Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

They're talking about Red Faction: Armageddon. MLAA is a post process, it should work on any resolution image you give it. Here's my question, is MLAA applied before or after it is scaled?

Ah.... pretty curious to see how work mlaa with so low resolution... wow just seen now.... I'm tried to check every fine edge & seem pretty stable in motion.... very interesting approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're talking about Red Faction: Armageddon. MLAA is a post process, it should work on any resolution image you give it. Here's my question, is MLAA applied before or after it is scaled?
It needs to be prior to scaling. Otherwise the edge detection won't work properly.

Holy cow what is Red Faction Armageddon doing that sends the ps3 to 960x540p Land again? Even after using MLAA which is suppose to save them tons of RAM.
Anyway I'm hoping MW3 is 600p at least on ps3 since it's developed by IW.

Does anyone want a go for Hunted Demon's Forge?
http://i51.tinypic.com/1ieh49.jpg

Both versions of Red Faction, 360 and PS3, are 960*540.
It's a massive drop of original resolution... isn't it the prequel native 720p from what I remember? From what I have seen not seem to change massively in the graphic this sequel, a part the transparancies on the ps3 which now appear in high buffer...

FFXIII only used A2C for hair and foliage (only grass, shrubs and trees weren't A2C IIRC), for everything else ie. spells,effects and explosions it used full resolution alpha buffers.

There is some peculiar artefacting around his knee and the robot. It looks like the 2xMSAA trick remapping. There are a few blocky (low-res) artefacts around the sword as well - they're using lower res buffers for sure. Looks like a few patches got through...maybe where the sword slash effect intersects the other special effect or something. *shrug*

FXAA is also available for console? I thought its nvidia cards only, Im surprise that it wasn't in their n control panel yet.

Back