Nintendo Events E3 2013

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Reserved thread for the official Nintendo E3 Events on Monday June 10, 2013 through Thursday June 13th, 2013.

This thread is for discussion of items announced at the E3 event.

Keep it civil.
There will be no comparison to other systems.

The Nintendo Direct is on Tuesday June 11th, 2013, starting at 10:00am EDT/07:00am PDT/02:00pm GMT. [Check the Event time in your location here]

Live Coverage
Nintendo: http://e3.nintendo.com/

LiveBlog Coverage

Great game, but not to many and many of them not soon.

No Price cut :(:cry:

With a good price cut I think they could stand a chance, but this way I fear not.

Anyway really great games.

Thread is a 1/2 hour late, with 1 post, a fraction of the views and personifies why other forums feel B3D as a whole has a clear bias against the Wii U. Seriously guys, at least put in a little effort. :LOL:

YouTube Replay Links:

US

JP

seems like nintendo is really positioning this as the kiddy/fun system. too bad it's 349.

the graphics all looked like 360 except maybe x, that looked good, hell tbh i'm not sure if you squinted you might compare it to xb1/ps4 games, at first glance anyway

The system just became a must have for me. Smash brothers and Mario kart are still games we get together to play. Not just online but at each other's houses for tournments .

The only problem is it just became a must have for holiday 2014 and only with a price drop . $350 is still to much for this as $50 more gets me a ps4 and $150 more gets me a xbox one

I didn't watch the event, did Nintendo at least give the thing a price cut?
Only game i'm interested in is X.

I feel sorry for monolithsoft, being confined to such old hardware, though they can still put out such great games.

It's enough for me that they announced Wind Waker HD as a 1080P game. Everything beyond that is a bonus. :p 1080P... Wow. Makes me happy. I can't wait to see it in motion! Weird though that they replaced the GBA connection stuff with message-in-a-bottle to other players, when they could have emulated GBA stuff easily with either a 3DS or the wuupad directly... I guess they want to leverage their nintendo universe social stuff and make it relevant going forward. *shrug*

X looks good, but what is in-game realtime graphics and what is pre-rendered? Bayonetta looked fecking awesome until they switched to ingame, and then it was...not very impressive at all, tbh.

DKC looks fantastic. Excellent use of 2.5D 3D, with parallax and all of that. Good cameraworks too, and simultaneous 2-player co-op is great.

I miss a Metroid though. I'd settle for a re-make of the Primes for Wuu (in 1080P of course :D), but an original title would be even better. ...Or ANYthing really from Nintendo itself that isn't cartoon graphics. They had a lot of success with KI, and especially, Goldeneye, back in the N64 days. You'd think they would want to re-capture that magic, at least pretend that wuu isn't 90% a kiddie-console...

Also, no New Zelda, and no Pikmin demonstrated in the video, the latter they seem to want to hold back for the show proper. Wonder if we'll see any Zelda at all this E3, I rather doubt it.

neogaf might as well just close for e3. seriously was it this bad in the past? or evillore just incompetent?

they need some microsoft cloud apparently :LOL: should get in touch with them.

something going on right now at e3? seems to be on my twitter...

like the American direct or something?

cannata says it's a press conference, they just have to stand in heat instead of sit in ac.

Time for Nintendo to look into developing for iOS and Android.

They're going to take a bath on the WiiU and PS4 and Xbone will achieve only a fraction of the installed base of mobile ...

I don't like the Wind Waker HD. While they added bloom and indirect lighting, they also broke the cell shading lighting so it looks quite generic now.

Smash was the big hitter and it looked EXACTLY as Brawl. Brawl was awful, gameplay and graphics wise. No thanks.

Monolith's X did look great though.

If Nintendo can't get this to 250 soon, outlook won't improve much I think.

Thread is a 1/2 hour late, with 1 post, a fraction of the views and personifies why other forums feel B3D as a whole has a clear bias against the Wii U. Seriously guys, at least put in a little effort. :LOL:]

Hey, I posted this thread days before the event with the information available at the time. Not my fault Nintendo can't communicate their pre-recorded events accurately.

I so can't believe they opted for a 7am reveal at E3. They likely figured the less people awake when they press play on the video the better.

What astonishes me is that Nintendo is shamelessly promoting their HD/3D remakes of old games with things like "Playing in HD makes the game feel like new" "It has advanced shaders and graphics" after stating for the entire Wii gen things like "Making the same kind of games in HD is not inovative enough for us" and "Graphics don't matter, GC games look photoreal already".
What then? Is nintendo gonna promote the joy of their new screenless controler next gen?

Quite incredible the amount of info they released after, for example:

- Facebook and twiter for Miiverse;
- specif functionality for Batman and others;
- Mario Kart TV;
- a new carathers for SSM, Wii Fit trainer;
- special function it the tablet for Bayoneta 2;
- frog suit for Mario 3D.

Among others, why they didn't said anything in the Nintendo Direct is beyond me...

The latest announcement from Ubisoft concerning the Nintendo Wii U:

Ubisoft won't release more games exclusive to the Wii U until Nintendo sells more Wii U systems, the president of the French gaming giant told Kotaku here at E3 this week.

This fall, Ubisoft will release Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed IV, Just Dance and Watch Dogs to Wii U, though none is exclusive to the system. The formerly-planned Wii U exclusive, Rayman Legends, is now also going to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 alongside Wii U by year's end.

Guillemot acknowledged that Ubisoft's focus on Wii U had changed. He suggested that the Wii U and its dedicated second screen in its controller was a good test bed for game concepts it is now applying to games on other consoles.

"Our job is to be agile," he said. "We have to adapt the company to the potential of the market. So, what we did last year, was we knew we could learn second-screen with Nintendo, so we went full-speed to use this capacity the console was bringing. And we were able to develop Rayman, which will come at the end of this year and which is fantastic, using this second screen. What we saw is that, in learning that, we can also use it with the other consoles with [Xbox] Smart Glass, for example, and it’s a good option that is coming to us. If you look at us this year on Wii U we will have a lot of products."

Notably, Ubisoft showed second-screen tablet functionality for its non-Wii U Xbox One and PS4 game The Crew during its E3 press conference on Monday. The company clearly loves second-screen gaming and is committed to that, if not to churning out Wii U exclusives.
http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-to-nintendo-sell-more-systems-and-well-make-m-512860061

Back