All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patcher was wrong.

qrxilb.png

zhilqe.gif

PS4 sold ~190k in Aug, so max ~570k in September. Impressive! Predictions here were much more conservative.

Is there any chance they sold 1.5mil worldwide in September?

xWJCW4k.png

^ I cant wait to read MS PR release about "Xbox Family" now. I'm sure it will have several examples of very creative wording. :D

@iansherr
Also interesting, PlayStation says PS Plus members more than doubled since Destiny launch (Crucible a possible reason?) #NPD

WiiU ~90k
3DS ~140k

3DS Smash 750k
Hyrule 190k

edit - ah shame, bundled Destiny games with PS4 were not counted:

1413494016360eknl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony PR.
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced that September 2014 marked the biggest month ever for PlayStation Store revenue in the Americas, led by the launch of Destiny from Activision and Bungie. Destiny broke PlayStation Network sales records across several categories, taking the top spot for pre-orders, day one sales, and week one sales. One month after the game’s launch, engagement among PlayStation fans continues to soar, as Destiny is the most-played title on PS4 with 125 million hours of gameplay. According to Activision internal estimates, the PS4 system is the #1 platform worldwide for Destiny based on units sold through as of October 4, 2014.“ September 2014 was a record-breaking month for PlayStation’s digital business, thanks in large part to the success of Destiny,” said Eric Lempel, vice president of Sony Network Entertainment International.

“Last month’s PlayStation Store revenue increased nearly 90 percent compared with Sept. 2013. Working closely with Activision and Bungie, we wanted to make the launch of Destiny a special experience for PlayStation fans. We’re thrilled to see this high engagement from PS4 and PS3 owners.”

In addition, the PS4 sold more copies of every EA Sports game released last month than any other system and was the largest console for Destiny

That last part was a jab at MS... :yep2:

Destiny sold more on XBO? Wow. After all the talk about how associated with PS4 the game was...and given XBO's significant install base disadvantage.

Amazon strikes again (although PS4 version is higher on Amazon IIRC, it was very close and XBO version was ahead some days).

Weird that Sony didn't mention PS4 being #1 in their PR...when I read their PR I figured XBO had won because they made no mention of it.

Very good for PS4, the first healthy+ number for them in a while. Which would be the case if my "displaced, not missing" demand theory was true.

Now need XBO hardware sales...to see if they are strong also.

I know you know.. but...

MS gave away Destiny for a week while NPD doesn't count the white PS4 bundle of Destiny, which was probably another 150-200k.

Destiny sold more on XBO? Wow. After all the talk about how associated with PS4 the game was...and given XBO's significant install base disadvantage.

No.
According to Activision internal estimates, the PS4 system is the #1 platform worldwide for Destiny based on units sold through as of October 4, 2014.“

For WW obviously PS4 will lead in Destiny sales but for the US I guess it's close even counting the bundle. Digital throws another variable into the equation of course :)

One week of freebies as well...

Edit: This dude needs to quit.

Pachter:

Yeah, people really like those white PS4s ;-)

PS4 was up by almost threefold. I’m not sure what triggered that, didn’t find the Destiny bundle that compelling (it was only a $10 discount), and the fifth week implied that sales would be up by 25%. I get that September is seasonally stronger than August, so I suppose I should have gone to 375 – 400k, but I would never have gone to over 500k. I’m still surprised by that figure

Last edited by a moderator:
MS PR
“We believe this will be one of our biggest holiday seasons ever. We’re offering great Xbox One bundles aligned with the most anticipated game launches of the year, including ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity,’ ‘Sunset Overdrive’ and ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare,’ and incredible deals for fans. Combined with blockbusters like ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection,’ ‘Grand Theft Auto 5,’ ‘Destiny’ and ‘Forza Horizon 2,’ we are committed to making Xbox One a great place to play this holiday.”

Very telling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back