Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

On the other hand, it wouldn't be fair to judge GOW3 gameplay using just the first tutorial on Gaia either...attacks+gameplay change during the game so let's wait and see how this turns out!!

Sure, that's why I mentioned "if they do it too often". The enemies in GoW3 are more interactive even in the first demo. The designers seem more conscious of the need.

I agree. Compaired to the first GOWIII fight against that snake-lion-goat-thing, the fight against the Werewolf mini-boss does look incredibly rigid, predictable and, quite frankly, boring.

I tried the demo myself...you can play it in the MS booth!
First of all: I am a GOW 3 fanboy (heck I even played some at the SONY booth?!)
So I compare this game to GOW 3 and it felt liveless, not much character....fighting was ok, graphics where ok, I lost interest during the demo and did not finish it...there was a (mini?) boss fight which just felt boring (I completed nearly all of the other demos!). But I liked the style of the game a lot and I will keep an eye on this one and see how the reviews turn out, I wonder if they have some cool big boss fights in this game?!

So I compare this game to GOW 3 and it felt liveless, not much character....fighting was ok, graphics where ok, I lost interest during the demo and did not finish it...there was a (mini?) boss fight which just felt boring (I completed nearly all of the other demos!). But I liked the style of the game a lot and I will keep an eye on this one and see how the reviews turn out, I wonder if they have some cool big boss fights in this game?!

Graphics look awersome to me and other people but to each their own I guess.I'm excited for this game as I'm a longtime Castlevania fan who appreciates the series great 2-D hack n slash gameplay.

How was the framerate? 30fps? 60fps?

Hm, to be honest I cannot remember my impression of the graphcis exactly anymore...there where to much games around (poor me ;-))
And my demo was not the one shown in the youtube vid (which looks great!!)
The thing I played was the one, where you later have this horse riding passage with the werewolves running at your side...

I only remember that the rain looked kind of odd?! Cannot explain why, but it looked not so good to me, whereas the enemies and the environment looked crisp with good detail. It also looked clean overall - but again, I am not used to play a game standing only 30 cm away from the screen.

Sorry, for not providing more information...

Hm, to be honest I cannot remember my impression of the graphcis exactly anymore...there where to much games around (poor me ;-))
And my demo was not the one shown in the youtube vid (which looks great!!)
The thing I played was the one, where you later have this horse riding passage with the werewolves running at your side...

I only remember that the rain looked kind of odd?! Cannot explain why, but it looked not so good to me, whereas the enemies and the environment looked crisp with good detail. It also looked clean overall - but again, I am not used to play a game standing only 30 cm away from the screen.

Sorry, for not providing more information...

I think i saw that level or part on gametrailers yeah that chase part does look boring with the quick time events.

But i think that with kojima involved it will be mostly about the story.

I mean the style of the game was really cool (the voice of Captain Picard for instance ;-)) and the demo starts with a chapter in an old book...kind of stylish!
I hope as well that the story is good...but again, I may sound overly negative, but I am definitively looking forward to this game!!

Here is an article stating that after 8 hours of gameplay, only chapter 3 of 12 was reached :oops:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1116154p1.html

It this is true, and this game offers this much SP campaign - I will buy it for sure, without a doubt!

Lords of Shadow is not a game you're going to plow through in a single sitting. On the map screen there are 12 chapters, each with multiple stages and some seriously long boss battles. After playing for nearly eight hours, I was slashing my way through Chapter 3. The story, as told through detailed in-game cutscenes, seemed to be just getting started.

Nice to hear! Sounds like Kojima level cutscene in length. Graphics looks alright from the gameplay, nothing ground breaking but the music sounds awesome for sure.

Nope the longest is 15 min or so and that the ending video(not the credits). So expect the other to be 4 min i at least hope they are.

Graphics look awersome to me and other people but to each their own I guess.I'm excited for this game as I'm a longtime Castlevania fan who appreciates the series great 2-D hack n slash gameplay.

Hah, was browsing news at Gamersyde I saw some pics of C:LS and though for a moment they where GOWIII.

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_castlevania_lords_of_shadow-13617-1.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_castlevania_lords_of_shadow-13617-11.html

Seems like they lend of each other regarding style, artwork color and simialr effects to, no? Btw looks like game has object motionblur.

The lighting and color schemes are actually very different IMHO, even in these scenes. GOWIII has a more contrasted look, almost completely black darks and very sharp highlights...

Very interested in this game.And 24 hours?Wow...i love it! :oops:
Back in 2009,on E3,when i saw Castlevania and GOW III i pretty much thought C:LOS has it beaten in graphics,it looked better IMO but i was afraid to say it :LOL:
Anyways...jap,OBM is on and i think i read that its 30fps locked,720p.

Very interested in this game.And 24 hours?Wow...i love it! :oops:
Back in 2009,on E3,when i saw Castlevania and GOW III i pretty much thought C:LOS has it beaten in graphics,it looked better IMO but i was afraid to say it :LOL:
Anyways...jap,OBM is on and i think i read that its 30fps locked,720p.

Dude, don't be afraid to say what you want.

The lighting and color schemes are actually very different IMHO, even in these scenes. GOWIII has a more contrasted look, almost completely black darks and very sharp highlights...
Depends which scene. Those shots definitely do remind me of the first few parts of GoW III (when you're on Gaia).

Na, I don't agree. If I would judge the graphics from the demo I have played, I would not even put it in the same league as GOW3 graphically (IMHO)...although the pics Nebula linked reveal that there is much more to come and I will judge it once I have played through the whole game!

PS: Did you guys have actually played and completed GOW3?

Back