Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

Wow, the graphics are superb. If that's what the console version will look like then it's gott abe the best looking console game out there with ease. If the PC version looks significantly better... holy crap!

Nextgen particle blur! :)

crysis3_psycho_lampwzfg0.gif

L. Scofield said:
Hope you think the same when there's criticism of a PS3 exclusive ;)

Oh come on if he is the type that is always pro about PS3 exclusives you are known to be his alter ego ;)

What happened to the particles in the thumbnail is that they are stretched vertically because they are moving in that direction, and horizontally because the camera is moving horizontally, so they get streched both ways and look squarish. Now the problem is they should be streching horizontally with the camera, but not vertically. Games learned to do that fiery trail for sparks to simulate the HDR motion blur they lacked but that crytek now has, so they could just have point sprites for those sparks and let their motion blur do the rest, but I guess they haven´t noticed that yet.

Noticed a lot of slowdown in that video as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was console footage, cause it seems a lot like console footage.

The way the person playing aims, moves the cross-hair and shoots, it doesn't seem very fluid like a keyboard and mouse setup.

Of course it could just be a PC withe Xbox or PS3 controller.

Game looks really good. Crytek are certainly cranking that engine :D
Gotta say, while I was watching the part were he takes the turret, I was thinking....shouldn't the grass burn or get blown away in a situation like that? Must be indestructible grass lol!

This was maxed out PC [only webizodes use lower settings and can be found on gamerside in 60fps], but as always, it was played with controller. Ever since Crysis 2 unveil, Crytek demos their games with controller because they will earn 80% of their profits there.

2nd part of "Fields" directfeed gameplay, maxed PC settings.

Dang, this game right here at 1080P basically IS a satisfactory next gen IMO. I think we'll see much better, but if it stopped right there that is a next gen leap imo. Let alone that at 60 FPS.

Cevat Yerli - "As far as next-gen console games, I think Crysis 3 on the PC will be very comparable."
http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/14/c...3s-graphics-for-at-least-two-years-interview/

Yeah I think Cevat is pretty right. Heck I'd even expect a few minor (RAM related and such) cutbacks already in the next gen console version. (while games that are built ground up for next gen will probably look much better than Crysis 3 after a couple years, similar to how this gen played out)

Crysis 3 Durango will probably not be a 100% match for Crysis 3 maxed PC. It will fall short in a few areas (while still stupendously exceeding this gen).

Cevat is just like Mark Rein. (i.e. a bullshit PR guy)

Crysis 2 on the 360 was one of the dullest games I've played. Crytek should spend more effort on gameplay design rather than graphical bling that doesn't really translate all that well to a more immersive experience.

Yeah I think Cevat is pretty right. Heck I'd even expect a few minor (RAM related and such) cutbacks already in the next gen console version. (while games that are built ground up for next gen will probably look much better than Crysis 3 after a couple years, similar to how this gen played out)

Crysis 3 Durango will probably not be a 100% match for Crysis 3 maxed PC. It will fall short in a few areas (while still stupendously exceeding this gen).

Don't forget Crytek is working on Ryse which is now on Durango;)

This was maxed out PC [only webizodes use lower settings and can be found on gamerside in 60fps], but as always, it was played with controller. Ever since Crysis 2 unveil, Crytek demos their games with controller because they will earn 80% of their profits there.

I doubt it was maxed out. No tessellation in sight.

crys3hevidt.mp4-000005vuq9.png

And water looked flat, unlike here:

crysis3_water3aluh.gif

Caustics were missing as well:

untitled-1432cj7z.gif

How are they doing the grass? Lots of triangles, or a dedicated grass renderer? A friend was telling about a guy he knows who wrote the power-line code for some race, suggesting my idea way back when of using an alternative line renderer is being implemented. Grass like this seems another good situation for non-mesh rendering with a fancy 2.5D particle renderer. Such an engine could be a good fit for Cell too.

Back