Nintendo Events E3 2013

So the big Nintendo franchises aren't coming out this year?

Did they explain why?
I think they didn't, but maybe they don't have to. As long as Iwata is the CEO of the company Nintendo are going to live in the past forever.

Just look at this photo from the E3 2013. Iwata's stoical position looking at the camera and the empty background. OMG! :smile:

He looks like he is in a procession more than an event where you should be having/offering some fun.

650x.jpg

Watching Iwata talk in these videos is so incredibly strange because the image is always deliberately framed to cut off his hands, and he doesn't move his arms AT ALL except to do that "direct to you" gesture (and an involuntary jerk every once in a blue moon.) He looks like a mannekin dressed in a black suit. Very weird.

Nintendo's problem is that they never get their games bloody finished on time, every single of these Iwata Direct videos I've watched he has apologised for game-this-and-that 'needing more time' and ending up pushed back months as a result, together with alienation of third parties. Nintendo doesn't have enough internal and first-party development capacity to fill a decent wuu line-up.

They COULD have; they have billions in the bank. But like Apple they're not spending any money, they just sit on it. Maybe tossing it over their heads and let it rain down again, Scrooge McDuck-style. (Heck, isn't that monolithic Nintendo HQ building in Kyoto kind of moneybin-like in appearance on a spiritual level at least...? :D)

So the big Nintendo franchises aren't coming out this year?

Did they explain why?

This year there will be these at least these exclusives:

- Pikimin
- The Wonderfull 101
- Wii U Party
- Wii Fit U
- Super Mario 3D World
- DonKey Kong
- Zelda WW HD
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Luigi

There may be more unannounced ones (they are working on a f2p to be released till may, so who know what Nintendo does :???:) or others that I don't recall.

Not a bad line up at all, but given the price of the console I think it will still struggle, personally I will not buy it at this price (and I like both the gamepad and the wii remote!).

This year there will be these at least these exclusives:

- Pikimin
- The Wonderfull 101
- Wii U Party
- Wii Fit U
- Super Mario 3D World
- DonKey Kong
- Zelda WW HD
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Luigi

There may be more unannounced ones (they are working on a f2p to be released till may, so who know what Nintendo does :???:) or others that I don't recall.

Not a bad line up at all, but given the price of the console I think it will still struggle, personally I will not buy it at this price (and I like both the gamepad and the wii remote!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Super Mario 3d world.. So nice :)

Super Mario 3d world.. So nice :)

I'm disapointed with the look of the game. It seems fun and all, but why have your biggest franchise look so bad?
Galaxy and 3d land nailed the graphics and art direction of a mario game on wii and 3ds. Why does this look worse? Technically it's doing a lot of fancy stuff, but it doesn't come together with art to form a cohesive eye pleasing picture. It looks like early XBLA games that didn't now what to do with DX9 programable shaders and had extremelly artificial aesthetics.

Music though, is excellent. Jazz is THE music style for Mario. Great job.

I'm disapointed with the look of the game. It seems fun and all, but why have your biggest franchise look so bad?

Seems a bit much... What were you expecting (or rather, what did you find "so bad") :?: :???: (haven't played the wii or 3ds games)

edit:

Actually, looking at Mario(s)'s shadow behaviour, I think I see what you mean. :p (character shadow from invisible light above the character). It's somewhat reminiscient of certain UE3 games like Gears 1. Good high res shadow, but completely separate from the environment conditions.

Game looks great to me, visually anyway. Hope it is 1080P, unlike SMBU. Not that I really care if it's true HD rez or not, mario gameplay has worn itself out on me, I haven't finished a single mario game since the N64 days.

Nobody's posted anything about the latest firmware. You can DISplay wii games on the wuupad, but you can't play them, since they require the wiimote. Bahhhh... Lol. I was so excited to play Metroid Prime with the pro pad, until I read that the buttons and sticks on wuu peripherals don't work and got REALLY bummed out, and then when I calmed down again I realized that they CAN'T work - ever, really - due to the wacko input method of the wuu. Meh.

Oh well.

And yeah, it still takes ages to move in and out of the system apps and home screen. What the hell is so hard to fix about that, they have reserved a fukin GIGABYTE of RAM to buffer stuff in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy and 3d land nailed the graphics and art direction of a mario game on wii and 3ds. Why does this look worse? Technically it's doing a lot of fancy stuff, but it doesn't come together with art to form a cohesive eye pleasing picture. It looks like early XBLA games that didn't now what to do with DX9 programable shaders and had extremelly artificial aesthetics.

Music though, is excellent. Jazz is THE music style for Mario. Great job.

I think it's a bit soft looking, but I blame the video apart from that I am thrilled about the way these games look. When the ps4 is out of Lego games I will be eagerly awaiting a wii u price drop.

One thing I noticed when I went over the Nintendo videos on YouTube, it's like they forgot the tablet controller, it hardly, if at all, featured in the videos.

Nintendo wii 2ds incoming? :)

Back