Forza Horizon

I would not mind some Forza style driving on real roads, cities, and in traffic. Especially racing against others. I have finally felt well enough and had some time to play some games again, picked up Forza for a bit the last week, boy am I rusty. And Onki, lvl 150 wow... just... wow.

Ps- Maybe they will learn something with a new title that may bring us something fresh for Forza 5 SP. I like FM 4 MP and Rivals but the SP just doesn't engage me much. A smaller, more "themed" experience of types of races, cars, which really accented the experience would be more fun for me than the current grind mode. That is just me.

hm... I might be interested in an arcadey take on the series. Never played TDU, but it looked kinda fun.

What's it gonna take to have a warthog. :3

What's it gonna take to have a warthog. :3
Ask this guy how;).
4ike1h.jpg

But yeah if it's anything like TDU then it should be pretty interesting.

It's probably legitimate. There have been rumors about "Forza World" for a long time now. I guess Forza Horizon is the official title.

I would not mind some Forza style driving on real roads, cities, and in traffic. Especially racing against others. I have finally felt well enough and had some time to play some games again, picked up Forza for a bit the last week, boy am I rusty. And Onki, lvl 150 wow... just... wow.

Ps- Maybe they will learn something with a new title that may bring us something fresh for Forza 5 SP. I like FM 4 MP and Rivals but the SP just doesn't engage me much. A smaller, more "themed" experience of types of races, cars, which really accented the experience would be more fun for me than the current grind mode. That is just me.

Having weekly club races with 10-12 players and comming in the top 3 gives you a lot of xp :) think I reached lvl 150 around x-mas.

Have to agree with you on the SP part of the game could use some improving. After finnishing all 10 seasons, I have hardly spent any time in SP. So I guess getting every achievement is going to be quite the grind :(

So anyone going for this game? Getting very good reviews, demo is out. Will probably try the demo myself.

EDIT: downloaded and played it, but despite all the good reviews, I'm not really feeling it. The car handling does not seem to have the same immediacy of Forza 4, which I thought was already a bit on-the-edge, but would be perfect for this type of game, but it seems different, and I don't really like it. Also, the world doesn't feel alive at all - nothing like some other games. The events in the demo didn't sell me much either. The off-road racing doesn't feel great, the race against the Mustang (plane) felt extremely scripted with the timing of the plane flying by having no relevance to how well you are doing at all, and the feel of the road in the regular races just isn't there for me.

Hope you guys like it better, it's a bit of a disappointment for me. At least I could drive in cockpit view though, and just about anything from Forza is there in terms of settings (abs on/off, etc.) with the same effect (higher scores).

May try it again sometime with the wheel.

So anyone going for this game? Getting very good reviews, demo is out. Will probably try the demo myself.

EDIT: downloaded and played it, but despite all the good reviews, I'm not really feeling it. The car handling does not seem to have the same immediacy of Forza 4, which I thought was already a bit on-the-edge, but would be perfect for this type of game, but it seems different, and I don't really like it. Also, the world doesn't feel alive at all - nothing like some other games. The events in the demo didn't sell me much either. The off-road racing doesn't feel great, the race against the Mustang (plane) felt extremely scripted with the timing of the plane flying by having no relevance to how well you are doing at all, and the feel of the road in the regular races just isn't there for me.

Hope you guys like it better, it's a bit of a disappointment for me. At least I could drive in cockpit view though, and just about anything from Forza is there in terms of settings (abs on/off, etc.) with the same effect (higher scores).

May try it again sometime with the wheel.

Did you try turning off all helpers?

Did you try turning off all helpers?

Yes, first thing I did was setting everything off except clutch ... Also played with AI on hardest but that was too difficult, had to switch that back to normal to be able to win in one or two tries.

Rivals stuff in here is nice though.

EDIT: at least I'm not alone in feeling this way. Garnett Lee on the Weekend Confirmed podcast played the retail game for 12 hours, and is having the exact same problem that the cars just don't feel right, which gnaws at the fundamental part of the game, which is that which you do the whole time, driving, just isn't fun enough. Mind you, we're probably not the target audience anyway.

I'll personally hold off for Most Wanted, as I did enjoy Burnout Paradise, and it's been a while. Now just to decide what version to get - maybe the Vita version now first and then the PC version later. If I do like that one at least, but so far I'm getting a good vibe.

Back