire is the antitheses of what you want on thrall.

Fatebringer is by far the single most used weapon in the raid for thralls from what I've seen. There is a reason most of the videos of people soloing the raid use it. Unlike a scout it is one of the few weapons you can fire from the hip at full speed and get headshots with. A single headshot can and will take out the entire pack of thralls following you. A non-headshot will still get 2-3. I am with Strange and djskribbles on this one. Rate of fire isn't important when you only need to shoot 2-3 times every thrall spawn to kill all of the thralls that spawn. I also don't get the complete stop thing. Most of the time I am firing from the hip, and do that without stopping. Even when I'm not firing from the hip I run at full speed. Hand cannons have a wider field of view and so are much easier to fire with on the move than scouts when scoping (scouts generally have a higher zoom, but that results in less FoV). I would say for mobility hand cannons and shotguns are king. The only real downside to a hand cannon is reload - but on that count Vex isn't much better. You would be better off with a large clip auto. I cannot think of a single reason to use Vex over Fatebringer for the first part.

Where exactly is this? Works in patrol ? Also, can u guys sign in ?

First zone when you zone into cosmodrome on patrol. The building in the middle where you go down to find the map in the second story mission (it is also connected to the 3 elite hive spawn). Note that the triggers now also include the Blade of Crota, so if you get bad timing you end up having to run up every 2 clears or so to clear hive and/or the ship drops. This isn't a great spot to farm blues if you want them. If you want blues, run roc strikes. You are guarenteed 2-4 blues per run, which with a good group take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. So you can get upwards of 20 blues an hour. This spot is however great for certain bounties. For example, kill 2 or more enemies with a fusion rifle. This spot is great because you can get 3 two mob kills every time you go up (although I usually only get 2 because I'll hit 3 with one shot). It is also good for the kill multiple enemies with your super. It has the advantage over the moon mission of not having to die at the right time. You can definitely solo it. I actually don't like to have more than myself there when I'm doing it. Other people don't always know the trigger spawns and mess it up.

Back