Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Looks like some custom edge filter on PS3. On 360 they use a simpler edge blur it seems. You can tell in some spots where the edge detection fails in both SKUs. Oh and definitely 720p.

Looks like some custom edge filter on PS3. On 360 they use a simpler edge blur it seems. You can tell in some spots where the edge detection fails in both SKUs. Oh and definitely 720p.

why x360 version have this weird looking red tint ?
Colours in PS3 version are mutch better.

The PS3 version looks so much better, IQ is great and the colors on 360 are weird...also spotted some lower resolution textures in the baskets in the right side of the second screen on the 360 version.

PS3 version looks quite impressive if you ask me considering it's an UE3 based game IIRC.

MLAA counts as a post-process edge filter, I just prefer a more general term instead of trying to analyze what sort of interpolation/blend/blur process is utilized (MLAA, DLAA, AAA, modified MLAA, modified MLAA 2.0 etc).

could this be a good sign for the future of UE3 games for PS3? If they integrate that into their SDK since almost all UE3 on the PS3 has no AA at all.

Yeah it's Lightsprint. I always thought their demos looked awful, but it will be interesting to see how it looks in a non-tech-demo environment.
...And I was wondering why does LA Noire look similar to Mafia 2.I'm not exactly floored by their implantation,looks "muddy",dunno how to explain that.

Mafia 2 is a different type of game. LA Noire look more similar to shenmue with more choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back