Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

So they added the motion blur a month after release. I played the actual retail game ;) It's still hardly on par with Crysis 2's implementation. The blur trail distance doesn't seem to be dependent on the motion speed. Very hackish. Better than nothing I guess.

That looks like standard gaussian blur.

There's no way you can tell if that's velocity based blur unless being stated. Also the picture is not the best way to show the dof but in person it's definitely different to standard gaussion blur.

To be fair the game didn't ship with OMB but patched it soon after since it was a bug, but you didn't know that since you don't own the game. Here's the OMB in play
http://i46.tinypic.com/2rqy87k.jpg
Also Bokeh dof. It's off screen but you can still see the individual sparkles in the water. Looked much clearer in motion as well, but again you gonna have to rent it or play it in your buddy's house to see them in person.
http://i49.tinypic.com/efklzp.jpg

The OBM in UC3 was decent. For comparison, the motion blur in God of War 3 and Crysis 2 were higher in precision.

There's no way you can tell if that's velocity based blur unless being stated. Also the picture is not the best way to show the dof but in person it's definitely different to standard gaussion blur.
We can tell. We can simply see how fast objects motions are in camera and how long their trails are. Trails are always very short no matter the speed of the object.

As for the DOF. Perhaps it's not gaussian but certainly isn't bokeh. Maybe better pictures would clear that up.

We can tell. We can simply see how fast objects motions are in camera and how long their trails are. Trails are always very short no matter the speed of the object.

As for the DOF. Perhaps it's not gaussian but certainly isn't bokeh. Maybe better pictures would clear that up.

If you have the game why don't you just check it on the tv Screen yourself? Just aim it that way and you'll. see it. Maybe someone else who has the game can confirm it?

If you have the game why don't you just check it on the tv Screen yourself? Just aim it that way and you'll. see it. Maybe someone else who has the game can confirm it?

Honestly who gives a shit, both look good. You guys just wasted 20 minutes of your life with this topic

So they added the motion blur a month after release. I played the actual retail game ;) It's still hardly on par with Crysis 2's implementation. The blur trail distance doesn't seem to be dependent on the motion speed. Very hackish. Better than nothing I guess.

That looks like standard gaussian blur.

I don't see the point to say something like this. I mean, you are trying to pass something of subjective, in objective, based only on your ... eyes perception. I don't think it's a good way to discuss the things.

Last edited by a moderator:
have crytek released any footage of crysis 3 console version?

I don't think so. They've shown footage at E3 with PS3 button prompts but I think I heard that the footage was actually a PC build but played with a dual-shock controller.

To my knowledge no console version footage has been revealed. Please someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

I don't think so. They've shown footage at E3 with PS3 button prompts but I think I heard that the footage was actually a PC build but played with a dual-shock controller.

To my knowledge no console version footage has been revealed. Please someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

They didn't show any console footage of Crysis 2 and I doubt that will change for Crysis 3 especially now that they are pushing the PS3 & the 360 even harder. :p

In fact more and more games lately refuse to show the console versions in action (Metro Last Light, MGS: Ground Zeroes), instead we most likely get PC footage at "console" settings which of course are totally misleading not so much about the graphical quality which is pretty close most of the time apart from IQ but more about the performance.

They have shown the whole dam demo running on the 360 in germany. I am on my ipad so can't link now, but its old and probably the only 360video out there. Looks fine, the indirect lighting is missing, as in C2, amd textures are lower res, etc.

They have shown the whole dam demo running on the 360 in germany. I am on my ipad so can't link now, but its old and probably the only 360video out there. Looks fine, the indirect lighting is missing, as in C2, amd textures are lower res, etc.

I guess this is the video.

It does look very good to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't believe that xbox video? They relied on Crysis 2 running on a PC at console settings and would bet that's what's happening now. I'll wait for the DF break down before believing anything from Crytek.

UC3 does almost every effects C2 does such as HDR, SSAO, OMB, Volumetric Light shaft, Bokeh DOF, POM, and on top of that moving levels, procedural fire, 3d water all in proper 1280 x 720 res, no pop ins and a stable framerate. You can say C2 has more open playing field or less linear but that's probably the only advantage I can think of. To me this is a very substantial lead in overall tech prowess.
The others aren't a clear cut above but still overall better such as KZ3, BF3, Gears 3, GOW3 and KZ2.

For me a clear cut winner would be Uncharted 3 for raw technical graphics also taking into account of image quality.

I know this has been addressed by now in this thread, but since it was a direct reply to me, I figured it was pointless to try and have a discussion with you. When are you going to learn that we can't compare these games like you are? I just asked for a few games, not your breakdown.

I figured it was pointless to try and have a discussion with you. When are you going to learn that we can't compare these games like you are? I just asked for a few games, not your breakdown.
Nothing can be directly compared if people are being extremely picky but not that it matters, I listed a few games and some asked for break down some didn't, I got attacked and so on. So yeah, let's not move on.

Nothing can be directly compared if people are being extremely picky but not that it matters, I listed a few games and some asked for break down some didn't, I got attacked and so on. So yeah, let's not move on.

It's funny how they only get less picky at certain times. Anyway, I hope they deliver, extremely, optimized tech and keep their framerate at around 30fps.

Back