• KINECT

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • ALL

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

goonergaz

Veteran
So, which waggle will you buy?

1) All waggles should be thrown out of the window!!
2) I'll stick with the original and "best" Wiimote
3) I've got to Move "it, Move it"
4) I'll jump and and get Kinect(ed)
5) Must...own...all...waggle options!!

I'm tempted to sell the Wii and go with Move - however I'll probably end up with all of them! lol

Wait a bit to see how software support for these peripherals goes?

I might pick up Move earlier, since I already have a camera.

I'll probably be picking up Move, but not Kinect. I like my experiences on Wii, and Move will be similar with an already packed software line up for 2010.

I already have a Wii & 3 motion + controllers. But the Kinect looks interesting. Based on the games that my family like on the Wii, I'm pretty sure that the games MS showed at E3 will interest them.

I'm usually impressed with Sony's designs, whether it's their TV's or other electronics. But I'm surprised that they ended up with the current Move controller design. I am not swinging around a lightbulb.

Probably none anytime soon.
Kinect could interest me once Ms convinced me it works properly and when its price goes down.

Was tempted by Kinect but the high cost , the videos on marketplace and the lack of _any_ games of interest at E3 (was really hoping for some new Rare stuff in the vein of Kameo , VP or BK N&B). Completely depressed by just about everything shown apart from some 3DS stuff :(

Surely a better poll is who has a PS3 and is intending to get Move, who has a 360 and is intending to get Kinect, and who is buying a console for the purpose of playing one or other? Because as it is, I see more Moves then Kinects, but I don't know how many PS3 owners are there to 360 owners casting their votes, which gives no useable indication whasoever of interest, even within the unrealistic limits of a typical forum poll!

I'm getting move. I havent finished heavy rain and I think that game in particular will really benefit from motion controls.

Surely a better poll is who has a PS3 and is intending to get Move, who has a 360 and is intending to get Kinect, and who is buying a console for the purpose of playing one or other? Because as it is, I see more Moves then Kinects, but I don't know how many PS3 owners are there to 360 owners casting their votes, which gives no useable indication whasoever of interest, even within the unrealistic limits of a typical forum poll!

feel free to 'correct' my attempt at a poll, not sure I am able to now?

I might be enticed to purchase Kinect but only if its capability for motion and voice control is extended beyond the 360.

I want to use Kinect as a universal remote that controls my entire entertainment center. I like the idea of having a centralized method of control for your entertainment center without the need of a handheld device.

I could care less about using motion just for gaming especially at the prices Sony and MS are asking.

1) All waggles should be thrown out of the window!!
This needs elaboration. Waggle is evil in all its forms. When I realized I'd have to shake the Sixaxis controller I quit Rag Doll Kung Fu, which I got for free, and I will never play it again. It also made me put down Katamari Forever for the time being. I hate having to shake sticks around in God Of War. Button mashing in small doses is as far as I'm willing to go with the whole concept, no matter the platform.

However.

Tilt control in the right context can be excellent. Pointer control in the right context can be excellent. It is unfair to shove these applications under the same "waggle" umbrella, because the thing you do then is really not waggling at all. These control methods can give you another couple of analog input axes with greater range and/or precision than sticks, either in addition to what your thumbs are already doing, or as a replacement.

I intend to get on the Move bandwagon. I've had a Wii since launch and seen all I needed to see about various control schemes it offers. I know I don't like Waggle. If gesture recognition in games went away tomorrow, I'd cheer. OTOH I know the Wii remote+Nunchuk works great for shooters of all kinds, also for racing, horror and for puzzles, and I expect to see those good experiences transferred to the PS3, only prettier and more accurate. I'm also interested to see if someone can finally make a decent console RTS with this tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting move. I havent finished heavy rain and I think that game in particular will really benefit from motion controls.

Heavy Rain would be a good experiment. I am eyeing for LBP2 and Sorcery myself.
[size=-2]Will vote when I see more of these games.[/size]

Move, only reason is Tiger Woods 11, if it wasn't for Woods 11 looking fun with Move, I wouldn't have gotten any of them.

Going with Move day one. It should be a no-brainer for me really - I already have the PS Eye, and if not mistaken even just one Move controller (39,99 euros here) would allow me to play a few games I already own: Hustle Kings, Pain, EyePet, Velocity Bowling, Flower, and SingStar (which will also start supporting the Guitar Hero/Rockband guitars).

Apart from that, there are a bunch of other reasons:

- I saved Heavy Rain to play with the Move
- I was getting LBP2 anyway and it will be supporting it day one with single player levels, and then will be patched for support in user levels and creation mode, which I expect will be pure genius.
- I'm definitely getting Killzone 3 and would like to try that with Move support, which I can try without having to buy a navigation controller immediately
- I look forward to Sports Challenge - I love playing table tennis and am very curious how well it translates in Hard mode, and I think my wife will enjoy playing some of these games too, though apart from table tennis personally the games don't excite me a whole lot right now, but I'm sure they could be fun in a party setting.
- Start the Party looks like decent, particularly the Augmented Reality looks fun, and I bet it'll be a cheap way to buy a second (or third?) Move controller in a bundle at some point too ;)

I'll very likely get all of this day one or close to day one.

Apart from that, there are quite are some other things that look interesting, but they are too much of an unknown factor to me right now:
- The Boom Blox type game (forgot the name). I haven't seen anything yet, but I'm willing it to be good as I need something like this on the PS3 with good physics and accuracy.
- Sorcery. We've seen a demo but whether it will actually be a good game is too early to tell.
- Heroes on the Move. Could be great, considering the pedigree! All I've seen so far is a Ratchet & Clank style game where you control the weapons with the Move. Could be good and if this is going to be a co-op project between Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch it could be quite a gem. But it could just as well be done by anyone, and right now, it's just too early to tell.
- The Shoot. Could be my long awaited Point Blank replacement - god I hope so! - but could also just be a dud
- Time Crisis. Right now it looks crap, like the last one - I'd rather have remakes of part 1-3 than any of this. Wait and see, but I'm not hopeful.
- Socom 4. It looks kinda neat with the squad control in particular, but I don't think it's my style of shooter. Killzone 3 may well satisfy me completely here.
- Tiger Woods. Or any othergolf game, I think it would actually be a great party game in this format, and my wife would probably like it too, probably also make for a great party game, etc. But if they came up with a fun mini-golf game, then I'd probably buy that first, day one!
- Portal 2 would be great also with the Move controller by the way, but there's no news on that just yet. I strongly hope so though.

I'm also interested in Kinect (dance and fitness look good as concepts), even if only just because I need to know about the thing first hand - I make a point of knowing almost everything about all the major gaming platforms, even if I don't play the Nintendo one's at all, I can still give great recommendations to friends.

However, right now I have little faith that Kinect will get a lot of use:

- I just measured my living room, and I have 1.50m, which is 5 feet and means I can't play without moving about my TV. I have it on an extensible arm, fortunately, but then when I use that to turn the TV 90 degrees, that will be inhibiting to start with, and then two player games are out, because there's not enough room for the camera to see two people beside each other through the smaller section in the middle of our living room (it's two semi-separated rooms). In other words, I can probably make it work, but it'll take too much effort to get a lot of use.
- currently very little interesting software. I only like the Dance game personally, and even there I have doubts about its depth (not that there aren't enough songs, but in terms of improving my score, etc.).
- of all the promising applications, very few are realised at this point. A drawing at GAF pointed out that there were five styles of application that were promised last year, that can currently not be shown to work this year, among which augmented reality (too much lag? camera framerate too low?), enhancing controller games, more than two players, playing when sitting down, etc. I'm sure we'll be getting most of this eventually, but it's not there right now, which doesn't give me confidence.
- precision and lag is just not good enough for the depth of experience I am looking for. I'm worried that this will limit its application too much in the future.

Even despite these worries though, I think even if I didn't just want it to fool around with the technology, I think there will eventually be one or two 'killer apps' that will make me want one.

Back