Motorstorm: Apocalypse

I wonder how much sales impact it would make in Japan, if they include Kamen Rider into the mix of character skins and vehicles.

It would somewhat fit the Apocalypse theme. :devilish:

EDIT: I'd like to see this one in action:
4686587260_d2804cb5cd.jpg

Bullet point features:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/10/introducing-motorstorm-apocalypse/

Sixteen player online multiplayer.

Four player split-screen.

Combinations of the two. Play with three friends in the living room against 12 more online.

Massive vehicle customisation. Change vinyls, vehicle parts, vehicle shapes and more. Upload them to the community site and share them with others. They automatically work on all vehicle types, and include your PSN ID.

Vehicle perks. Modify your handling, boosting and offensive abilities as you unlock new perks.

A wealth of rankings to progess through online with associated rewards and recognition.

Stacks of online rewards to earn and persistent progress giving the most determined and successful racers the status and recognition they deserve.

Persistent matchmaking. Keep your party together throughout your gaming session.

A Game Mode Creator. From a completely blank canvas you can design your own game rules and victory conditions, play them online, and incorporate them into tournaments.

Those screens are looking rough...why the low res textures and no improvement, even downgrade, from Motorstorm 2?
:smile:
All the previews say it looks better than MS2 even at this very early pre Alpha stage. It's a Sony 1st party studio i think at this point it's very silly to say the games wont be pushing the hardware.

I really like the idea of this setting which instantly reminds me of that car escape scene from the movie 2012 where they drove a limo through a wrecking city with earth quakes, building falling and all. Game looks pretty epic, can't wait to see it in motion.

Evolution answered a few questions in the blog comments:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21753410&postcount=440

Yeah, we’re really pleased with what we’re doing for customization. We’ve got a huge amount of options for visual customization – like changing parts, vinyls, stickers and such – but with the Perks system we’ve got a really nice way of offering performance tuning too.

We’re really embracing Sony’s mantra of ‘Play, Create, Share’ with some exciting community-driven content for Wreckreation.

Yep, totally. Multiple logins are supported on PS3, so we’re definitely going to be making use of it.

Basically, if you’ve got four PSN accounts on your PS3 you can all login and play Wreckreation together. And we also support guest logins too.

Custom Soundtracks are definitely in. We’ve got some really exciting plans for our soundtrack as well so watch this space.

Did you see how the dust has shadows casted on it at 0:21?

Unbelievable. It is convincing and gives a sense of volume

I guess it is meant to bee seen from POV becouse the sense is all broken from above when you can spot each individual smoke layer particle and the clipping and shadows just make it worse highlighting each particles clipping point.

I saw some GT5 trailers and noticed that the cars have pretty thick smoke trail now ^_^

Must be sharing smoke tech also.

I guess it is meant to bee seen from POV becouse the sense is all broken from above when you can spot each individual smoke layer particle and the clipping and shadows just make it worse highlighting each particles clipping point.

That´s a very interesting point.

In effect, the Motorstorm games are probably the ones in witch the perceived visual quality and "sensations" are more radically different depending on the camera used. It´s a game that seems to be designed with the first person, cockpickt camera in mind. The "cinematic" view traps several shortcomings, but in first person the game is, simply put, astounding, mindblowing.

That points to the fact that the screens of the game are, in general, only above average, but playing it it´s almost incredible. The "extended" textures, the layered dust etc. are really, really convincing with the in-car camera. One could argue that the other camera, even the pan view at the beginning of the races it´s hurting the inmersion, just a bad presentation decision. A race start with different views of the car close-up would be preferible... The fact that no apparent stream is done during the race -just at the beginning- in the first installments (the blu-ray seems "silent" for the long of the race) just adds to the fact that some "data" appears to be missing. Higher resolution textures for the environment, or particles, are the only real missing point of the Motorstorm saga to me.

Apart from that, the look and feel playing it is a blast.

Back