Capcom's Deep Down

the character looks different from the environment. It looks like the character is rendered one way and the background is done differently

Apart from the obvious clipping issues this is shaping up to be quite the catch for launch. It's looking more and more refined with each showing, and it's plays very smoothly. Only a few weeks to go!!

In such a small and confined space this is the least I expected, but looks like the dream of a 1080p res is dead since they aimed for 60fps. Gameplay wise except for the dragon fight, poking at bear pig mofos while traversing stairs are really not my thing:(.

In such a small and confined space this is the least I expected, but looks like the dream of a 1080p res is dead since they aimed for 60fps. Gameplay wise except for the dragon fight, poking at bear pig mofos while traversing stairs are really not my thing:(.

I thought they were aiming for 1080@60?

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

The actual fighting looks rather lackluster. All he seems to do is poke with his spear or cast spells. Also unless the pig things miss him every single time, there doesn't seem to be any feedback on your character from being hit by those massive blows.

I guess that would make sense if this was a timed exclusive. Otherwise there is no need to cut back the feature set.
That's making some significant assumptions not relevant to this thread. We are not going to assume any game on PS4 will be 1080p unless held back by XB1. If Deep Down is 720p or 900p, or 540p, or 1080p, at this point we have to take that to be the developers design choice relevant to the console it's known to be releasing on. All we need to discuss here is what resolution the game will be and what impact that'll have on the experience.

If 720p, high enough AA and 60 fps, I think it'll look very good in motion.

The actual fighting looks rather lackluster. All he seems to do is poke with his spear or cast spells. Also unless the pig things miss him every single time, there doesn't seem to be any feedback on your character from being hit by those massive blows.

That's because he is parrying them.

One of the nice things about Demons Souls is the rumble feedback during combat. I wonder if it's possible to outdo it on the nextgen consoles.

I would love to see some well timed rolling action too.

That's making some significant assumptions not relevant to this thread. We are not going to assume any game on PS4 will be 1080p unless held back by XB1.

Woah, BoardBonobo never mentioned the XB1. :oops:
He could be even mentioning cut-backs for compatibility with lower end PCs, since almost every game from Capcom for the past 4/5 years was released for Windows.

In another thread, eastmen was hinting that he knows a current PS4 exclusive is coming to XB1. That's where BoardBonobo was going.

1) its not an exclusive according to sony fans in the same way titan fall is not exclusive according to them

2) I only know one person at capcom and she doesnt know much about deep down.

Deep Down MIGHT be released on XB1 but MS will have to change its policies with F2P.
I doubt it anyway since Sony is co-developing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back