Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Butta, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Butta

Regular

Wow, I never watch a trailer more than once... but I watched this one more than 5 times already. I was a huge Castlevania fan growing up and this trailer absolutely knocked my socks off!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-castlevania-lords/50687

This is much more impressive looking than GOWIII to me. Could be that I prefer the art style. But more WOW for me for sure!!!

2. Bumpyride

Newcomer

I agree, it looks a lot more impressive than GOWIII.

3. almighty

Banned

That is the only console game that has impressed me in terms of graphics for a longgg time :)

4. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

I saw this trailer last night and was properly amazed by it. I want to see more, a LOT more of this game now.

5. Cornsnake

Veteran

Yeah it looks nice, and I'm very happy to see a new franchise from Kojima Productions.

I'm started to wonder how much Kojima is involved in each of his games. This, going by the trailer is made by Mercurysteam and Kojima Productions. Then there is MGS: Rising which we're not sure what it is, it could be a true sequel or prequel, or more of a spin-off. And MGS: Peace Walker, which is said to be the sequel to MGS 3, and is being made by the MGS 4 team.

If I had to guess, I would say he's involved with MGS: Peace Walker the most.

6. el_rika

Newcomer

Apart from Peace Walker, Kojima himself is only superficially involved in the other announced projects.

Ot: Lord of Shadow does indeed look amazing !

7. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Looks very nice and evokes beautiful art, though God of War 3 did steal a ton of thunder from it in terms of overall visual presentation. Also not digging some of the combat such as spinning endlessly at the enemies.

8. RenegadeRocks

Legend

My thoughts ! That spinning part irked me too. GOW III has taken a gritty visual style this time around, I like that, except 4 their strange speculars .

We need a demo of this one. Visually looks great !

9. Lycan

Regular

The art style is amazing, and the huge bosses give me a nice SOTC and GOW vibe : Epic ! :grin:

10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

11. RudeCurve

Banned

It looks really good, add this to my list of must have games. Question, that trailer has some CG mixed with gameplay right?

12. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

Yup, of course.

13. Scott_Arm

Legend

Looks very much like God of War. Would have linked gametrailers, but the quality is horrible. Hopefully there will be a proper vid soon, but my impression is that the graphics are very nice.

14. joker454

Veteran

Saw it today at e3, it was best graphics of the show to me. Gorgeous game! It was an awesome show for Castlevania fans as even the 2d Castlevania that was shown was awesome. Vanquish looked fine as well but Castlevania stood out as best to me.

15. patsu

Legend

CG aside, the cinematic camera angle is what I like most. I am impressed. Gives the game/trailer a truly epic feel. In this regard, reminds me a little of MGS4.

16. Alucardx23

Regular

Was the 360 version on display or only the PS3 one?

17. Gitaroo

Veteran

gametrailers footage are 360, gamersdye got PS3 judging by the buttons. Game is lead on PS3, too lazy to find a link Im pretty sure simple google can help.

18. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Thanks for the update. Really have been following this closely since last year. Hope it turns out well. Would be jumping for joy if Konami decided to drop a demo after their conf tomorrow.

19. joker454

Veteran

Both were playable on the show floor.

20. Alucardx23

Regular

Good, is almost always a bad sign when only one version is shown and I only have a 360 right now. I’m really excited for this game, been a fan since the NES and this game is getting better and better, every time something new is shown.