Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - looks astounding!!!

From what I understand, for better or worse, Kojima is loosely involved with this project. More of a executive producer than anything else.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/20/kojima_tgs_2011/

Hideo Kojima has been Tweeting quite heavily following TGS. Earlier today, he Tweeted a response to a post by Torico creator Fumito Ueda.

But before that, he had something to say about his own showing at TGS: "I think it would be nice if next year I can do not just editing, but introduce my own new game (game design, script and direction)."

As long as they keep him away from the cutscenes everything will be fine.

At least, Kojima stands for high quality production values...
And this seems to be the case with this game as well - which is kind of rare in multiplat games these days (IMO of course!)

I think as well that some of those cutscenes in MGS4 were way to long (i.e. boring), but their overall quality was quite good, IMO.

If this game is indeed 20+ hours, I wonder how much gameplay it actually contains - I hope as well for rather limited use of cutscenes...

PSN+ is tied to the account you purchased it from...and will we be getting the demo ? (we = US PSN users)

A pretty good interview over at Joystiq with David Cox (producer). Also has some information about Konami and Kojima Productions role in the game's development. The interview also makes it clear that this is a reboot of the series (not sure if others knew that explicitly, I did not). I'm probably using reboot improperly, in this case, however. As they describe it as simply being their own vision of Castlevania, independent of the lore and canon set in previous games.

As long as they keep him away from the cutscenes everything will be fine.

:LOL:

Speaking of which, on the cut-scenes:

And with Kojima on board, does that mean we're in for some notoriously lengthy cutscenes? Has he offered input on how your story should be told?

Not in that respect, no. We don't really have lengthy cutscenes. The longest cutscene is at the end, which is 14 minutes. I think if someone's played twenty hours of a game, they deserve a bloody good ending. But other than that, the cutscenes are fairly short.

What Kojima Productions helped us with was things like camera angles, and dramatizing the cutscenes and focusing it on characters. But generally, they've been hands-off. They're helping us with the Japanese voice actors at the moment which has been ... interesting. It's because Japanese voice actors do things very differently, they emote in a different way. But they're taking control on that, which has been a great help.

The emphasis is my own, and something I fully agree with. Short, half hearted, endings really bother me. They probably bother me as much as long cut-scenes seem to both a lot of you. :p They also disproportionately color my overall opinion of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might feel deserved and rewarding as endgame !

Waiting for impressions from psn plus users, the whip doesn't seem very exciting from what I have seen.

I'm glad the cutscenes are short. I hate them with a passion. When I heard Kojima was involved, I was immediately afraid this would be more of a movie than a game. Good to know this one hasn't gone all Metal Gear.

Back