News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the HDD-less 299 euro Xbox One rumour a few pages ago;
I actually see it happening:
If they make it compatible with the switchable Xbox 360 hard drives, then they can sell it easily, seeing as how the majority of Xbox One owners are probably Xbox 360 owners as well. "Just switch your harddrive, and enjoy the next generation of console gaming". I think a lot of Xbox fans would be happy with the lower price point.

About the HDD-less 299 euro Xbox One rumour a few pages ago;
I actually see it happening:
If they make it compatible with the switchable Xbox 360 hard drives, then they can sell it easily, seeing as how the majority of Xbox One owners are probably Xbox 360 owners as well. "Just switch your harddrive, and enjoy the next generation of console gaming". I think a lot of Xbox fans would be happy with the lower price point.

Ridiculous... An HDD doesnt cost $100 a 250GB from a brick and mortar shop is 25.99

They can't drop $100 from the retail price by removing a $30 part. They can drop $30.

The HDD is mandatory to even be able to play games, removing it is crazy. Removing the BR drive to sell it at a $30 less is a bit less crazy, I can see some gamers wanting that, even more so if it comes with a bigger hard drive.

They can't drop $100 from the retail price by removing a $30 part. They can drop $30.

The HDD is mandatory to even be able to play games, removing it is crazy. Removing the BR drive to sell it at a $30 less is a bit less crazy, I can see some gamers wanting that, even more so if it comes with a bigger hard drive.

They will sell it for at least $50 less, $30 increments dont happen.

And I think X dollars off the BOM equals maybe closer to X times 2 dollars off the retail price.

But yes removing the HDD is crazy. Removing the optical drive OTOH may very well happen for a SKU at one point, it both makes sense and has been rumored.

they should be able to cut the size of the box in half if they remove the bluray drive.

That plus media center would get me to buy 3 or 4 more xbox ones :)

they should be able to cut the size of the box in half if they remove the bluray drive.

That plus media center would get me to buy 3 or 4 more xbox ones :)
:smile2: You seem to live in the lap of luxury, eastmen. How can you handle 5 consoles? I am having difficulty handling 2 let alone 5.

Lots of optimism at the offices ever since Phil Spencer took over. I wonder how the Xbox One would be if he was the head of the Xbox division before, when it was being designed. :smile2:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...hil-spencer-says-sony-ps4-will-have-a-good-e3

He thinks that Sony will have a good E3.

@XBX1GameInsider I don’t think Sony is intimidated. Sony is great brand and strong team. Competition is good, they’ll have a good E3.
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) June 4, 2014
Plus he also pointed out how the staff at the Xbox division feels now.

@tavis206 Thanks, XBOX team is all working hard. There is a renewed sense of belief we are on a good path here, good vibe in the halls.

— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3)
June 4, 2014

Phil Spencer also mentioned, among other things, that his goal is to own every game that Microsoft funds from now on. :smile:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06...ormance-increase-looks-forward-to-sonys-show/
We don’t own 2nd party IP. In first party, it’s a mix (like it was with Gears). My goal is to own what we fund.

In the end, though, he intends to pragmatically focus on what Microsoft does own, as they can’t have all the great games:

We won’t own all the great games. Nintendo, Sony, 3rd will have them too, focusing on what we have.
I can say we keep investing in 1st party

Hmm, wasn't Sunset Overdrive made possible because Insomniac was allowed to keep the IP? Wouldn't want to lose games like that.

:smile2: You seem to live in the lap of luxury, eastmen. How can you handle 5 consoles? I am having difficulty handling 2 let alone 5.

Lots of optimism at the offices ever since Phil Spencer took over. I wonder how the Xbox One would be if he was the head of the Xbox division before, when it was being designed. :smile2:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...hil-spencer-says-sony-ps4-will-have-a-good-e3

He thinks that Sony will have a good E3.

Plus he also pointed out how the staff at the Xbox division feels now.

They've been doing well and some of the power concerns seem less pressing lately, with great looking titles and seemingly slightly more multiplat parity with Ps4 of late...as well as supposedly 10% more power coming down the pike with the June SDK.

That said, sales are what tells the tale if consumers are buying the message. They will look ugly for May. We wont get some feedback until June.

And of course, E3 will be important to have a good showing.

Hmm, wasn't Sunset Overdrive made possible because Insomniac was allowed to keep the IP? Wouldn't want to lose games like that.
Yeah, that was my first thought too but that doest necessarily mean they'll lose games if Sony have the same policy because neither platform is advantageous for developers who want to own their IP and be publisher funded.

as well as supposedly 10% more power coming down the pike with the June SDK.
Xbox: empowering fish :yep2:

@Cyan - The reason I have so many 360's is for Media Center, same with eastmen. Out of my five though, one is for dev reasons, and two see normal gaming while the rest are media centric. It was just such an easy way to move media around the house, one central PC for DVR, etc. (I got good deals, $99 Christmas sales, etc)

@Rangers - May will be ugly for sure, but there are still signs that it is moving. I did see a Day One edition yesterday, along with a TF bundle. Store only had three total units though after I asked about it, so I am guessing shipments are down maybe in prep for the new sku's.

@Cyan - The reason I have so many 360's is for Media Center, same with eastmen. Out of my five though, one is for dev reasons, and two see normal gaming while the rest are media centric. It was just such an easy way to move media around the house, one central PC for DVR, etc. (I got good deals, $99 Christmas sales, etc)

@Rangers - May will be ugly for sure, but there are still signs that it is moving. I did see a Day One edition yesterday, along with a TF bundle. Store only had three total units though after I asked about it, so I am guessing shipments are down maybe in prep for the new sku's.

Right , we use them as media centers.

That would be a huge gain to move them onto the xbox one . It should perform better than the 360 and of course we move off an 8 year old platform. Watching Netflix on my one uses less power than my 250 gig slim xbox 360 doing the same.

We pay $12 a month for basicly 12 tuners that any tv in the house can acess using xbox 360s. Even if we were to get the cheapest boxes from cable vision that would be $10 a month per box. So we would be spending $60 right there. for each tv to have cable. But that's without recording features. For 12 tuners spread across the house we'd be looking at over $100 a month in cost. We would I believe need 2 full house dvrs which on cable vision are 3 tuners each. So we could record 4 channels and then need a box on the other 4 tvs $10 each.

Even then we'd only be able to record 4 shows at once. With our media set up we can record / watch 12 channels at once. We are also set up to a 12TB nas on the media center. So we are almost limitless in recording capacity where as most cable dvrs have a 80 or 120 hour limit.

Right , we use them as media centers.

That would be a huge gain to move them onto the xbox one . It should perform better than the 360 and of course we move off an 8 year old platform. Watching Netflix on my one uses less power than my 250 gig slim xbox 360 doing the same.

Have you tried Media Browser 3? It has a TV plugin that works with Media Center and can stream TV over the network. There are apps for Windows Phone, iOS and Android and you can use Internet Explorer too.

It is not the same than Media Center Extender, but you can stream the TV sygnal and stream music/video and other media.

So they updated it with live tv ? last I had looked nothing would do it. Will it play my recorded drm'd content from cable companies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back