Capcom's Deep Down

They should get rid of the damage counter. It looks so cartoony.
Even better, deteriorate the look of the monsters. Monster health bar looks so MMO.

Yeah.
Hopefully we will be able to customise HUD as in Dragons' Dogma.

Looks good but I wonder why some of the players have shields but can't use them against the flame like in the techdemo? Also it's more apparent now that the dragon doesn't have the ability to move around. It's just pivoting on a fixed point..weird. Hopefully they allow some actual movement when the game ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking at the footage with the flames... I have to admit, ... :rolleyes:

That this is probably the best looking PS2 game ever :LOL:

I hope the flame technology is not built by Sony's input, because if it is, then it's possible that 3rd party titles using the engine (resident evil would be a good bet), won't be using it because the lowest common denominator doesn't have the compute capabilities :cry:

So I really, really hope Sony takes the lead, and we will have even more amazing titles as a result.

@SlimJim

The engine (Pant Rhei) is developed by Capcom and I doubt other developers will use it.
Fluid simulation for fire is something other engines will probably do.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one knows the real resolution at this point. There have been screenshots released in multiple resolutions, including 720p, 1080p and super-sampled bullshots.

@SlimJim

The engine (Pant Rhei) is developed by Capcom and I doubt other developers will use it.
Fluid simulation for fire is something other engines will probably do.

I mistyped, I meant other Capcom games that is why I used resident evil as an example.
Another Devil May Cry game maybe (JP developed).
Onimusha reboot?

Okay maybe I am exited for 'new' Capcom output :p

ddparry27xpdp.gif

A new way to keep trolls out. ;)

Looks better than Conan the Barbarian, the destroyer and Nearly all 80's sci-fi films. Except Bladerunner. Baldreunner is actaully a cinematic marvel. This game is the only thing making me consider a PS4. I love Capcom. Too bad they are in dire financial straits.

Don't remove the health bars, just give us an option like Diablo to turn it on or off. Those health bars are needed to make decisions when u r in a spot.

Aw, you don't need health bar for grunts~

Health bar for mini bosses like Satsuki may be interesting, as you see his bar full again when he chugs full moon grasses. That totally demoralized me.

Aw, you don't need health bar for grunts~

Health bar for mini bosses like Satsuki may be interesting, as you see his bar full again when he chugs full moon grasses. That totally demoralized me.

Lol !
I want health bars and damage numbers in all games. I even turned them ON in Bioshock infinite :oops: for the whole game.

:???: As it's free to play, what's the harm in trying it first and then deciding? I can't say I'm in favour of this model, as discussed in the F2P thread wherever that was, but I wouldn't avoid trying a game just because it's free to try. There are numerous different takes on the F2P model, and I wouldn't discount anything out of hand. It could be that this game is free to play and then you buy episodic content and expansions. Or it could be that you have to grind away for free or buy progress. But you don't know until you try it, for free!

If the F2P model is like you get a 5 hour "demo" and then you must buy episodic content, I would be fine with that.
Then again, that wouldn't really be F2P, it would be just like a regular game sold in small parts (like Sam&Max, walking dead, etc.) with the first part being offered to the customer.

I never played DOTA2 or TF2 as they're not my kind of game, but everything F2P I played until now consists basically of continuously inducing large doses of frustration with the "free" game in order to compel the gamer to spend large amounts of money in small doses.

I don't like that. I hate the fact that the monetary cost for that session of entertainment isn't displayed in a transparent way, up front.
I'll buy stuff with a price tag. I won't be subject to an underhanded scheme to make me pay more money than I'm willing to by making me hostage through the frustration of having to endlessly grind if I don't pay a fortune for the Premium Axe in Level 1, and then another fortune for the Premium Axe 2 in Level 2, and so on.

I don't have that much time to play games, so I'll rather not run the risk of spending my precious gaming hours in falling into that frustration.

Back