Lords of the Fallen: [PS4, XO]

According to IGN there are influences of Borderlands and Dark Souls but it is a very different game.

I'm getting quite interested now, if there is looting and levelling and the ghosts of past failures to haunt your game...!

There was a pretty long gameplay video released quite a while back. ITs an RPG with Dark Souls like skill based combat but easier. They had shown a boss fight too. Will see if I can find the video.

I've just skimmed over the preview in Game. It actually sounds really good, a bit like the original Witcher with elements of Borderlands and Dark Souls. They also said that it has some of the most impressively sized enemies they've ever seen in a game.

There was a pretty long gameplay video released quite a while back. ITs an RPG with Dark Souls like skill based combat but easier. They had shown a boss fight too. Will see if I can find the video.

I believe that's on IGN. Basically culminates in a boss battle who mostly just swings his sword about like a big idiot.

I believe that's on IGN. Basically culminates in a boss battle who mostly just swings his sword about like a big idiot.

Yeah, that one. I wasn't impressed at all so didn't make a thread here. Even the graphics are average in the gameplay demo. It seems just average or below to me, can give a look if reviews come out stellar or someone at B3D gets smitten.

The A.I. is about as good or as terrible as in any other action rpg really. The game really is just dark souls light. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unfortunately, the game is in dire need of a stability patch. A core mechanic of the game is gambling your progress on the chance of gaining more experience by ignoring check points. Unfortunately you're a lot less likely to lose your progress due to errors on your end than due to constant crashes.

The A.I. is about as good or as terrible as in any other action rpg really. The game really is just dark souls light. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unfortunately, the game is in dire need of a stability patch. A core mechanic of the game is gambling your progress on the chance of gaining more experience by ignoring check points. Unfortunately you're a lot less likely to lose your progress due to errors on your end than due to constant crashes.
Hm, I put this game aside and did not buy it yet...will wait until the bugs are sorted out. Thankfully, new Billy doesn't blindly pre-order ever game anymore ;-)

So, thanks for impressions.

Made a mistake: you can activate checkpoints without resetting the experience multiplier. You just cannot bank your experience points. That makes the lack of stability a lot less of an issue. Still quite a shoddy product nontheless. I have yet to quit the game in a way that didn't involve a crash. Cashed about 12 times during my playthrough. It's about as Euro-RPG as it gets in terms of polish (and in terms of pointless effects showboating too - seriously, the amount of post processing in the game is less evocative of swords and sworcery than it is of J.J. Abram's Star Trek. Digital Foundry's comment on how the chromatic aberration makes you reach for your shitty anaglyphic glasses is rather spot-on))

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really been in the mood for hack n slash gameplay lately. I keep thinking about purchasing LOTF for the X1. It is on sale for $35 until Dec 22 on X1. To anyone that has owned the game do you think it is worth a $35 purchase?
I have played every other X1 hack n slash (Ryse, Shadow of Mordor). I am even thinking of going back and buying some 360 titles I haven't play like Ninja Blade and Dark Souls.

Lords of the fallen patch 1.4 with notably:

- Post Chromashift setting is now optional. (Yes!)
- [PS4] Screen tearing significantly reduced. (Gravy!)

That's great! Chromatic aberration was the main reason this game wasn't on my radar, like all games anyway like Destiny or Aliens isolation.
Chromatic aberration criminally adds a strong layer of vaseline, particularly in this game, the CA was really too strong.

But a lot more stuff were corrected too:

http://www.cigames.com/en/patch-1.4.html

Lords of the fallen patch 1.4 with notably:

- Post Chromashift setting is now optional. (Yes!)
- [PS4] Screen tearing significantly reduced. (Gravy!)

That's great! Chromatic aberration was the main reason this game wasn't on my radar, like all games anyway like Destiny or Aliens isolation.
Chromatic aberration criminally adds a strong layer of vaseline, particularly in this game, the CA was really too strong.

But a lot more stuff were corrected too:

http://www.cigames.com/en/patch-1.4.html

I recently bought this for the X1 and got the update last night. Is the turn off chroma shift available for all platforms?
Edit- Never mind just found it.

Bought this game cheap in the psn store.

I got killed a lot...and played for about 10min :D

Where is the Cromashift setting hidden?

Btw, any hints for a newbie? Which class which magic?

Back