• MOVE

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • KINECT

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • ALL

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Plus, i already have a PSEye and so it's a no brainer for me :D

On a side note though, has there ever been any discussion or revelation of the number of PSEye units Sony has sold?... I'm intrigued as lots of people here and on other forums i frequent seem to own a PSEye, which is puzzling considering it's pitifully poor support prior to Move being announced.

start a poll ;)

Myself, well I dont own a PS3, on kinect, I'm not sure. If it's really 149 I may pass initially depending on the games. If it's like $80 and everything looks good, then I'd probably buy regardless.

The ones who get complaints are a whooping 24, 42, and 45 lbs. There are mouths on this forum that are heavier!

Apartments are not known for amazing sound proofing and children pidder paddering across the floor is quite distinct. Now imagine 4 people doing a race ...

Heh yeah, upstairs apartments will be a problem. Never thought of that.

Heh yeah, upstairs apartments will be a problem. Never thought of that.

Yeah, it will be for some. No more than a Wiifit I would imagine BUT we have been told we cannot allow the children to crawl in the house because it is so loud. Go figure. So our lease is up in November so we will be moving (just happens to be the same month Kinect releases... no, we are not moving JUST to get a Kinect lol Although I wouldn't mind moving to the other side of Lake Washington. I hear they got some leaky pipes and good tie down straps over there ;)

Move is the only one that interests me somewhat. If Dead Space 2 is better with it than with controller, I'll buy it. Kinect is cool, but I don't see myself doing anything with it. Wii was never an option.

Kinect for me. I have a wii and never play it. I'm hoping kinect will break that cycle.

I'm also hoping that some of the work out games support two players so my gf and I can do it. Thats what kills the wii fit stuff for me.

Kinect for me. I have a wii and never play it. I'm hoping kinect will break that cycle.

I'm also hoping that some of the work out games support two players so my gf and I can do it. Thats what kills the wii fit stuff for me.

EA Sports Active and Wii Fit Plus both support 2 player workouts, I think. I guess you'd need 2 balance boards for Wii Fit Plus, or maybe I'm wrong about that feature. But Active definitely supports 2 people, and you don't need the balance board. You just need two leg straps for the nunchucks.

EA Sports Active and Wii Fit Plus both support 2 player workouts, I think. I guess you'd need 2 balance boards for Wii Fit Plus, or maybe I'm wrong about that feature. But Active definitely supports 2 people, and you don't need the balance board. You just need two leg straps for the nunchucks.

I don't know about sports active. However with wii fit plus I believe its single player only. You can jump jump in an out of mii quicker tho. I could be wrong. Will check the box out in afew and update my post if I'm wrong

As a 360 (Jasper), and PS3 (Slim) owner with 2 controllers for each console (all battery powered) and headsets, I'm not keen to add more hardware controllers that require charging, clutter, etc. that would result with getting Move. This doesn't include all the other controllers sitting around my AV setup.

Well the added text bit was "I'll stick with the original and best" so it's not about buying the Wiimote rather not wishing to buy one of the newer options :)

Well the added text bit was "I'll stick with the original and best" so it's not about buying the Wiimote rather not wishing to buy one of the newer options :)

Well in that case, Wii Motion+ is just missing. ;)

LOL I'm number one for Wiimote.

I'm not sold on the future of waggle technology though. With the Wii, I voted for it since I already have it and I only got it because I thought the innovation it would bring sounded promising. It wasn't really but at least there could potentially be some market there in the future simply because of the number of consoles and that all of them come with at least one wiimote.

On PS3, you have a high initial investment needing both a wand and camera and it just doesn't convince me that HD gamers will really latch on with how much the plastic accessories fad is dieing. OTOH Move seems able to replicate everything that the wiimote can do so maybe there's some potential for porting there?

With 360, it's also a high initial investment in the Kinect camera and of course it has limits relative to the other two since it seems that it can only detect limbs and distance from the camera. Obviously it's the cheapest of the three for multiplayer gaming though.

I haven't seen much upcoming games that convince me that I NEED to use waggle on any system. The concept could have promise in the future but most conventional game/genre don't benefit that much from it.

Light-gun games, third-person shooters, a few fps', and maybe a few music games (like child of eden) do use motion control well it seems but it's still too early to say any platform is the best. I remember the speculation about the Wii right before it came out and the ultimate disappointment so I'm not going to make that mistake twice.

LOL I'm number one for Wiimote.

I'm not sold on the future of waggle technology though. With the Wii, I voted for it since I already have it and I only got it because I thought the innovation it would bring sounded promising. It wasn't really but at least there could potentially be some market there in the future simply because of the number of consoles and that all of them come with at least one wiimote.

Are you going to buy Wii Motion+ though, or already have it?

On PS3, you have a high initial investment needing both a wand and camera and it just doesn't convince me that HD gamers will really latch on with how much the plastic accessories fad is dieing. OTOH Move seems able to replicate everything that the wiimote can do so maybe there's some potential for porting there?

That's not a question - the first examples are already there. The potention for porting seems to follow in a few main categories: anything done on the Wii is fair game (e.g. Aragorns quest, Ubisoft's Raquet Sports, the Michael Jackson game, and I reckon you can also count Resident Evil among those, or all Party games that use similar stuff as you see on the Wii, and Wii Motion+ in particular - Golf, Tennis, etc., or the shooting mechanic for Killzone 3/Socom 4 that is similar to Call of Duty type stuff on Wii). Then there are some PC games that strongly benefit from the Mouse are fair game (upcoming PC/PS3 style MMOs for instance, including apparently Final Fantasy XIV, but I'm sure there will be more), or RUSE (RTS by Ubisoft) that has now gotten Move patched in. The "Playstation Move Games" has a full list.

As for the high initial investment, the basic Move set isn't that expensive (65 euro in EU, which is identical to a full price game, gives you camera and one Move controller), and still works for more than half the games as far as I can tell. Additionally, there are some games people may already own that already benefit from the camera (Burnout, Eye Create, LittleBigPlanet, Zen Pinball and a few others - sure, small stuff, but it's there and its free if you already own the game), or get full Move functions patched in for free (High Velocity Bowling, Hustle Kings, EyePet EU version, Heavy Rain, Tiger Woods).

With 360, it's also a high initial investment in the Kinect camera and of course it has limits relative to the other two since it seems that it can only detect limbs and distance from the camera. Obviously it's the cheapest of the three for multiplayer gaming though.

Obviously? There are two scenarios:

1. you don't have any gaming system and have to start buying the console and move controls from scratch. The Wii wins this one without contest, then the 360 will probably have a 299 Arcade bundle at least, and finally the PS3 will probably have a Move bundle for 399 for which you then still need to buy an additional controller (although I think this bundle probably gives you both a dualshock and a Move controller, so some games you can already play two player, but it's not optimal).

2. You already have the systems and only have to buy two controllers. The Wii wins this one, because you always already have at least one controller. The price for another controller is what, 45 euros? The PS3 has a move bundle for 65 euro, and then another Move controller sets you back 45 euro. That totals to 105 euro, and at this point it is very uncertain that a Kinect wll be under 100 euro.

In other words, unless you already have a 360 and don't have the other two systems, I don't see how the 360 is obviously the cheapest multi-player system. It could potentially win for more than 2 player multi-player, but currently Kinect supports 2 players max.

I haven't seen much upcoming games that convince me that I NEED to use waggle on any system. The concept could have promise in the future but most conventional game/genre don't benefit that much from it.

Certainly Move manages to be easily patched into a vast range of conventional games/genres. Whether those benefit enough from that will be up to you however, as I can't judge that for you. From what I'm reading so far the answer seems yes, but I'll find out in two months and will give my impressions here. ;)

Light-gun games, third-person shooters, a few fps', and maybe a few music games (like child of eden) do use motion control well it seems but it's still too early to say any platform is the best. I remember the speculation about the Wii right before it came out and the ultimate disappointment so I'm not going to make that mistake twice.

The Wii has taught us much though. I think it's already fair to say that the Move controller is the best system for enhancing existing games at least for the foreseeable future, simply because there are plenty of examples with positive reactions, and because of the Wii we can see how the Move controller overcomes some of the Wii's limitations that held it back from becoming what some hardcore people hoped from it (similar to how Wii Motion+ overcomes those limitations, but better and adding a camera for augmented reality type stuff). For Kinect it is almost certain that it won't replace existing controls for most current genres, but there are sure to be a bunch of game types that could be far superior with Kinect to both other controllers. So in the end of course the best choice for you will depend on the games that appeal to you. Wii Sports Resort and Skyward Sword's Motion+ support may be just the ticket, after all.

Move for me. I've pre-ordered it.

Kinect will probably come down the line; on the assumption the SW line-up will diversify further.

Are you going to buy Wii Motion+ though, or already have it?
Nope. The best uses of the wiimote actually seem to be the ones that just use the IR sensor. Waggling is all right when it's to do a very generic movement but exact sword control or anything just doesn't look that fun. Maybe zelda will change my mind?

That's not a question - the first examples are already there. The potention for porting seems to follow in a few main categories: anything done on the Wii is fair game (e.g. Aragorns quest, Ubisoft's Raquet Sports, the Michael Jackson game, and I reckon you can also count Resident Evil among those, or all Party games that use similar stuff as you see on the Wii, and Wii Motion+ in particular - Golf, Tennis, etc., or the shooting mechanic for Killzone 3/Socom 4 that is similar to Call of Duty type stuff on Wii). Then there are some PC games that strongly benefit from the Mouse are fair game (upcoming PC/PS3 style MMOs for instance, including apparently Final Fantasy XIV, but I'm sure there will be more), or RUSE (RTS by Ubisoft) that has now gotten Move patched in. The "Playstation Move Games" has a full list.

As for the high initial investment, the basic Move set isn't that expensive (65 euro in EU, which is identical to a full price game, gives you camera and one Move controller), and still works for more than half the games as far as I can tell. Additionally, there are some games people may already own that already benefit from the camera (Burnout, Eye Create, LittleBigPlanet, Zen Pinball and a few others - sure, small stuff, but it's there and its free if you already own the game), or get full Move functions patched in for free (High Velocity Bowling, Hustle Kings, EyePet EU version, Heavy Rain, Tiger Woods).
The question is could they sell the games that go with the Move accessories? That was a major problem for the Wii where AAA games with creative concepts sold poorly and I have a feeling that that's going to repeat on the HD systems because you already have to split the base. I don't know, really hardcore gamers could buy these accessories because as you said, they greatly improve games like RE5 but I'm skeptical of how successful (and therefore how common) a game built from the ground-up for the Move would be.

Obviously? There are two scenarios:

1. you don't have any gaming system and have to start buying the console and move controls from scratch. The Wii wins this one without contest, then the 360 will probably have a 299 Arcade bundle at least, and finally the PS3 will probably have a Move bundle for 399 for which you then still need to buy an additional controller (although I think this bundle probably gives you both a dualshock and a Move controller, so some games you can already play two player, but it's not optimal).

2. You already have the systems and only have to buy two controllers. The Wii wins this one, because you always already have at least one controller. The price for another controller is what, 45 euros? The PS3 has a move bundle for 65 euro, and then another Move controller sets you back 45 euro. That totals to 105 euro, and at this point it is very uncertain that a Kinect wll be under 100 euro.
Pricing is hard to say at this point. Generally though, it seems like the Wii holds the advantage for new console owners.

In other words, unless you already have a 360 and don't have the other two systems, I don't see how the 360 is obviously the cheapest multi-player system. It could potentially win for more than 2 player multi-player, but currently Kinect supports 2 players max.
Oh I thought the Kinect could do 4 player games (I swear I saw a promo vid showing this). In that case, Kinect becomes a harder sell. It seems like they'll really try to differentiate it from the types of games you'll see on Move and Wii.

Certainly Move manages to be easily patched into a vast range of conventional games/genres. Whether those benefit enough from that will be up to you however, as I can't judge that for you. From what I'm reading so far the answer seems yes, but I'll find out in two months and will give my impressions here. ;)
Move has this advantage yes, it could be an "extra" feature for a lot of games. It's really hard to predict it's long-term success and how well it can attract big-budget third party investment into Move-exclusive games though.

The Wii has taught us much though. I think it's already fair to say that the Move controller is the best system for enhancing existing games at least for the foreseeable future, simply because there are plenty of examples with positive reactions, and because of the Wii we can see how the Move controller overcomes some of the Wii's limitations that held it back from becoming what some hardcore people hoped from it (similar to how Wii Motion+ overcomes those limitations, but better and adding a camera for augmented reality type stuff). For Kinect it is almost certain that it won't replace existing controls for most current genres, but there are sure to be a bunch of game types that could be far superior with Kinect to both other controllers. So in the end of course the best choice for you will depend on the games that appeal to you. Wii Sports Resort and Skyward Sword's Motion+ support may be just the ticket, after all.
Ultimately, what matters for all of these systems is developer support. There's probably going to be at least a few first and third party efforts on Move and Kinect that are well-designed but it's not until we see the sales of those games that we can judge how much developers will care about motion control. People thought the Wii was going to bring in totally fresh, new IP's until we saw stuff like Carnival Games at the top of sales lists.

Nope. The best uses of the wiimote actually seem to be the ones that just use the IR sensor. Waggling is all right when it's to do a very generic movement but exact sword control or anything just doesn't look that fun. Maybe zelda will change my mind?

Wiimote+ shines in Wii Sports Resort.

Back